• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Koyama wouldn't be a relevant source, really.

Also, those would be dimensional travel feats, not a real speed feat. Even characters who dimensional travel on 'raw speed' STILL do not get anything but "Can travel Dimensionally on speed."

We also know that Whis' travel is specifically spatio-temporal warping, as he can travel to realms that require that.

Koyama wouldn't be a relevant source, really.

Also, those would be dimensional travel feats, not a real speed feat. Even characters who dimensional travel on 'raw speed' STILL do not get anything but "Can travel Dimensionally on speed."

We also know that Whis' travel is specifically spatio-temporal warping, as he can travel to realms that require that.
Koyama is one of the creators of Dragon Ball Z, his influence on Dragon Ball toei is quite relevant, he is just stating what the material original suggests nothing more and he is not contracting against work, his evidence about the infinite Universe serves to complement something that already exists within the work

Koyama shoudlnt be used for DBS (you cant win this fight) but its a cool thing if you want to make your point stronger

But ya, Koyamas insider knowledge when it comes to Toriyama/Toei >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> random weebo

Speed in Dragon Ball being infinite/immeasurable is possibly the most inconsistent thing in the verse (after the power levels deciding when to be linear and when not to be) so we've just agreed to not touch it.
I agree it's inconsistent, but wouldn't it be something like sonic's superforms? That they have a time limit but still have immeasurable speed?

I agree it's inconsistent, but wouldn't it be something like sonic's superforms? That they have a time limit but still have immeasurable speed?
They don't have a time limit, they just need rings in canon to sustain their power. Plus, the Super forms always last as long as they need to from a narrative perspective afaik

Yes, I remember that in archie comics there is a time limit on the super forms but in the games I don't know if there is.
Anyway, db has similar inconsistencies for infinite or immeasurable speed.
What does that have to do with Dragon Ball though?
How does the time limit relate to DBs inconsistencies?

Apparently Buu saga SS3 Goku has a feat calced in the gigafoe-terafoe range in Naruto forums off his energy reaching the kaio realm, can such a calc be done here as well? It might upgrade Buu saga to 4-A

Link the feat?
Might need account to view all relevant links and images, it’s under the buu saga section of feats.

Wouldn’t that imply it at least extended over a distance the size of the living universe? The only other times we see energy reaching the realm it’s shown that’s the case Beerus vs SSG
To go to the Kaioshin realm, the energy would have to pass through the entire Universe and the world of the dead, so I think it reached such magnitude

Since I have time, I'm fixing some things wrong on zamasu's profile

Would a character flying to different universes be infinite speed?
According to our Speed page:

"Speed isn't defined by any number of spatial dimensions but simply distance over time. Meaning that it is possible for 1-dimensional characters to be faster than those who cover many dimensions. And the distance between two timelines is defined as the 5th dimension (Or a 4th spatial dimension) that separates two or more universes. Said distance is often unknown as it could be anywhere between much smaller than the Universal radius and infinite. But such details are only known to those who can travel through additional spatial dimensions. For that reason, crossing Universes is unquantifiable for speed unless details are specifically stated."

There are characters who are recorded on TV cameras
Average Hasty W

What if Disney adapted Dragon ball ?
9281668-img_20240224_232329.jpg

New Chichi crt dropped

Back