• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Yeah it didn’t make any sense. LSS Broly got gut punched and SSJ4 Vegito wasn’t even trying then next thing u know SSJ4 Broly could (kind of) curbstomp both Vegito’s

So I just watched the episode and overall? I was decently entertained, real disappointed that my boi Demigra got to do absoultely NOTHING but whatever I'm sure it's a different story in the game and manga though I wonder what Fu's new universe is gonna be like

According to the anime, this Broly is Dark Broly. Assuming this isn't just something they made up, perhaps it really has been the same Z Broly the entire time.

Fair enough in that regard, though how could this Broly be Dark Broly? It would explain how he has Ssj4 at least, but then again I watched a raw sub without any subs so IDK what they were saying

I see, so Dark Broly hasn't been an alternate counterpart of Z Broly but has been Z Broly all this time. I guess it makes sense, as far as I'm aware in the arcade mode Towa had Broly captured and tried to mind control him using the TB mask and a Dark Star Dragon Ball but failed to do so and so Broly went on a rampage

Pretty much. At some point after that he died to the Dark Empire off-screen, and Demigra resurrected him with demonic energy to make him go berserk as a distraction. Presumably he burnt off that energy when Bardock beat him.

Makes sense now why they named him "Dark Broly", and not "Broly: Xeno", if Dark Broly was just another transformation of Z Broly.

I find it incredibly strange and kinda stupid how Cerealians only have superhuman right eyes instead of just having Super Vision all-around.

Call me a fool, but I'm excited to see what Vegeta's training will be.

Granola and this thing about the involvement of Frieza, the intel and the strongest warrior in the universe is really interesting too.

Goku now has MUI and apparently Angel’s are in constant instinct meaning that Whis has yet to use the actual power of UI

Goku being at vaguely the lowest tier of Actual UI is still really funny.

There. That's how enemies can be stronger than UI Goku now.

Yeah the form that Goku first uses against Jiren in their first fight is Ultra Instinct Omen while the white haired state is the complete version of Ultra Instinct. Also I can see why Goku would be considered at the bottom ladder of Angels since Goku is very inexperienced with using it and only just managed to use it at will without any repercussions

he isn't conscidered to be at the bottom ladder of angels, he is conscidered To be at the bottom ladder of UI users as a whole. There are likely more UI users that aren’t angels in the verse, which are stronger than Goku.

and it makes perfect sense. Goku just recently unlocked it, he should be at the very bottom, which is confirmed.

also, Merus > UI Goku is obvious now, which again gives more credit to whis statement about Moro not being able to handle the full extend of Merus’ power.

@Ovrhide my mistake, yeah Goku would be at the bottom of the UI ladder is what I should've said but I hope that UI doesn't become useless when more villains keep coming
Considering what Whis said, UI will not become useless for a while. Tho I’m sure Goku will probably add things on top of UI, despite what was said about it not being possible. After all, this is dragon ball.

@Dominodalek yeah it probably also explains how Broly obtained LB Ssj4, I guess all that energy had been giving from the brainwashing and Demigra resurrecting him would've helped him break his limits. Though I'm curious as to know how Broly got to where the gang were fighting Fu in the first place, especially when in the last episode he was in that green void (likely the sealed Demon Realm?) and appeared to have awakened after being unconscious

What was left of the Demon Realm (basically just the top half of Mechikabura's tower) was destroyed after Mechikabura was sealed so I dunno, maybe that stranded him in the Crack of Time?

If they're treating all the appearances of Z Broly as the same entity, it would mean that he's died/nearly died at least seven times now (M8, M10, after returning as a Super Saiyan 3, after his first escape from Hell and becoming a Super Saiyan 4, after his second escape from Hell and becoming Super Saiyan 4 Full Power, his death as Dark Broly and his defeat by Xeno Bardock) which would certainly give him quite a boost.

@Dominodalek pretty sure the Crack of Time has all those crystals representing timelines so I'm not sure it is that, I think it's more possible that rubble left of the Demon Realm survived it's destruction which includes Broly and Towa likely found him and used him as a distraction so Fu could restore the Universe Tree and create his new universe

Yes Broly is Maximum due to zenkais
EsMb0ngUcAAdBMv

@TheBestBoi well I was wrong then, about him not going into the Crack of Time.
So it does confirm that this Broly is in fact Dark Broly without the brainwashing or Dark Dragon Ball absorbed, and gained a Zenkai that let him gain the LB Ssj4 form which is crazy if it's implying he gained it on his own

In regards to the Crack of Time, Heroes' version of it has been shown to have a slightly more diverse environment - the void of crystals is still there, but there are also a couple landmasses and apparently (I haven't seen this myself, but the UMX guidebook lists it as a stage in the game) a snowy mountain.

Bruh how come gogeta gets to be stronger than broly but not 2 vegitos, hopefully vegito blue wins against broly and xeno vegito wins against fuu

You know I know the Prison Planet Arc was the current arc at the time before we got the promotional anime, but tbh I kind of wanted to see the Dark Demon Realm be adapted first as I feel the premise was more sound then the Prison Planet Arc and having a big plethora of new bad guys like the Demon Gods and seeing moments like Gohan obtaining Ssj4 or Trunks becoming a Super Saiyan God would've been hype

Yeah, it was easily far more interesting. It doesn't help that the anime cut Majin Ozotto, easily the most interesting part of the Prison Planet arc.

They also cut out the Ghost Warriors vs King Cold clan and the encounter with Bojack and his Gang, which I guess isn't terribly important but it still sucks we didn't get to see the arc be accurately portrayed. Also the power scaling in the anime (which I know is ironic since this is Heroes but I feel that Heroes' power scaling usually is justifiable) with the major example being SSB Vegito unable to overpower BASE Kanba even with Kaioken when in the game he straight up beat Ssj Kanba and IIRC it forced Fu to teleport him away.

Back