• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Shrug. I'll drop the point and take the L, but you're not changing my mind on that. It's still a feat people could downplay dragon ball with, which was my entire point.

I'm mostly dropping this because for the most part, I don't actually disagree with you outside of the weight of those statements, and we both have way better things we could talk about.

Toyotaro's artwork is fine. My only critique about it in regards to how it compares with Toriyama's art style is that the characters also do feel less powerful in Toyotaro's art style. Toriyama drew things in a way that made you actually feel like the characters in combat were incomprehensible, legendary warriors. Toyotaro just doesn't bring that same thing with his art. I think one part of it is that Toyotaro hardly makes the characters fly. Most fights take place on the ground in his art, which somewhat takes away from what makes them feel above human powers.

Also does it really at this point if Beerus told Vegeta that he let Frieza destroy Planet Vegeta? Because at this point it just seems redundant since Vegeta IMO has gotten past that point and is content with just being with his family and protecting them.
Also IDK if the Beerus thing is even true or not since earlier in the story he said he only suggested to Frieza that he should destroy the Saiyans which Frieza did anyway on his own terms

Yes, I think it'd be better if we changed the topic. Honestly, outside of this planet lvl blunder, I actually thought the chapter was really good. It helped me take my mind off that HORRENDOUS Boruto chapter lol.

I'm really loving Granolah as a character so far, and the new Namekian lore is interesting as well. Plus this Beerus/Vegeta plotline is fascinating, and could lead to very interesting things in the future.

People are forgetting that the anime had Freeza boasting that he could destroy the planet as a feat of strenght against Toppo, sure he got stomped but the point is the same that characters were boasting planet level strenght, not everything is Toyo's fault

Yeeeeeah, he just isn't nearly as good as Toriyama at making the characters feel powerful.

And I don't mind him having mostly ground bound fights, I've wanted more of those after Z, but Toyotaro doesn't have the same impact with his fights as Toriyama did. He has some good shots, but not as much as Toriyama did.

Also yeah, everything else about the chapter I really did like a lot.

I thought about that a bit too. I mean, Vegeta doesn't care about the old Saiyan race, because of how evil they were. But I feel like it still makes since for him to be pissed off at the one who caused it's destruction, even if Beerus wasn't the direct cause.

About that though, I remember it being said that Beerus straight up ordered Frieza to do it, but I might be remembering it wrong.

People are forgetting that the anime had Freeza boasting that he could destroy the planet as a feat of strenght against Toppo, sure he got stomped but the point is the same that characters were boasting planet level strenght, not everything is Toyo's fault
A character who's job is planet related mentioning planets isn't a big deal compared to everyone in a scene treating planet busting as a big deal.

Also does it really at this point if Beerus told Vegeta that he let Frieza destroy Planet Vegeta? Because at this point it just seems redundant since Vegeta IMO has gotten past that point and is content with just being with his family and protecting them.
Also IDK if the Beerus thing is even true or not since earlier in the story he said he only suggested to Frieza that he should destroy the Saiyans which Frieza did anyway on his own terms
Yeah, Freeza was going to destroy Planet Vegeta for his own reasons regardless of Beerus' wishes, but Beerus doesn't really know that, so he probably feels partially responsible.

And yes, Vegeta doesn't really care anymore. If he really cared about his planet or the saiyans, he would've revived them already.

It "not being the world we got" is irrelevant to the point, which is criticism of Toyotaro. I guess criticism on any series is irrelevant and unnecessary because the series was different from what we got. Not really, no one seemed particularly impressed by the shockwave itself. The closest thing being Beerus saying that he fights in a godlike way, which wasn't relevant to his power in specific anyways. It was a cool feat that looked strong for the sake of looking strong, unlike this feat where they're straight up saying that Goku and Vegeta are still struggling with planetary somehow.
now where this head canon come from

Frieza was literally clapped so hard by Toppo that he was bordering on a psychotic breakdown, meanwhile Toppo regarded the attack as literally irrelevant. It's not the same.

Also, so it's not just me criticizing Toyotaro, I should mention that the rest of the chapter was good. Granolah's situation is intriguing, and I really liked the new Namekian stuff. I'm very glad they didn't just disregard the Namekians, and have made them relevant both in the Moro arc and even now. I'm also interested in how the new dragon will respond to his wish. I imagine it'll either say the wish is beyoind its power, or will guide him to something that will fulfill his wish.

I think there's been multiple ways that order has been told, though I'd need to pour through the various beginnings of Super.

Like, obviously Vegeta still CARES and I can imagine that souring their relationship a bit for a while, but honestly they could go in a lot of directions with that. All I know is that I don't really mind what they're doing with Vegeta so far.

Also yeah, I'm liking the new namekian lore so far. Also it's nice to see another Dragon with a different dragon ball count, that was kind of neat. Wonder what's going to happen with Granolah's wish, cause there's no way that it's going to end up being granted.

Also I'm liking the Heeters, too, so far. They seem neat.

I get the feeling that Namekian's will have some extremely important role in a future arc, maybe even being the entire focus of the arc. At this point, they're easily the third most important race next to Saiyan's and humans.

Goku and Vegeta were shocked by Beerus destroying a planet easily, Vegeta even saying "How do I acquire such power?!". That's literally what happens in the chapter.
i don't even see it like just Vegeta being impressed by the technique
folks taking some small ass shit too seriously where goku literally created a planetary shockwave in the last arc and even before created shaking the universe in BOG

I hope the Namekians get an extremely important role in a future arc too. They actually have some threads to use, given how they made the dragon balls from Super Shenron's, the Namekian Book of Legends, there possibly being other Namekians on other planets still, having particularly potent life force...

They could do more with them, they've set some seeds down. Whether those grow into plants, we don't know, but I'm hoping they do.

i don't even see it like just Vegeta being impressed by the technique
folks taking some small ass shit too seriously where goku literally created a planetary shockwave in the last arc and even before created shaking the universe in BOG
There's no special technique there. Beerus' lesson was "lol just destroy stuff" and Vegeta got an erection at the power he displayed, which was blowing up a planet.

What are you even talking about at this point.

Also, not very useful or big information, but we learned that the average life span of a Namekian is probably a few hundred years, but that 500 is considered fairly old for a Namekian. This gives some insight on how old Kami and Guru may have been.

There's no special technique there. Beerus' lesson was "lol just destroy stuff" and Vegeta got an erection at the power he displayed, which was blowing up a planet.

What are you even talking about at this point.
dudes it not big deal
it just him being impressed on how he destroyed shit
even so it not a big deal you guys are taking something thats not even a big deal

Just for design purposes. Toriyama probably felt that him being particularly large was something that aided his design. Doubt there was any actual reason behind it at all.

dudes it not big deal
it just him being impressed on how he destroyed shit
even so it not a big deal you guys are taking something thats not even a big deal
It's called criticism.

It's Vegeta, who was planet level decades ago both irl and in-universe, being impressed by a planetary attack, which is extreme inconsistency.

Your entire point is just "it doesnt matter so stop talking about it", but there's a lot of reason and worth in critiquing series, as long as the criticism is actually constructive, which it is in this case. It's completely nonsensical and idiotic to have Vegeta get shocked by a planet level attack. To point that out is constructive criticism.

It's called criticism.

It's Vegeta, who was planet level decades ago both irl and in-universe, being impressed by a planetary attack, which is extreme inconsistency.

Your entire point is just "it doesnt matter so stop talking about it", but there's a lot of reason and worth in critiquing series, as long as the criticism is actually constructive, which it is in this case. It's completely nonsensical and idiotic to have Vegeta get shocked by a planet level attack. To point that out is constructive criticism.
It's the energy potency, not the actual AoE of the attack, that they're ******** their pants for.

Remember nappa when he could easily destroy a city, but piccolo was ******** himself when nappa did that same move, except targeted at the ground creating a deep hole? It's probably the potency and the control of such potency that makes these characters go "wowsers."

shit it ain't even new Kid Buu made a blast so strong neither Goku or Vegeta could deflect despite before vegeta casually deflecting an a planet busting blast from buu moments

That's your personal headcanon, which directly goes against the implications Beerus made.

Literally a completely different scenario from this entirely.

Again, completely different.

I mean Beerus destroying a planet with a ki blast isn't really as visually impressive as him destroying a planet by just sneezing, that was pretty impressive IMO. Honestly I don't think the issue is Beerus destroying a planet and them being shocked, I think it's how underwhelming it was in comparison to Beerus' other feats

No, it's definitely how shocked they are. Yeah it's underwhelming in comparison to everything else Beerus has done, but two characters who we know can destroy the planet many times over for a while now being shocked by it is ridiculous.

That's your personal headcanon, which directly goes against the implications Beerus made.

Literally a completely different scenario from this entirely.

Again, completely different.
and its your head canon about them ******** themselves over beerus nuking a planet instead of the power and technique behind it
again its small shit at this point thats not even worth taking seriously

No I get that point, it is pretty stupid and is very fodder in comparison to beings who in the manga should vastly be above Goku and Beerus' universe destroying feat. I just think how Beerus destroyed the planet is nothing compared to just sneezing it away

No. The difference between the feats you mentioned and this is that we not only have no reason to assume it was because of Ki control and skill, but have more than enough reason to assume they were shocked by him destroying a planet.

Technique? He shot a blast from his finger. There was nothing special.

If it was the power, it’s PLANET BUSTING POWER that they’re surprised at. Your point destroys itself.

Technique? He shot a blast from his finger. There was nothing special.

If it was the power, it’s PLANET BUSTING POWER that they’re surprised at. Your point destroys itself.
Vegeta was literally "Was that the Technique"
seriously I'm convinced folks like to bitch over stupid shit in this fandom this is not even shit worth arguing about

Rather than trying to make note of anything actually relevant, Beerus is clearly smirking at how he destroyed a planet, which is the thing everyone comments on, not him showing off anything else. Vegeta asking him how to get that strong is followed by Beerus saying that he focuses on destruction and nothing else. This is all symbolic for why Planet Vegeta was destroyed, this lesson being what followed after it. The point is that, for Vegeta to attain power to effortlessly obliterate worlds, he needs to become like Beerus. A being that focuses purely on destruction and nothing else. I actually kind of like what Toyotaro is going for, but the planet level bullshit is my problem.

Is it just me or did I notice Beerus using Hakai on Vegeta but only specfically targeting his armor? That's real interesting, because if it's true then it means Beerus can control what Hakai destroys

Vegeta was literally "Was that the Technique"
seriously I'm convinced folks like to bitch over stupid shit in this fandom this is not even shit worth arguing about
You literally missed the entire point of everything Beerus did and said but are insulting us now. 🤡

Back