• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

funny aside, wouldn't this retcon them scaling to them in the ToP?
Perhaps. They always say "this guy is as strong as a god of destruction/he's at the level of a god"

Soon after, Goku and company say that they still haven't overcome the gods of destruction, etc.

I don't remember much about granolah's wish since I only see the manga above, but wouldn't it involve beerus? And yet we have this 'indication' in the film that they haven't overcome the gods of destruction.

I don't trust people who don't like Beerus and Whis. One of the best things about DB was inventing these characters and leaving them as recurring ones. I just don't like these continuous retcons.
I love Beerus and Whis, for me they are one of the best new characters that Akira Toriyama invented

Retcons This always happens in DB

This cabs don't really say that trought? Goku is just saying the universe is Full of powerfull guys, not that they are stronger than him.
In fact it is very clear, the Gods of destruction are at the top that Goku and Vegeta want to reach, from what I can understand and even Goku has not surpassed Beerus in power

Perhaps. They always say "this guy is as strong as a god of destruction/he's at the level of a god"

Soon after, Goku and company say that they still haven't overcome the gods of destruction, etc.

I don't remember much about granolah's wish since I only see the manga above, but wouldn't it involve beerus? And yet we have this 'indication' in the film that they haven't overcome the gods of destruction.
Nah, for granolah it was specified that Gods weren't included in the wish

This is superhero, there is no black Frieza, it's stated to occur as a sequel to Broly
This takes place after the Moro and Granola arcs, so obviously we're going to have the Black Frieza saga

If it happens after Broly it doesn't prove anything, just that the Moro and Granola arc was cut, but it will soon have an anime adaptation.

(There is no other reason for Broly to run from Frieza, Frieza in the film was obliterated by Broly and the only way for Frieza to be able to overcome Broly is to have a new transformation)

Last edited:
According to the interview, we have several timelines from the film, anime, and manga

“Between this film and the publication of Toyotaro-sensei's manga, we currently have two lines of ‎‎Dragon Ball Super‎‎ in progress. For starters, the writing happened ‎‎purely as a sequel to Dragon Ball Super: Broly. We wanted to meet the expectations of everyone who's stuck with Dragon Ball so far,‎‎ along the lines of, 'It would be cool for that to happen.' Or, 'I hope this character shows up.'"

”And in the pages of Weekly Shonen Jump, we have the continuing story of Goku and Vegeta. We will see new strong enemies appear, and new arcs emerge, and events will continue to progress. ‎‎Of course, Toriyama diligently oversees the manga's story, so it's as if we have these events running in parallel‎‎. In terms of timeline placement, we try not to construct things too strictly – we would like to leave some margins, to allow for a greater degree of freedom.”

This takes place after the Moro and Granola arcs, so obviously we're going to have the Black Frieza saga
Manga only right now
If it happens after Broly it doesn't prove anything, just that the Moro and Granola arc was cut, but it will soon have an anime adaptation.
We don't even know when the anime is coming back and what changes they'll make in the anime adaptation
(There is no other reason for Broly to run from Frieza, Frieza in the film was obliterated by Broly and the only way for Frieza to be able to overcome Broly is to have a new transformation)
Broly himself isn't scared, goku and Vegeta are worried that Frieza can turn him to their side if he doesn't learn to control himself, if Frieza black was a thing in the movie, Jiren wouldn't even be in the conversation, Goku is literally still learning how to use UI freely there in the movie

main-qimg-ef49de5228206202d79d4e058aa7bfcc.png

Apparently I asked this on the wrong thread I wanted to know how this thread was going because it seems to be going nowhere from a glance.

Back