• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

We Gotta Power always felt underrated in the DB community, I get why Cha La Head Cha La is more popular and the former has its fans but it's always taken a back seat in comparasion to other DB openings which sucks because IMO We Gotta Power sounds a bit better.

People are indeed ignoring this part a lot, since this statement is completely true. If people actually read in detail all the information we have on our tiering system pages, they'll realize universal destruction is far more commonly 3-A than Low 2-C.
You’re half right. However, 3-A isn’t universal but neither is low 2-C.

Speaking of openings, what is everyone's favorite DB game opening? Mine is Progression from Raging Blast 1, with Super Survivor from Budokai Tenkaichi 3 being a close second

Uuuuh, that brings a lot of memories to me, I remember always watching it while loading the game on my newly received PS3 as a kid.
And years have passed since the last time I listened this, because for some reason I totally forgot it, I really have to thank you!

But going even more in the past, this is another important piece of music and CGI!

Yea, they were bangers.

But BT3 adds a couple inches to your penis due to nostalgia and how much of a banger that game was, which is why it's the superior opening.

Also, my list goes something like this: BT3 >>> RB2 >> Infinite world

My most nostalgic DB game would have to be RB2, since I unfortunately never got to experience BT3 in my childhood. My favorite Dragon Ball opening song, if I was going for what I actually like most over how iconic something is, would honestly be the ToP opening. But when going for openings that are just classics for me, it would have to be Cha-La Head-Cha-La.

Also still waiting for RB3 to come out. Release date: Probably never, but I can hope.

My most nostalgic, though not favorite, DB game is probably Budokai 1. It's kinda crap, but I remember playing it a lot.

My favorite and still fairly nostalgic DB game is Legacy of Goku 2.

For me, the most Nostalgic Dragon Ball video games are the Legacy of Goku trilogy (Well; LoG 2 and Buu's Fury especially; the first one kinda sucked) And Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3. I've had a lot of enjoyment out of those games.

Oh they can't be as grindy as Xenoverse 1 and 2. Seriously those games can become brain dead when you aren't at a high level so you go through all these hoops just to make it

They are not as grindy as Xenoverse 1 and 2. At all. But they can be a little bit.

Well, LoG2 can be. You can break Buu's Fury in half after a certain point. I might eventually edit it a bit, who knows.

LoG1 is like really slow, and the RNG system can get pretty annoying. And it's disappointing how much of the story it misses.

But when the sequels are so much better, it shows how much better it could have been. Buu's Fury is like so damn easy though with the stat system and fast paced action. But the games awesome soundtrack and what not makes up for that.

That's the thing about any sequel, sometimes you go back to an older game and you're like "oh my God I actually tolerated this?" which isn't a bad thing but sometimes it can kill nostalgia or a reason to go back to an older game

Yeah, it's kinda amazing how much I tolerated the 1st game; and I had plans to start LP's which I was thinking that would be a game for me to start with. I kinda like starting with obscure entries or ones not many would expect.

Legacy of Goku 1 was just bad. It was clunky, it was slow, it was awkward. I'm glad it sold a lot, though. Let 2 be made, and 2 was so much of an improvement that it's shocking that the same people did it.

Like how we're talking about Dragon Ball RPG type games and no one has mentioned Kakarot. Although, while that game can get fairly grindy in its own right, I don't think it compares to Xenoverse games, although I can't comment on LoG games cause I never played them.

Kakarot feels undercooked to me. Like, it's not the worst dragon ball game I've ever played, but it feels like there's just a few things missing from it being super good.

Oh well. That's how it is sometimes.

Kakarot feels undercooked to me. Like, it's not the worst dragon ball game I've ever played, but it feels like there's just a few things missing from it being super good.

Oh well. That's how it is sometimes.
Kakarot is basicaly testing the water for what to use for DBX3 IMO. It's a prototype of the next gen of DB 3D arena games.

That's IF they decide to release Xenoverse 3 at some point, because it's been nearly 5 years and they're still releasing updates and DLC for a game that not everyone plays due to FighterZ. Of course I appreciate support for any game, but it's like at the same time if they're adding this much stuff to the game why not just make Xenoverse 3?

Though speaking of Xenoverse 3, one of my biggest requests for this game is to have a completely original storyline like FighterZ did. I get that with DB games the appeal behind it is that YOU, the player, are able to interact with the events of famous moments in DB as a whole but the issue is that they've been doing this for decades at this point and it gets a little tiring to go through the same story we've seen over and over and over again.

I hope Puar gets a profile. Puar can shapeshift, levitate, fly, unlock doors as a key, have sharp blades as a pair of scissors and can drive cars.

To be honest, I'm kind of on the other way on that one. I just want a BT4-type of game that's just straight up the entire franchise or at least close, incorporating Super into it as well. Prolly wouldn't be good, but I want my toybox, damn it.

Otherwise, a XV3 that just goes wild with timeline changes, enough to be its own original story, would be pretty kickass as well.

Also, Attack of the Saiyans not getting a sequel is one of the saddest things that's happened to this franchise. I just want a series of good RPGs through the whole dragon ball setting.

Last edited:
@ZetaMarishi exactly, I feel as though that Xenoverse never really utilized the potential of alterations in history. Like in the games a lot of these changes are really superficial and don't add any interesting scenarios to the table, which makes it real annoying when you're still repeating the same events that you've known for years with slight differences

Though speaking of Xenoverse 3, one of my biggest requests for this game is to have a completely original storyline like FighterZ did. I get that with DB games the appeal behind it is that YOU, the player, are able to interact with the events of famous moments in DB as a whole but the issue is that they've been doing this for decades at this point and it gets a little tiring to go through the same story we've seen over and over and over again.
Honestly, if they allow you to make choices like in the Fuu DLC, it could be cool.

Also DBX2 is getting DLCs and getting updated for a reason : It's still bringing a lot of cash.

To be honest, I'm kind of on the other way on that one. I just want a BT4-type of game that's just straight up the entire franchise or at least close, incorporating Super into it as well. Prolly wouldn't be good, but I want my toybox, damn it.

Otherwise, a XV3 that just goes wild with timeline changes, enough to be its own original story, would be pretty kickass as well.

Also, Attack of the Saiyans not getting a sequel is one of the saddest things that's happened to this franchise. I just want a series of good RPGs through the whole dragon ball setting.
For BT4 you can legit just play the BT4 Mod for BT3, it's basically what you are describing there.

The only downside it's that's in spanish only.

Oh man I tried playing Tenkaichi 4 and I just couldn't get stand playing an entire game in a language I don't understand, hopefully at some point modders are able to get it translated or something

I was planning of making a profile for Majin Buu Chou, given that he can switch body with the Dai Kaio.

Should I place the powers of both characters in different tabbers, or just write "All Daio Kaioshin's abilities when trasformed" at the end of the section?
Because they don't seem to share the same physiology and powers, only the resistances to magic, multiple personalities and the ability to switch body (even though Buu doesn't seem aware of being able to do so, until now the Dai Kaio always took him over)

I'm afraid it may look to redundant in some way.

I think there should be a canon Dai Kaioshin profile with 2 keys, Prime and Weakened (Prime would be whatever we rate him as (3-B, 3-A, I don't know) and weakened would be 4-B partially scaling from Ultra Buu) and then the Chou Buu profile would have two keys (Majin Buu in control and Dai Kaioshin in control).

This might be a bit much though.

We already have a Dai Kaio profile from the Chou manga, but it considers only the Prime, since he only lost his divine powers, not the strength which is what allows Bu to keep up with Moro together with the immunity to his magic.

Chou Bu would have only one key, since the strength is the same, but I'm afraid of making a profile that looks redundant, since both tabbers would be copypastas from Buu and Kaio's profiles with a couple of additions each (resistance to magic for Buu and transformation and multiple personalities for both).

My main complaint about Kakarot was them just putting DBS in DLC instead of simply putting it in the game. It's definitely something that focuses on bringing out the nostalgia feels for big Dragon Ball fans, though.

It's extremely detailed about what goes on in the Dragon Ball story, even adding in non-canon things that happen between time skips. You barely get to play as Goku in the main story, which is ironic as the game is called Kakarot, but when you do, it feels like your power just skyrocketed, because you always switch over to him when he's hit a new power-up from training. I definitely like how the game isn't loosely following the Dragon Ball story, but actually makes you feel like you're in the story, even if you're just playing as canon characters. I also remember how hype it was to unlock a new form or watch a cutscene based around an important part of the story.

Honestly, the best part about Kakarot is really just making big leaps in power. The gameplay, while usually the same between each fight, rarely gets stale until you've completed the main story, and is overall very smooth imo. Except the Dr. Gero fight, that was really annoying.

You also see a lot more of the classic Dragon Ball characters than you would in any other DB game I've seen, and at the end of the game, against Kid Buu, it really felt like a great finale that really brought out my inner Dragon Ball fan from when I was a kid. That was definitely where I hit peak nostalgia levels.

Overall, I wouldn't say Kakarot is anything to write home about, but I do think it's worth playing if you have the money, enjoy RPG's, and are a fan of the series.

Not really DBS as they haven't confirmed anything outside BoG and FnF, which technically still count as Z due to being released as Z movies at one point, let's just hope they bring the original DBZ movies too.

Back