• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

well, dbssh kind of implies that goku and vegeta are still trying to reached GoD level
Heck no not with Whis stating Goku was entering the realm of angels with his mastery of Ultra Instinct and Vegeta learning Ultra Ego. They are well in the realm of beating Beerus

well, dbssh kind of implies that goku and vegeta are still trying to reached GoD level
Beerus is terrified of Broly who Goku and Vegeta have been doing training with so I don't think the current gap is as huge as it was before
Heck no not with Whis stating Goku was entering the realm of angels with his mastery of Ultra Instinct and Vegeta learning Ultra Ego. They are well in the realm of beating Beerus
Honestly GoDs are becoming the biggest retroactive characters in terms of power in DBS, everytime Goku and Vegeta get buffs it's revealed Beerus is still hiding more of his true power. At this point it's pretty evident BoG wasn't written with several future arcs in mind (a few at best imo), Beerus using an infinitesimal small fraction of his "true" power was impressed by SSG Goku doesn't exactly make too much sense narratively speaking (then again that infamous 6/7, 10 and 15 scale later got retconned plus Earth does indeed have tasty food) but I digress.

Also I would take any Beerus related reaction and statement (that isn't about a Zeno tier character) with a massive grain of salt, remember when the anime hyped up UI Goku being comparable or above Beerus?, only for Beerus to still be above Goku in the very next arc in the manga.

Also I completely forgot Gas was a canon character tbh.
I heard a theory that he left the Saiyans live because he wants to hammer home the fact that he is evolutionarily above them. That their god training did not matter
I mean Frieza does have busted AD, kinda funny if Frieza did maybe one or two days training, the Namek arc would've ended much differently lol!

Last edited:
Tbf the moving goalpost was most evident only really once in the anime (BoG)

The manga is bullshit tho

BoG then Vegito and then the ToP and now the ******* Granolah Saga

dbssh retcons this it seems, like, the Gods level are still things goku and vegeta want to reach

dbssh retcons this it seems, like, the Gods level are still things goku and vegeta want to reach
Tbf in the anime its fair game. Its entirely possible Beerus could've done training. He was only asleep for the past 4 months when its been 3 years since the Broly movie

And Goku and Vegeta's reasonably assumed peak transformation as of now is Super Saiyan Blue so its not like the need to train to keep up with Broly and the Gods is unwarranted

Its absolute bullshit in the manga tho. Toyotaro is a ******* hack

His first reaction to seeing Broly on his planet is fright, although its assuaged by reassurance from the Saiyans and Whis, Lemo's cooking, and Cheelai's... charm
i really don't remember this at all

Tbf in the anime its fair game. Its entirely possible Beerus could've done training. He was only asleep for the past 4 months when its been 3 years since the Broly movie

And Goku and Vegeta's reasonably assumed peak transformations rn are Super Saiyan Blue so its not like those statements were unwarranted

we litterally scale ssjB goku as above or relative ssjB gogeta, and then vegeta would surpass that by 20x with ssjBE, altho isn't beerus whole thing that he is incredibly lazy?

i really don't remember this at all
Have you even watched the movie? LOL
we litterally scale ssjB goku as above or relative ssjB gogeta, and then vegeta would surpass that by 20x with ssjBE, altho isn't beerus whole thing that he is incredibly lazy?
In the anime it seems as though they haven't used those forms since the ToP so it was decided their current peak is Super Saiyan Blue

I mean Frieza does have busted AD, kinda funny if Frieza did maybe one or two days training, the Namek arc would've ended much differently
Or this would happen when he go to Earth for kill Goku if he trained 5 minutes

FaZ1drmXkAEVDmP.png

No one is arguing against his feats. Its the fact that its a ******* moving goalpost that's stupid
It doesn't help the "villains" and antagonists became weaksauce after the introduction of Toppo (still funny how retcons were even done last minute during the production of the DBS anime where they clearly replace "the man under the cloak" with Toppo when it was clearly Jiren during the promos lol!) where moving the goalposts became especially incessant.

Honestly I just want DBS to stop dragging it's feet with these borderline filler opponents in U7 and actually explore the Multiverse; the U6 saiyans, the first time traveler, the universes that didn't participate in the ToP, etc so many concepts being wasted tbh (at least DBH/Xeno does give some of the currently unused concepts in canon a bit of limelight tho).
Don't get me wrong I agree with many of your grievancies but let's not resort to name calling plus we all know DBS isn't exactly a masterpiece in terms of storytelling or power-creep.

Have you even watched the movie? LOL
yeah i did, still don't remember all the details, so if you could kindly show to me i would really appreciate it

In the anime it seems as though they haven't used those forms since the ToP so it was decided their current peak is Super Saiyan Blue
vegeta not being able to use blue evolution has no basis, plus they would be above beerus via scaling above ssjB gogeta

Or this would happen when he go to Earth for kill Goku if he trained 5 minutes

FaZ1drmXkAEVDmP.png
Wasn't Mecha Frieza already more powerful than Namek Frieza? Sheesh it's kinda funny that Beerus is pretty lazy yet remains the kingpin yet if Frieza wasn't lazy he might've been kingpin sooner.

I half suspect Whis was fully aware of Frieza's potential from the beginning.

Wasn't Mecha Frieza already more powerful than Namek Frieza? Sheesh it's kinda funny that Beerus is pretty lazy yet remains the kingpin yet if Frieza wasn't lazy he might've been kingpin sooner.

I suspect both Beerus and Whis are since beating Frieza seems to be more impressive than nuking Majin Boo

Yeah but Frieza would think that Goku maybe got stronger even so adapting to his power would have been a better plan instead of going straight to earth.

Dragon Ball is not that bad.
I'm not saying it, it's actually super underrated story wise, it's just that Super hasn't had Toriyama's direct involvement and it shows. He wrote Broly, BoG, and Superhero, which were all great, and he helped with Moro, but Toyotaro has a trial by fire and Toei's writers were given two months to write a whole ass anime. Toei's strict scheduling never gave Super a chance to breathe

I agree on the basis that each universe is a space time (which is made clear with the statement in the broly novel and goku black statement) and each branching timeline makes the multiverse so if it was any other verse it’s fine

though since it’s db ima have to disagree because even though it’s correct its “wank” since it’s db and db can’t be tier 1 it’s impossible

Back