• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Gas did fly back from that 'realm' that Whis is in though. If it really is a subspace or something along those lines then that means Gas flew from another realm back to Universe 7 all the way to Cereal in about 20 minutes.
By the standards on the wiki that should be impossible

Gas didn't fly between any realms, he flew between two planets in the living realm, if that isn't evident enough in the scene itself. Goku says he was lucky Whis was in the "lower realm" 下界, which refers to the living realm specifically.
Goku says "よかった! ウイスさんが下界にいてくれて"
261c7a8ce78ceb1cd1ba82968df74677.png

下界の星 "planets of the lower realm" (context is that Shin is talking about how he can teleport to any planet).

Realm doesn’t necessarily mean alternate dimension, old English usage of the term referred to different kingdoms/ territories which were obviously in the same plane of existence.

"Lucky for me you're hanging out in this realm" suggests that Beerus's Planet exists in a different realm.
I think it more so implies even more than what we knew before that Beerus' Planet is in the normal realm, or rather the Living World, and that for whatever reason, Whis is not in the Living World, and is in another realm. It's interpretive I guess, but that seems more likely based on literal wording and definitions.

Gas didn't fly between any realms, he flew between two planets in the living realm, if that isn't evident enough in the scene itself. Goku says he was lucky Whis was in the "lower realm" 下界, which refers to the living realm specifically.

261c7a8ce78ceb1cd1ba82968df74677.png

下界の星 "planets of the lower realm" (context is that Shin is talking about how he can teleport to any planet).
Interesting. Tbh I could have sworn there was a statement somewhere that said something along the lines of Beerus' Planet being in a nebula within a galaxy in the Living World, but I think I'm misremembering.

Alright, so he was specifically referring to Whis being in the 'lower realm' as 'lucky'? The reason I ask is because Whis is almost always shown on Beerus's Planet and I don't believe we were ever given a reason to think Whis goes to the Angel Realm frequently, he's almost always with Beerus and the only reason he went to the Angel Realm in the Moro Saga was over Merus.

With that in mind, if Goku thinks it's 'lucky' for Whis to be in the lower realm, Universe 7, then wouldn't that imply Beerus's Planet is actually a different realm? Because, again, Whis is on Beerus's Planet like 95% of the time and only goes to the Angel Realm for special circumstances (from what we have seen).

Gas did fly back from that 'realm' that Whis is in though. If it really is a subspace or something along those lines then that means Gas flew from another realm back to Universe 7 all the way to Cereal in about 20 minutes.
When? I do not remmeber this at all if you have a scan that’d be helpful

Beerus' Planet is suggested to be in a place where it can't just be found out in space

And the fact that Goku says its lucky that Whis is in the lower realm is outright confirmation that Beerus' World is a different realm

Beerus' Planet is suggested to be in a place where it can't just be found out in space

And the fact that Goku says its lucky that Whis is in the lower realm is outright confirmation that Beerus' World is a different realm
Define "realm" because as said before it doesn't nescesaraly means "dimension"

When? I do not remmeber this at all if you have a scan that’d be helpful
Post above yours but as the original text is establishing, that 'realm' refers to Universe 7 and Goku's reaction to Whis being in Universe 7 strongly implies Beerus's Planet is in its own space.

This is also backed up by Goku’s statement about Frieza not being able to get to Broly from there.
To be fair, it's entirely possible Goku thinks they're safe because Freeza doesn't know where the planet is. If I recall correctly it's stated to be on the other end of the universe from Earth, so Freeza would have to travel very very far to reach it given he started restoring his Empire from leaving Earth after the ToP. Freeza at his peak 'only' controlled 70% of Universe 7 about 25-30 years after taking the throne and I doubt he's back up there after just a couple of years of being back.

On the other hand I am completely convinced Freeza already knows where Broly is and is letting them think they're safe. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he shows up at the end of the SH adaptation and makes everything go to hell.

Post above yours but as the original text is establishing, that 'realm' refers to Universe 7 and Goku's reaction to Whis being in Universe 7 strongly implies Beerus's Planet is in its own space.

To be fair, it's entirely possible Goku thinks they're safe because Freeza doesn't know where the planet is. If I recall correctly it's stated to be on the other end of the universe from Earth, so Freeza would have to travel very very far to reach it given he started restoring his Empire from leaving Earth after the ToP. Freeza at his peak 'only' controlled 70% of Universe 7 about 25-30 years after taking the throne and I doubt he's back up there after just a couple of years of being back.

On the other hand I am completely convinced Freeza already knows where Broly is and is letting them think they're safe. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he shows up at the end of the SH adaptation and makes everything go to hell.
Gas never went to Beerus’s planet tho

Which isn't impossible since Namek is also deemed really really far from earth being in an entirely different section of the Universe if I recalled correctly. So I don't really think distance is a factor here rather inaccessibility.

Gas never went to Beerus’s planet tho
I never said he did. The current conclusion is:
  • Goku says he is 'lucky' that Whis was in 'this' realm (the lower realm, Universe 7, the living world)
  • Implying Whis normally isn't in Universe 7
  • When Whis is normally on Beerus's Planet and only goes to the Angel Realm rarely
  • Meaning Beerus's Planet is a separate realm from Universe 7
The post you were responding to is when I thought Goku was saying he and Gas warped to a different realm and Gas then physically flew back, but the scan shows they were just on another planet in Universe 7 and a translation shows 'realm' meant the 'lower realm' or Universe 7.

Which isn't impossible since Namek is also deemed really really far from earth being in an entirely different section of the Universe if I recalled correctly. So I don't really think distance is a factor here rather inaccessibility.
The issue isn't distance, the issue is knowledge. Freeza, at his peak, only controlled '70%' of Universe 7 with 30ish years to do so. He lost all of that and has to start from scratch, with his starting location being the borders of the North Quadrant (Earth) and Beerus's Planet supposedly being on the other end of the universe.

So logically speaking if Freeza is starting from zero in the North Quadrant he would be taking a long while establishing territory, rebuilding his army, spreading news of his revival, etc. We also know he was busy trying to recruit people and continuing his planet trade business (around the end of Broly to middle of Moro Saga).

With that in mind, Freeza left 30% of the universe untouched in his empire's prime and is now rebuilding it on the literal other end of the cosmos from where Beerus lives. If Beerus's Planet really is accessible from Universe 7, it's going to take Freeza a very long time before he makes his way there...unless he is actively seeking it out, which we have never been told and Goku has no reason to think.

In short, Freeza likely has/had no knowledge of where Beerus's Planet is even located or even the idea that Beerus lives within Universe 7 or that the Saiyans live with him and unless he is actively seeking it out, he would be too busy on the other end of the cosmos rebuilding his empire to stumble on it like with the Time Chamber.

To iterate I am not claiming Beerus's Planet doesn't exist within its own space (Possibly one connected to Universe 7 via a door like the Time Chambers), just that there are other ways to interpret Freeza being unable to attack them there.

I never said he did. The current conclusion is:
  • Goku says he is 'lucky' that Whis was in 'this' realm (the lower realm, Universe 7, the living world)
  • Implying Whis normally isn't in Universe 7
  • When Whis is normally on Beerus's Planet and only goes to the Angel Realm rarely
  • Meaning Beerus's Planet is a separate realm from Universe 7
The post you were responding to is when I thought Goku was saying he and Gas warped to a different realm and Gas then physically flew back, but the scan shows they were just on another planet in Universe 7 and a translation shows 'realm' meant the 'lower realm' or Universe 7.

The issue isn't distance, the issue is knowledge. Freeza, at his peak, only controlled '70%' of Universe 7 with 30ish years to do so. He lost all of that and has to start from scratch, with his starting location being the borders of the North Quadrant (Earth) and Beerus's Planet supposedly being on the other end of the universe.

So logically speaking if Freeza is starting from zero in the North Quadrant he would be taking a long while establishing territory, rebuilding his army, spreading news of his revival, etc. We also know he was busy trying to recruit people and continuing his planet trade business (around the end of Broly to middle of Moro Saga).

With that in mind, Freeza left 30% of the universe untouched in his empire's prime and is now rebuilding it on the literal other end of the cosmos from where Beerus lives. If Beerus's Planet really is accessible from Universe 7, it's going to take Freeza a very long time before he makes his way there...unless he is actively seeking it out, which we have never been told and Goku has no reason to think.

In short, Freeza likely has/had no knowledge of where Beerus's Planet is even located or even the idea that Beerus lives within Universe 7 or that the Saiyans live with him and unless he is actively seeking it out, he would be too busy on the other end of the cosmos rebuilding his empire to stumble on it like with the Time Chamber.

To iterate I am not claiming Beerus's Planet doesn't exist within its own space (Possibly one connected to Universe 7 via a door like the Time Chambers), just that there are other ways to interpret Freeza being unable to attack them there.
okay I thought you were implying gas flew from Beerus’s planet

also for the 70% thing? cant you argue its 70% of the planets with life since it makes no sense to take over lifeless planets and you can’t take over stars

wym? Gas just flew from a planet whis was on in 'that realm', he never flew from beerus planet

Another thing wherever Beerus' planet is, it has to far enough from earth that even King Kai's planet can't be used as a mid point to reach it as Goku uses KK's planet to go to and from Planet Namek when he's not already in deep space.

Beerus' planet is 26 minutes from King Kai's planet and 35 minutes away from Earth via Whis' warp speed.

Another thing wherever Beerus' planet is, it has to far enough from earth that even King Kai's planet can't be used as a mid point to reach it as Goku uses KK's planet to go to and from Planet Namek when he's not already in deep space.

Beerus' planet is 26 minutes from King Kai's planet and 35 minutes away from Earth via Whis' warp speed.
We can’t even use those measurements anymore since 2-C upgrade.

Whatever distance there is they’re crossing it can’t be measured as they’re traveling between spacetimes.

This is also backed up by Goku’s statement about Frieza not being able to get to Broly from there.

so we can infer 2 things

• Beerus planet is not in the lower realm (The Living World)
  • You can not reach it through conventional means of space travel.
or that since it is the planet where beerus is he would be too scared to go there in the first place

okay I thought you were implying gas flew from Beerus’s planet

also for the 70% thing? cant you argue its 70% of the planets with life since it makes no sense to take over lifeless planets and you can’t take over stars
Maybe but it's hard to say for sure. I prefer to just assume it's 70% of the known universe.

or that since it is the planet where beerus is he would be too scared to go there in the first place
I think at this point Freeza is not worried about a GoD
I'm going to find it utterly ridiculous if it turns out Beerus is still the top dog (or cat) of Universe 7. Freeza took 4 months to hit SSB-level, thought really hard for a year to be CSSB-level, then did god knows between the ToP and Broly to be able to fight Broly for over an hour while two CSSBs had to run and that crazy-ass prodigy then trained 10 years and utterly humiliated the Angel and GoD techniques (UI and UE) and now has had...what? Two years with a time chamber in his pocket? Where he could have easily trained decades more?

The entire concept that Freeza could still be afraid of facing Beerus at this point is utterly insane. The level of goalpost moving was beyond a joke already. This? This would just turn it into a whole circus act.

Seriously, if Freeza doesn't just...I don't know. Show up, kill Beerus, kick Whis out and banish the Saiyans? I'm going to feel annoyed. At least reveal he was somehow bullying GoDs in other universes or something, seriously.

The entire concept that Freeza could still be afraid of facing Beerus at this point is utterly insane. The level of goalpost moving was beyond a joke already. This? This would just turn it into a whole circus act.

Seriously, if Freeza doesn't just...I don't know. Show up, kill Beerus, kick Whis out and banish the Saiyans? I'm going to feel annoyed. At least reveal he was somehow bullying GoDs in other universes or something, seriously.
I heard a theory that he left the Saiyans live because he wants to hammer home the fact that he is evolutionarily above them. That their god training did not matter

Maybe but it's hard to say for sure. I prefer to just assume it's 70% of the known universe.

I'm going to find it utterly ridiculous if it turns out Beerus is still the top dog (or cat) of Universe 7. Freeza took 4 months to hit SSB-level, thought really hard for a year to be CSSB-level, then did god knows between the ToP and Broly to be able to fight Broly for over an hour while two CSSBs had to run and that crazy-ass prodigy then trained 10 years and utterly humiliated the Angel and GoD techniques (UI and UE) and now has had...what? Two years with a time chamber in his pocket? Where he could have easily trained decades more?

well, dbssh kind of implies that goku and vegeta are still trying to reached GoD level

Back