• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Bruh I just realized what we need.

We have so many Shoenen jump fighting crossovers, but what about a rhythm game crossover. Imagine the potential soundtracks and visuals.

Whoa isn't the dragon ball fanbase worse than the Naruto fanbase. I came here to share my prediction and I receive nothing more than insults. Even in the DBReddit community. Is the DB community made of children? Smh
You really felt insulted cause we thought your prediction was dumb? Sheesh. Get tougher skin. It’s no big deal.

You really felt insulted cause we thought your prediction was dumb? Sheesh. Get tougher skin. It’s no big deal.
I have this “why me” and “every time I comment on a DBZ fanbase my opinion” mentally. It hasn't been the nicest experience, unlike other fanbases. Happens everytime. Maybe I am posting stupid stuff. I shouldn't have to bother speaking, nevermind me then.

@Dragomer ever heard of Young Jijii? He wrote his own version of Dragon Ball AF, which IMO is better then Toyotaro's AF, but the manga I've been reading is called Dragon Ball After. The basic premise behind the story is that while training with Uub after the Buu Saga, Uub accidentally lands a very strong blow to Goku's head which causes him to regain his Saiyan memories and animosity and so the Z warriors must now attempt to bring back Goku's memories before Kakarot kills them all
Sound pretty fun.

Yeah, there's another one he created called Dragon Ball Vs which is basically what if fights (generally split between 3 chapters each) that are so far:
Goku Black vs GT Goku
Ultra Instinct Goku vs Android 21
And, the one going on at the moment, Z Broly vs Super Broly which is also becoming Z Broly vs GT characters

Yeah, there's another one he created called Dragon Ball Vs which is basically what if fights (generally split between 3 chapters each) that are so far:
Goku Black vs GT Goku
And, the one going on at the moment, Z Broly vs Super Broly which is also becoming Z Broly vs GT characters
I didn't know he was still doing stuff TBH.

Me neither, the updates are slow but as long as the chapters are quality I'm okay with it. Though Young Jijii is pretty consistent with remaining faithful to the art style of the OG DB manga as well

Me neither, the updates are slow but as long as the chapters are quality I'm okay with it. Though Young Jijii is pretty consistent with remaining faithful to the art style of the OG DB manga as well
All the stuff I can find from him hasn't been updated in like a year or two, he tend to change projects a lot it seems.

I just checked the DB After and DBVS things and they are pretty good, DBVS get super repetitive tho, especialy the UI fight and the Broly fight is kinda dissapointing so far.

Yeah tbh 21 vs UI Goku and the Broly fight are not as interesting as GT Goku vs Goku Black, I feel that this would be a lot more better if it did what if's that are a lot more unique or desired from the community

Yeah tbh 21 vs UI Goku and the Broly fight are not as interesting as GT Goku vs Goku Black, I feel that this would be a lot more better if it did what if's that are a lot more unique or desired from the community
It's not even a question of being unique or desired, it's just that in the UI fight, Goku goes UI (build up was not enough but decent) and then...fight the exact same way as before and show none of the cool stuff particular to UI (Like at no moment does he do the ki blast drift despite C21 being completly open to it) and then get his ass beat and suddenly goes MUI with no build up, does 1 cool MUI move and the fight is over.

And then the Broly fight is literaly just the two Broly looking almost identical having the most basic fight ever while Z Broly goes 'my power is overflowing' three times and it just end with no climax and now we're in GT.

GT Goku vs Goku Black was a lot more fun, with Goku Black showing off his scythe and his ki hand while SSJ4 Goku showed off his own stuff.

When did DB stop downplaying dragon ball? Seems like they flip on their bias.
I mean, they weren't really downplaying Dragon Ball(on Goku v Superman it was more Superman wank more than Goku downplaying). More like they started somewhat wanking Dragon Ball to compensate for the angry fans still being mad at GvS

I mean, they weren't really downplaying Dragon Ball(on Goku v Superman it was more Superman wank more than Goku downplaying). More like they started somewhat wanking Dragon Ball to compensate for the angry fans still being mad at GvS
We literaly have DB characters highter than what Death Battle had them recently, how is that wank? VSBW's Beerus is like infinitely stronger than the one in Death Battle's video.

Not gonna argue about this, but we can agree to disagree. To me it felt like wank, you are free to think otherwise.
I mean, agreeing to disagree or not, it doesn't make sense to say they are wanking on the same site where we have Beerus as capable of killing an infinit number of Death Battle!Beerus.

I'm no fan of death battle but it really sound like an excuse to say they were wrong no matter what.

This is like the the 5th time they did "revenge on Sayians" and Broly moving was already a rehash of that kinda.

Not that I blame them for recycling shit because the story has no real reason to exist and they are just making stuff up along the way so they can sell a story that ended before I was born.

I really wish they would try something similar to the Universe conflict arc fomr DBH tbh. The concept was cool even if the execution was garbage in that in anime at least

One thing I disliked about the anime is how short every episode is, generally around 6 to 8 minutes at most which counting all 30 episodes plus the special equates to a total of around 3 hours and 40 minutes worth of footage. I know that the anime is promotional and isn't mean to replace the mainline DB anime, but with how little new content we've getting for Super outside the games and manga I wouldn't mind seeing the episodes be longer and have more content put into them.

personally it would be cooler if they did a Dragon Ball Heroes fullblown anime, counting the story. After all, I think it would bring more people in and some events could change slightly.

The Hearts vs Goku fight was the only really good fight in SDBH. Which is funny because SDBH is actualy easy to hype yourself up to while playing it.

Also, another thing to say is that it would make the story better to understand for those who haven't played all of the games, and to somewhat keep them up to speed with the story.

The Hearts vs Goku fight was the only really good fight in SDBH. Which is funny because SDBH is actualy easy to hype yourself up to while playing it.
IDK man, seeing Golden Metal Cooler bully Ssj3 Kanba was a treat to behold especially with that three way Golden Supernova he throwed at him. Though I agree that most of the fightd were pretty subpar, which again is why I'm glad the manga exists because the fights there were pretty solid in comparison to it's anime counterpart

One thing I forgot to mention with the SDBH anime is that I dislike how quite a bit of content or events from the arcade and the manga are ignored due to it's short time length. I mean for the Prison Planet arc alone the anime is missing the presence of Bojack and his gang, no mention or appearance from Majin Ozotto, no Hatchiyack or King Cold, and I'm sure I'm missing some other events as well but nevertheless it still sucks that the entire thing in the anime was just the good guys vs Kanba which got boring real fast (especially with the immense downplay of SSB Vegito not being able to fight base Kanba).

Yeah that's a fair point I suppose, which is why I wish it was a full fledged anime since Super was done by that point and I doubt everyone is going to go out and buy SDBH World Mission

@Dragomer in what way? Personally after spending time playing it lately, my biggest complaint with the game is that it didn't add in any new story modes for the arcade mode which sucks because I really wanted that Golden Metal Cooler card but who knows? Maybe a sequel will come out

@Dragomer in what way? Personally after spending time playing it lately, my biggest complaint with the game is that it didn't add in any new story modes for the arcade mode which sucks because I really wanted that Golden Metal Cooler card but who knows? Maybe a sequel will come out
Not all the mini-games for attacks were correctly added to PC (Like the energy ball one), the game's constantly assuming you picked the saiyan avatar, the lackluster tutorial, the whole system where you need SDBs to upgrade your character and if you don't do while they're level 99 everytime, you basicaly **** up your character forever.

Also the difficulty was random as hell, you had random fights that are harder than the boss that come after them.

There's also the grindfest aspect of it, which is almost gacha game level at time and how the 'search' system clearly wasn't made with you having most of the cards in minds given how impractical it is. (There also how the UI won't show how much hero energy the new super attack you equiped with an object cost, it always show you the cost of your non-equiped attack.)

All of that could be solved with rather minors change TBH but they just never did.

Oh I hated the difficulty so much, I swear World Mission gave me PTSD after seeing Dimensional Pressure used on me so much which made it practically impossible to beat these bosses fair and square. That's when you whip out the big guns and use that ability Ginyu which causes the CI of your team to be equal to that of the slowest CI member

Oh I hated the difficulty so much, I swear World Mission gave me PTSD after seeing Dimensional Pressure used on me so much which made it practically impossible to beat these bosses fair and square. That's when you whip out the big guns and use that ability Ginyu which causes the CI of your team to be equal to that of the slowest CI member
That kind of cheap difficulty is so annoying XD.

Goku Black vs GT Goku
Where can I read those and Dragon Ball After?

Back