• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

That'd actually be pretty cool to see, you know alongside getting to see a God of Destruction fight seriously for once. Like excluding the manga for a sec, the last a GoD fight in a legitmate fight was Goku vs Beerus and I guess their rematch

It's a shame none of Heroes' Super Unit Attacks involve the Gods of Destruction, those tend to be pretty wild. That's probably the only chance we'd have of getting something like that anytime soon, given how uninterested the manga seems to be in letting the GoDs do wild stuff.

And people wonder why I like Heroes.
But for real though, I really want to see the Gods of Destruction at least be in a serious fight or battle something whatsoever instead of doing nothing. And I understand that in Dragon Ball Gods of Destruction destroy in the name of balance and don't normally interfere with mortal affairs, but it's like we haven't seen any serious action since Goku vs Beerus and Heroes has shown that each of the GoDs can have interesting techniques and ways of fighting so why not show them?

It's a shame none of Heroes' Super Unit Attacks involve the Gods of Destruction, those tend to be pretty wild. That's probably the only chance we'd have of getting something like that anytime soon, given how uninterested the manga seems to be in letting the GoDs do wild stuff.
I literaly never manage to pull any super unit attacks in World Mission, it's so annoying XD

the last a GoD fight in a legitmate fight was Goku vs Beerus
no... that was beerus still fighting an ant. So it isn’t a legitimate fight.

We have seen GoDs fight for real in 2 occasions in the manga. Beerus vs Champa, and the GoD battle royal, which were lack luster in my opinion.

Again I'm well aware that such events happened in the manga, I'm specifying that there needs to be a legitmate fight in the anime. Also yes Beerus was massively holding back against Goku but it was the last time we saw him fight someone in the anime regardless of it was serious or not and I think most here would appreciate some more fights with him or other GoDs

03AtZTa.jpg

People, I have a question: Should Good Buu keep resistance to Mind Manip? He has not evil inside him anymore, so Babidi wouldn't be able to control him anyway, but Buu is still Buu, you know, I don't think it was his evil side that gave him the resistance.

People, I have a question: Should Good Buu keep resistance to Mind Manip? He has not evil inside him anymore, so Babidi wouldn't be able to control him anyway, but Buu is still Buu, you know, I don't think it was his evil side that gave him the resistance.
Babidi couldn't control Kid Buu either really so he really should keep it. Also Good Buu is still capable of being petty and selfish, which is more than enough for stuff that work on 'evil' to work on you in DB.

Also Babidi's mind control really being limited by evil was always iffy to me, sure Goku resist cause he's pure hearted and same for Gohan but being pure hearted usualy come with resisting corruption, which mind control is a form of. Hell, Superman has something like that a few time too. That's just how themes work.

Speaking of evil stuff, remember when Spike here in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 beated Frieza and King Cold by targeting the evil in their heart? I wonder if he could theoretically beat even stronger villains by targeting the evil in their hearts.
DevilMan.Ep.73.png

Speaking of evil stuff, remember when Spike here in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 beated Frieza and King Cold by targeting the evil in their heart? I wonder if he could theoretically beat even stronger villains by targeting the evil in their hearts.
DevilMan.Ep.73.png
Nah cause they regen.

Also Freezer and his dad dying for their heart exploding is doubtful given how unkillable Freezer is.

Unless the Devilmite beam is more of a death hax than 'literaly make your heart explode'.

@Dragomer no he doesn't make their hearts explode, it's more like death hax where he specfically targets the evil inside their hearts and souls and it causes them to die unless you have a pure heart like Goku did when he fought against Spike

I remember being stated that the evil inside you grows and you explode, and so is written in this english translation, but I guess the original one should be checked.
But videogames also portray the effect in that way, not only Budokai but also a GBA beat 'em up game where Crillin used to explode when hit by the beam.

@Dragomer no he doesn't make their hearts explode, it's more like death hax where he specfically targets the evil inside their hearts and souls and it causes them to die unless you have a pure heart like Goku did when he fought against Spike
I mean, it could be that if we don't take the whole line about 'Make the evil in your heart grow and explode' literaly but we don't really have anything decisive either way in canon.

Though given how it work on Freezer, it's probably a death hax in the video game (or they forgot how durable Freezer is)

Most likely it's death hax, and isn't actually just making your heart explode. The way it was described in canon does not directly imply that it causes the heart to explode, at best that's just an interpretation of the explanation, and it was more so treated as blatant death hax that doesn't care about durability in any way, which is how the game's mentioned seemed to take it.

Budokai Tenkaichi 3's portrayal of the Devilmite Beam is actually pretty interesting, because it takes the morality of its target into account when dealing damage. "Good" characters take less damage from the attack than "Evil" characters, "Pure Evil" characters (eg King Piccolo, Evil Buu, Super Janemba) usually take enough damage to one-shot them, and "Pure Good" characters (eg Goku, Arale) are completely unharmed. It also takes transformations into account (eg Goku's Super Saiyan forms take a little damage from the attack because he stops being pure-hearted, Roshi's buff form takes slightly less damage than his base form because he is suppressing his desires) and morality-based items will increase or decrease the damage accordingly.

(The move automatically one-shots during Devilman's level because the game applies a hidden item that causes attacks to deal an automatic 99,999 damage, which it does when an attack is supposed to canonically kill the target. This usually happens during the final cutscene of a level when the player finishes off the enemy (Piccolo hitting Raditz with the Special Beam Cannon, Goku hitting Frieza with the Angry Kamehameha, Gohan hitting Cell with the Father-Son Kamehameha, etc.) to ensure that the target actually dies from the attack. If you just fire the Devilmite Beam at the enemies normally during the level, it'll only take off a couple health bars - still enough to pretty much kill them in a normal battle, but only around 1/3 of their health in that level.)

DevilMan.Ep.73.png

Budokai Tenkaichi 3's portrayal of the Devilmite Beam is actually pretty interesting, because it takes the morality of its target into account when dealing damage. "Good" characters take less damage from the attack than "Evil" characters, "Pure Evil" characters (eg King Piccolo, Evil Buu, Super Janemba) usually take enough damage to one-shot them, and "Pure Good" characters (eg Goku, Arale) are completely unharmed. It also takes transformations into account (eg Goku's Super Saiyan forms take a little damage from the attack because he stops being pure-hearted, Roshi's buff form takes slightly less damage than his base form because he is suppressing his desires) and morality-based items will increase or decrease the damage accordingly.

(The move automatically one-shots during Devilman's level because the game applies a hidden item that causes attacks to deal an automatic 99,999 damage, which it does when an attack is supposed to canonically kill the target. This usually happens during the final cutscene of a level when the player finishes off the enemy (Piccolo hitting Raditz with the Special Beam Cannon, Goku hitting Frieza with the Angry Kamehameha, Gohan hitting Cell with the Father-Son Kamehameha, etc.) to ensure that the target actually dies from the attack. If you just fire the Devilmite Beam at the enemies normally during the level, it'll only take off a couple health bars - still enough to pretty much kill them in a normal battle, but only around 1/3 of their health in that level.)
It should be noted the Devilmite Beam takes Based Defense/Characters size into account when dealing damage, hence some evil characters or forms of evil characters tasking less damage than others despite being just as evil.

How did the Devilmite beam work with Super Armor again? I vaguely remember giant characters and Broly could basicaly punch you through it.

Got reduce damage, hence why I said base defense, the bigger characters took less damage from the attack

Oh boy, looks like someone else might want to try for Immeasurable DBH.

I wonder how speed standards are going to change this time.

Greenshifter said they wanted to make a thread on it in the future, in that one DBH/DBS minor changes thread removing time stop resistance from Gogeta and Vegetto.

Back