• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

What is y'all opinion on this: Planet Vegeta Area: Universe Special Characteristics: The home world of the Saiya-jin Events: It was said to have exploded from an impact with a gigantic meteor, but it was actually destroyed by Freeza and his men. (Daizenshuu 4, p.73) Anime: A red planet with two suns. In the television special “A Lonely Final Battle”, it is an advanced planet with futuristic cities. Its destruction by Freeza’s super-gigantic energy bullet was also depicted. https://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11502 In Dragon Ball Ki Blasts are energy bullets and cleaving the earth enough or ******* with a planet's magma is implied to be enough to destroy said planet https://media.discordapp.net/attach...ts_destroying_Planets_are_chain_reactions.PNG https://media.discordapp.net/attach...mply_caused_by_cleaving_its_earth_in_half.PNG https://media.discordapp.net/attach...392925294762/Ki_Blasts_are_Energy_Bullets.PNG Scans from the Dragon Ball Z RPG book as well. https://media.discordapp.net/attach...56098321150042/Screenshot_20230218_152926.jpg https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/957868111757967370/1105256098597961808/n6me6Xi_d.webp
The guide’s statements from the game is eh, they even call it their own theory. But as for the Daizenshuu, maybe? In the namek saga we do know frieza was attacking the core and the explosion of the core can result in an explosion capable of destroying the planet beyond its GBE. Like completely vaporizing it. So it does hold some merit.

I mean if you use the game one then the attack would overcome the GBE resulting in a higher result im pretty sure

BUT DAMN WHY CANT THE SUNS ONE BE IJ THE MANGA TOO WHY DID IT HAVE TO SAY ANIMEEE daizenshuu sold
The argument was towards it being a chain reaction towards planet feat but I don't see that

Even in DBS when frieza destroys the planet it appears to be more like him manipulating and disrupting the core than exploding it with raw energy.

Namek, kid buu and frieza. There’s only one which isn’t effected by this statements and the means of destruction is unknown tbh (Vegeta)
I mean the destruction wouldn't be a chain reaction since the meaning of chain reaction goes against it. A chain reaction typically involves a series of interconnected events where each event triggers the next one, leading to a cumulative effect. Kid buu just use a huge ki even goku stated it could destroy the planet. I agree with Frieza one though

Eh don't agree nor should we care about it we go by wats shown
Yeah plus it kinda feels like an AoE fallacy plus there's an in-universe explanation why characters don't go around blowing up planets, stars and other celestial bodies every time they fight or power up.

That said I wonder if Freeza was thinking about the consequences of blowing up the Earth while Beerus was still on it?

I mean the destruction wouldn't be a chain reaction since the meaning of chain reaction goes against it. A chain reaction typically involves a series of interconnected events where each event triggers the next one, leading to a cumulative effect. Kid buu just use a huge ki even goku stated it could destroy the planet. I agree with Frieza one though
I wasn’t saying it creates a chain reaction, I’m referring to the statement that says the attack causes the magma to swell which results in the planets explosion. On paper it’s planet destruction but the Daizenshuu makes it seem to be out of ability vs sheer ap.
If it means anything, all of the attacks that destroy the planets originates from the core and explode outwards at a 360 degree angle, as if the reaction came from the direct center and not the attack exploding on the surface releasing a shockwave

In the namek saga we do know frieza was attacking the core and the explosion of the core can result in an explosion capable of destroying the planet beyond its GBE.
TBF Viz kind of missed the mark in this scene saying he detonated the core here. The raw, the Anime subs of the same sentence, and Herms' strength checker all cite that he says he outright destroyed the core itself which would've resulted in the delayed reaction of the planet blowing apart due to having no core(weird mechanic, I know, but it's definitely a step above merely detonating the core featwise).
e9bd9e77d173300ab35d039b72b58837.png

883967e627d89e188ead499b45e8f4ab.png

And after all, he only went the destroying the core route this particular time on purpose to be able to continue the fight, and Goku even remarks he could still blow the planet up if he wanted (which at this point, already has its core destroyed so there's not really any way for him to initiate anothe chain reaction again as far as I can tell).

Eh don't agree nor should we care about it we go by wats shown
We aren’t really shown much are we?
Yeah plus it kinda feels like an AoE fallacy plus there's an in-universe explanation why characters don't go around blowing up planets, stars and other celestial bodies every time they fight or power up.

That said I wonder if Freeza was thinking about the consequences of blowing up the Earth while Beerus was still on it?
The here is? No one is making the argument that they’re not planet busters bc they don’t always destroy the planet, the dude asked our opinion on the Daizenshuu saying the planet feats are due to magma swelling up and dispersing, main example being namek or PV destruction.

TBF Viz kind of missed the mark in this scene saying he detonated the core here. The raw, the Anime subs of the same sentence, and Herms' strength checker all cite that he says he outright destroyed the core itself which would've resulted in the delayed reaction of the planet blowing apart due to having no core(weird mechanic, I know, but it's definitely a step above merely detonating the core featwise).
e9bd9e77d173300ab35d039b72b58837.png

883967e627d89e188ead499b45e8f4ab.png

And after all, he only went the destroying the core route this particular time on purpose to be able to continue the fight, and Goku even remarks he could still blow the planet up if he wanted (which at this point, already has its core destroyed so there's not really any way for him to initiate anothe chain reaction again as far as I can tell).
True on this part, guess I can take Namek off that list but the destruction of the core wouldnt cause the planet to go boom. We see in several planets that this caused the magma and to swell out and engulf the entire planet in flames (manga states the planet had turned into a giant fireball) and eventually exploded, which matches what the Daizenshuu says. All of it is just weird

True on this part, guess I can take Namek off that list but the destruction of the core wouldnt cause the planet to go boom. We see in several planets that this caused the magma and to swell out and engulf the entire planet in flames (manga states the planet had turned into a giant fireball) and eventually exploded, which matches what the Daizenshuu says. All of it is just weird
I mean I got one of my friend who explain that it's actually greater than that, plus the character would have to do a crazy power to affect the magma. His other friend explain why its greater than planet level

He was definitely getting clapped by Buutenks for the most part though, and even if, that actually should go to his scaling with his fight with Gohan inside Buu. Making Toei Post Resurrection SSJ3 Goku > Pre Resurrection Goku. That's how I can see that making logical sense.

Side Note: Goku literally told Buucolo "You don't expect to beat me like that do you?" In the English Dub

With the mere confidence of reverting to Base Form right in front of his face, Goku believes Buu is no threat. This should put Goku above both Buucolo and ultimately Super Buu in the anime PRIOR to going into his body. ofc this is if its consistent with the Japanese.
There is also this thing

Goku doesnt confirm that SS3 Gotenks surpasses him, instead says they are at his level though could be sub and subject to interpretation.

I mean I got one of my friend who explain that it's actually greater than that, plus the character would have to do a crazy power to affect the magma. His other friend explain why its greater than planet level
I’d just say that they don’t know what they’re talking about. The means of effecting the magma is unknown, it could be the heat of the blasts making them swell, some form of magma manipulation. Anything, we don’t know. But almost every iteration of a planet exploding its not a traditional shockwave which instantly destroys the planet, always a lot of magma swelling around the planet, engulfing and eventually the planet exploding, which matches the Daizenshuu’s statement.

Also, looking at the kid buu feat, his initial blast (which was gonna destroy the Earth) doesn’t have any significant effect once dispersed. Vegeta shoots a blast which disperses it and the actual explosion isn’t that big.

Wtf does this matter?
When referencing the statement in the Daizenshuu, it matches it’s description. If it was destroying the planet via an engulfing shockwave, dispersing it at any point would still destroy the planet. But if it’s effecting the magma which then destroys the planet by dispersing exploding, then this scene wouldn’t conflict with anything presented.
He throws another and it instantly blows up the planet upon contact
10-RJM9JTeq2K-fb.jpg

11--JXiiDlJ4qB3A.jpg
Do we see the contact? Do we actually see the beam explode outside of the planet exploding? While the anime isn’t canon, it shows how something like this would play out. This doesn’t really contradict my statement .

Do we see the contact? Do we actually see the beam explode outside of the planet exploding? While the anime isn’t canon, it shows how something like this would play out. This doesn’t really contradict my statement .
Given how Toei DBZ has so many differences from the DBZ manga, this has little relevance

Given how Toei DBZ has so many differences from the DBZ manga, this has little relevance
That doesn’t dismiss the questions I asked? I even state that it isn’t canon, but it shows how it would happen. Frieza’s explosion of Planet Vegeta shows this, chain reaction of the magma erupting and eventually disrupting. Namek itself is a clear cut example.
Frieza destroying Earth also shows this.
The Daizenshuu’s description matches what has been portrayed in the series and the Daizenshuu states that kid buu’s blast does the same.

I wonder if there is an ability for this? Planet Destruction Mastery?

Moro vs orange piccolo (manga versions)

Piccolo knows about Moro because of course he does
Manga-wise we have confirmation that Goku and Vegeta haven't been seen since the Moro Saga. We haven't gotten the SH adaptation fully yet so it could change some scaling but if the statements are the same? Gohan and Piccolo aren't 'sure' if Goku could have beaten Cell Max, presumably meaning the Moro Saga UI Goku they last saw, but with an unknown growth since then, but they also admit they wouldn't have won without Gamma 2's sacrifice weakening Cell Max.

So to put that into perspective:

Gohan Beast >> Cell Max > UI Goku (Moro) = UI Moro >>>> Moro-73

Orange Piccolo could do very little to Cell Max, even after Gamma 2 weakened him and Toriyama has stated Orange makes Piccolo 'on the same level' as 'Goku and the others'. With all that in mind I'd be inclined to think Piccolo is around UI Goku (Moro) level in raw power, maybe weaker.

So logically we would think Orange Piccolo could beat Moro, right? Well maybe not? He doesn't have Spirit Fission like Vegeta and he lacks the instincts and enhanced agility of Ultra Instinct so he has no real answer if Moro uses his absorption powers. In a straight fight, Orange Piccolo has a high chance of winning but if Moro absorbs his energy? I don't think Piccolo can do much against it.

Back