• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Buu being an immediate threat to the entier universe is repeated so many times
He is a universal threat. Yet, it doesn't say anything about his power. Freeza and Cell were universal threats too. Being a universal threat =/= being multi-galaxy level.

Genkidama he was holding back had power from the entier univers
Doesn't mean universal attack potency. And the statement is misleading. The power mainly came from Earth and other people in the afterlife.

And that's not how outliers work, outliers are feats that stand significantly far apart from other feats, either from being too high or too low.
Buu doesn't have any anti-feats or statements, there is nothing to contradict this scaling at all.
And this is that case. There is nothing in the whole manga that comes close to this level of power. And a vague statement from a forgetful author dozens of years later isn't gonna cut it.

And honestly, the more I look at it, the more the statement isn't really vague at all and I feel like you are just trying to make it seem vague. Insinuating that the Old Kai statement just meant that Buu was more "bad" than Beerus, instead of both more "bad" and "stronger" than Beerus is frankly weird because you are ignoring the conjunction in the sentence.
I am also not a 100% sure on that translation because this thing has been out for ages and was brought up before too. And I distinctly remember the translation being vague where strength wasn't mentioned, just the evilness. Might be best to check the other translations before I argue this point any further.

6.jpg

On the topic of Buu and Beerus, this translation states that Beerus was almost as terrible as Buu was but I don't think it refers to Buu being stronger then Beerus but rather that he was much more destructive then Beerus

He is a universal threat. Yet, it doesn't say anything about his power. Freeza and Cell were universal threats too. Being a universal threat =/= being multi-galaxy level.
Keyword : Immediate. It's really ironic that you talked about reachING and then tell me 'ackstually, Goku mean Buu would destroy one atom of matter of the univers every 193794748967556 Tetradecillion eons when he said Buu would make the univers go poof' with a straight face.

Doesn't mean universal attack potency.
Every other instance of the genkidama say otherwise.

And the statement is misleading.
It's not, it's just the direct canon truth said by both the manga and the DBS anime.

The power mainly came from Earth and other people in the afterlife.
The manga and anime say otherwise. Also the after life in total is bigger than the univers so most of the power coming from there or not changes nothing.
this translation states that Beerus was almost as terrible as Buu was
This translation is wrong, pretty much every translator I'v seen confirmed that the one posted above is the accurate one. The only way 'terrible' would make sense as a translation would be to mix the 'strong' and 'bad' part of the statement and express it with one word, which once again reinforce that 'not as much' is supposed to be about both (which is honestly self-evident given how the sentence is written.)

Why would it upgrade them, though? Cell's barely a Solar System buster and I'm not sure if there's any impressive Buu statements in the manga that the daizenshuu would help beef up, especially if it could be argued that it's only the anime.
It's because the Solar Systems are the size of nebulae with innumerable amount of stars

It's because the Solar Systems are the size of nebulae with innumerable amount of stars
... That's just a huge wtf. Solar systems aren't that big, there literally isn't a single one like that in our universe, and the closest to this in Dragon Ball is Namek's having 3 stars instead of 1. The solar system Cell was going to destroy was the one with Earth, which objectively isn't this big.

On the topic of Buu and Beerus, this translation states that Beerus was almost as terrible as Buu was but I don't think it refers to Buu being stronger then Beerus but rather that he was much more destructive then Beerus
Thanks for clarifying that with the scan. I was iffy on that first one.

Herms on twitter broke the whole thing whether old kai was referring to being bad or being stronger. I can link it to people who hasn't seen it

Hey i think Cumber should have resistance to Corruption because he mostly covered himself with his aura and his aura could corrupt anyone who touch it

... I don't think "my own passive ability based on others touching me doesn't affect me" should really count as a resistance.

I can see the point of view, but wasn't said logic used to give EE resistance to GoD because of their Aura around themselves before?

I remember that being because they're able to fight each other with that aura. But who knows, maybe I'm misremembering. I probably am.

Unless it is explicitly stated that their lack of energy or something allows them to be susceptible to their own power, then no, it is not assumed that their power is affecting them whatsoever.

We see Champa and Beerus's energy not affecting each other while erasing the room around them in the anime, it's pretty clear EE doesn't affect them even if we accept the asanine nonsense that is not scaling EE resistance.

here's the breakdown of each japanese character he laid out. all up to all of you on how you wanna interpret that Old kai statement

I don’t think we needed Herms to clarify that it was talking about “bad” and not “powerful”. Pretty obvious when you conscider how tame beerus is next to buu.

I mean, theoretically Beerus could've been weaker than Buu in the past, but got stronger in the 75 million years, considering how up to interpretation that image is.

I don’t think we needed Herms to clarify that it was talking about “bad” and not “powerful”. Pretty obvious when you conscider how tame beerus is next to buu.
Except he does the opposite?

He literally says that the translation, "Also, in Japanese this person is described as strong (強くて) and bad (悪い). Viz parses strong as “terrible”, while the Funi subs do that for “strong”. As if this weren’t confusing enough as is."

Confirming that both are said in the sentence, which confirms the translation I showed was the correct one, not Viz's.

Herms then makes the assumption that the person being revealed to be Beerus means that it has to be about badness alone, but there is no proof of that, that's his headcanon.

And like I mentioned previously, understanding basic sentence structure, it's clear that Old Kai was talking about both strength and evilness, the latter is obvious as you mentioned, but the former is telling as well.

Honestly that is also retconned by the fact when he made that statement in Z he stated the one who sealed him was afraid of his "dormant" ability which obviously was showcased in Z. We all know that not accurate given DBS happened and beerus own prophecy was that of SSG, even with that old kai was obviously ******** himself when he found out beerus awoke from his sleep.

Honestly that is also retconned by the fact when he made that statement in Z he stated the one who sealed him was afraid of his "dormant" ability which obviously was showcased in Z. We all know that not accurate given DBS happened and beerus own prophecy was that of SSG, even with that old kai was obviously ******** himself when he found out beerus awoke from his sleep.
It's really not retconned, even in the original manga, it was portrayed as a joke when he talked about his dormant ability and was just him bragging and being full of air.

It's really not retconned, even in the original manga, it was portrayed as a joke when he talked about his dormant ability and was just him bragging and being full of air.
it was never a joke in DBZ though... Why? because beerus never existed back then. So its pointless to even say thats a joke when old kai was very serious on that statement.

it was never a joke in DBZ though... Why? because beerus never existed back then. So its pointless to even say thats a joke when old kai was very serious on that statement.
It very much of a joke in DBZ, I have no idea how you looked at Old Kai bragging about his ability and the character's reaction to him and thought it was serious.

Finally a the official color panel for the ui sign we are useing for gokus profile for the manga version is out

Also vegeta shows up and we get a better image to use for ssj blue evolution Vegeta on his manga profile as well

Why's that? I mean I can't really argue against it because UI Omen's design isn't really visually interesting IMO but I think it more so looks average
It look like Goku suddenly got dipped in vaseline and is now made of rubber, it's just awful and clash with every other character on panel.

I know Toyotaro is desperate to still copy the anime after he ****** up his TOP arc but that was no reason to try and copy the worst part of the anime's art style and graft them on UI when even the anime didn't do that.

Back