• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

There are two type of skill, one is card skills which you can find on the card, one is game skill which character pull out in story battle only, such as Dimensional Domain
Yes I know, that's why I was facing this Goku.

So he can show me his skills and I can take a screenshot.

And try to win, but I lost.

I genuinely forgot how utterly broken and unfair SDBH is, I understand that the point of Heroes is to have a good card build where it can hit hard and resist some of the hard hitting abilities.......but Dimensional Domain is so unbelievably bullshit and completely bonked that it makes World Mission an absolutely unfun time to go through.

I vividly recall using an exploit by repeating an easy custom made mission which would grant me gold tickets, allowing me to farm for and obtain the strongest cards in the game, but was never able to get past the final Sealas fight due to a combination of DD and an ultimate attack that I swear to god negates any attempt of softening damage.

So all in all, DD knocks down the fun of the game super hard and Sealas can go **** himself with his final boss BS.

I genuinely forgot how utterly broken and unfair SDBH is, I understand that the point of Heroes is to have a good card build where it can hit hard and resist some of the hard hitting abilities.......but Dimensional Domain is so unbelievably bullshit and completely bonked that it makes World Mission an absolutely unfun time to go through.

I vividly recall using an exploit by repeating an easy custom made mission which would grant me gold tickets, allowing me to farm for and obtain the strongest cards in the game, but was never able to get past the final Sealas fight due to a combination of DD and an ultimate attack that I swear to god negates any attempt of softening damage.

So all in all, DD knocks down the fun of the game super hard and Sealas can go **** himself with his final boss BS.
Honestly, I think the thing that sucks the most in this game is the IC.

Bosses almost always hit the limit from perfect to perfect.

Even if you have good cards and good combinations, if you don't get it right, you lose.

For example, this SSJ4 Goku I was facing, he had DD and other crazy things, but if I had hit one or two more ICs, I would have won.

If the bosses' ICs weren't so ridiculously perfect, the game would be a little fairer. Because it practically depends on luck.

Unless you focus your entire build on reducing IC, and even then some bosses can negate this.

Honestly, I think the thing that sucks the most in this game is the IC.

Bosses almost always hit the limit from perfect to perfect.

Even if you have good cards and good combinations, if you don't get it right, you lose.

For example, this SSJ4 Goku I was facing, he had DD and other crazy things, but if I had hit one or two more ICs, I would have won.

If the bosses' ICs weren't so ridiculously perfect, the game would be a little fairer. Because it practically depends on luck.

Unless you focus your entire build on reducing IC, and even then some bosses can negate this.
YES! EXACTLY MY GUY!

Early on into my playthrough World Mission and getting the taste of how utterly broken the CI gauge is, on top of the bosses' ability to near effortlessly break your stamina so you can't block damage and even TAKE more damage, I decided that I had to create builds which struck a balance between quelling the speed of CI based abilities and maintaining my stamina while still being able to do good damage. But did DD care about all that? **** no, it kept easily beating me and going at speeds so utterly fast that it makes light look like a snail by comparison.

I don't mind a game when it's challenging, because World Mission can be fun with the kind of card decks you can make, but there's a major difference between being challenging and artificially impossible.

Hm, so the argument is that ki is stated to be a fundamental energy; humans are comprised of, and that it reflects off of the heart. It also being comprised of genki which is in all living things inanimate objects. Also, Toriyama stating ki as a concept includes genki, yuko, shoki.
iirc, God of War and God of High school have similar arguments, you should give this a read and see if there are any parallels

YES! EXACTLY MY GUY!

Early on into my playthrough World Mission and getting the taste of how utterly broken the CI gauge is, on top of the bosses' ability to near effortlessly break your stamina so you can't block damage and even TAKE more damage, I decided that I had to create builds which struck a balance between quelling the speed of CI based abilities and maintaining my stamina while still being able to do good damage. But did DD care about all that? **** no, it kept easily beating me and going at speeds so utterly fast that it makes light look like a snail by comparison.

I don't mind a game when it's challenging, because World Mission can be fun with the kind of card decks you can make, but there's a major difference between being challenging and artificially impossible.
If the bosses' CI were more balanced, more than half of my complaints with the game would be fixed.

I don't mind for a moment stopping playing with the cards I like to farm or face bosses, since it's a card game with a focus on builds, but the CI level of the bosses is so absurd that in addition to a team very specific that you have to have it, you have to be very lucky.

And relying on luck is annoying when it's a game where the matches are slow (choosing the team, module, using the module, passing each round, discarding the module, going back to the menu and returning to the level). It just gets annoying, especially when there is no 2x option for animations (like dokkan)

iirc, God of War and God of High school have similar arguments, you should give this a read and see if there are any parallels

I’ll probably ask a friend of mine if they think ki could qualify, and if not what more it’d need. Although, the fundamental energy statement coming from the anime might make people a bit nitpicky, but atleast DBH would be fine if it qualified.

I’ll probably ask a friend of mine if they think ki could qualify, and if not what more it’d need. Although, the fundamental energy statement coming from the anime might make people a bit nitpicky, but atleast DBH would be fine if it qualified.
energy can be such a context-dependent term, I can't see how it could be used as some sort of anti-feat

People like to default that any energy is physical, honestly. I saw some pep off-site "debunk" Time Power have CM by saying it is energy
you can go so far with that logic debunking so much if that's the route you want to take, or, you can have reading comprehension and realise energy doesn't have to refer to the physics definition or understand different verses have energies that aren't based on the physical.

Yeah, even without going to into abstract territory, we have multiple verses with famous term magical energy or spiritual energy, which never is physical in any mean. Sometime i just surprise at how desparate people are when they don't want something

energy can be such a context-dependent term, I can't see how it could be used as some sort of anti-feat
I didn’t mean it like that I meant the statement of it being fundamental is from the anime and I’m not aware of it being in the manga, so that could be a minor nitpick if we wanted to do this for canon. Although, toeiverse and dbh would probably be okay.

I didn’t mean it like that I meant the statement of it being fundamental is from the anime and I’m not aware of it being in the manga, so that could be a minor nitpick if we wanted to do this for canon. Although, toeiverse and dbh would probably be okay.
ahh my bad

so we composite cosmology, but to what extent are things cross scalable?

Ki is universal system which the entire DB verse based on, i can understand if it is game only thing, but i don't think you can apply that logic to anime and manga situation

Ki is universal system which the entire DB verse based on, i can understand if it is game only thing, but i don't think you can apply that logic to anime and manga situation
i mean yeah, but would it be the same between different universes by default tho? one must think of this kind of stuff when trying anything scaling between them, they are still different universes/continuities after all, even if they do share a multiverse

i mean yeah, but would it be the same between different universes by default tho? one must think of this kind of stuff when trying anything scaling between them, they are still different universes/continuities after all, even if they do share a multiverse
does Future Trunk's Ki function differently than Goku's?

Back