• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Yeah I don't understand why they keep giving Z Broly all the transformations that Xeno Goku achieves, especially when Broly should be irrelevant since his Super counterpart exists. Also to answer the question, I use a website called ********

I understand the powerscaling isn’t good for this series....but this didn’t make a lick of sense
If this is their main Broly, prior to this he:
  1. Went through both Broly movies
  2. Gained a zenkai from his trip to the sun, became a Super Saiyan 3 and died for real
  3. Escaped Hell, became a Super Saiyan 4 and died again
  4. Gained a stronger version of Super Saiyan 4, escaped Hell a second time and died again again
And that's not counting him being controlled by Babidi and becoming God Broly. He's had several power boosts to get him to this point.

@Dominodalek but isn't Limit Breaker Ssj4 so far only achievable by being given ki which includes those with God Ki? How would Broly get the Ki nessacary to get the form
Also to Ottavio, yeah I saw those forms they look like Towa's second Demon God state but with her base form's apperance

Dabura is getting a new one too...
It's not a new form, he had it in the last arc.

but isn't Limit Breaker Ssj4 so far only achievable by being given ki which includes those with God Ki? How would Broly get the Ki nessacary to get the form
They never actually said that, getting Xeno Goku and Vegeta to SFPS4LB was literally just a matter of filling them with enough energy to push them over the limit. While Xeno Goku and Vegeta achieved that by getting others to donate them energy, there's nothing saying that was the only way.

@Dominodalek fair enough in that regard, I just feel it has something to do with God Ki given how different it is compared to the other times Goku was giving energy in GT
In fairness it's basically just that with a stronger aura, I don't imagine the thought process went much further than wanting to make their version of Super Full Power Saiyan 4 look more distinct from the base form.

Technically Goku and Vegeta actually go into that form first in the game, because DBS Vegeta initially refuses to donate his energy and so they don't get enough to go full Limit Break.

Classic Vegeta in that regard, though that is true that it works the same.
Speaking of the games, is there any statements for how strong LB Ssj4 is in comparasion to the base Ssj4 form?

Classic Vegeta in that regard, though that is true that it works the same.
Speaking of the games, is there any statements for how strong LB Ssj4 is in comparasion to the base Ssj4 form?
The only comparison we have is from the Janemba fight, where we're told that base SS4 couldn't scratch Black Janemba, SFPS4 was able to deal minor damage while still having no chance of winning, and SFPS4LB was able to destroy him.

Good enough I guess.
It sucks that World Mission didn't add in the rest of the Demon Realm story to the game or the rest of the Prison Planet arc because that would've make more playthroughs through the arcade mode to be more worthwhile

Yeah I don't understand why they keep giving Z Broly all the transformations that Xeno Goku achieves, especially when Broly should be irrelevant since his Super counterpart exists. Also to answer the question, I use a website called ********
Almost every sayian in Xeno has every form Goku achieved dunno what you talking about.
Freaking Baradock have SS4 for crying out loud.
DBS Broly existence is irreverent to Heroes since they are using the Xeno versions of characters and Nu Broly doesn't exist there

Also DBS Broly sucks as a villain even if you like him more as a character. He lacks that "demon" and "pure Evil" aura the OG Broly had, hence why Toei Broly is much more effective and easier to use on regular "monster of the week" events

Everything the Heroes team adds has to be passed by Shueisha, they would have no chance of getting permission to give any new forms to BR Broly. Z Broly being non-canon is actually a big positive for him, since it means they can give him pretty much anything without having to worry about contradicting future media.

I wouldn't compare Broly to Xeno Goku anyway, Broly's obviously been around a lot longer and has over double the amount of transformations.

(I find it funny that they introduced Super Saiyan 4 Bardock as something that could never exist naturally, and then Xeno Bardock just casually does it later.)

Honestly Nu Broly have been absent from everything DB related ever since his initial appearance, even Jiren got used once in an arc.

People legit thought Nu Broly would replace OG Broly in everything from here on lol

@ZERO7772 IDK, I just can't stand Z Broly being in every single DB media these days ever since Super Broly got introduced but I agree that Z Broly does work as a monster of the week to be a antagonist towards the Z warriors so I guess Super Broly isn't nessacary in that regard

The problem with Super Broly is all the complexity people praised him for having disappears as soon as he starts fighting, and he only gets less interesting the stronger he gets, until he becomes M10 Broly with any remaining trace of personality stripped away.

Hopefully then if he does appear again in DBS or anywhere else, the story allows Goku to help Broly control his power so that way Broly isn't defined as being a mindless berserker again like his OG counterpart and can either be a gentle giant who doesn't fight unless nessacary or something to Gohan but a drive to keep training. Anything else besides those two would be good as long as they allow him to develop

The problem with Super Broly is all the complexity people praised him for having disappears as soon as he starts fighting, and he only gets less interesting the stronger he gets, until he becomes M10 Broly with any remaining trace of personality stripped away.
That could actualy add a fun dynamics to the fight where they have to avoid pushing Broly too much or something but I doubt SDBH would bother with that.

That could actualy add a fun dynamics to the fight where they have to avoid pushing Broly too much or something but I doubt SDBH would bother with that.
I'm not sure how well that would translate into gameplay though, especially with how formulaic the game's become recently.

Well gentlemen it appears that GoD Toppo will be the other character aside from Pikkon to come to Xenoverse 2 which is pretty interesting cause we've already had mods that put him in the game for awhile ago

But it appears that Fu is coming back with some new scheme in what appears to be another story mode? That's fine with me as long as I get to see more of him.
Screenshot_2021-01-19-10-46-26.png

I need to know though like does Xeno Broly SSJ4 power's is better than Vegeta's and Goku's? because honestly SSJ4 Broly should be getting stomped regardless

I need to know though like does Xeno Broly SSJ4 power's is better than Vegeta's and Goku's? because honestly SSJ4 Broly should be getting stomped regardless
"Xeno Broly" (which is Dark Broly, not the current one) definitely is, SS4 Xeno Goku needed help to defeat him and Dark Broly got boosted further in his following appearance.

In terms of the currently relevant Broly, it's difficult to say given how messy Heroes is, but I'm going to say yes. Z Broly generally seems to be stronger with each appearance (SS3 Broly being somewhere above Buuhan, SS4 Broly being somewhere above SS4 GT Goku, SS4FP Broly being... presumably somewhere above an empowered Super 17, around SS3 Xeno Trunks's level) so at this point he most likely is.

Not to surprising for Dark Broly, considering he has a Dark Dragon Ball absorbed, Ssj4 and the Time Breaker mask amp? It's no wonder why Dark Broly would be above Xeno Goku in that case, don't underestimate how crazy the TB Mask amp is

"Xeno Broly" (which is Dark Broly, not the current one) definitely is, SS4 Xeno Goku needed help to defeat him and Dark Broly got boosted further in his following appearance.

In terms of the currently relevant Broly, it's difficult to say given how messy Heroes is, but I'm going to say yes. Z Broly generally seems to be stronger with each appearance (SS3 Broly being somewhere above Buuhan, SS4 Broly being somewhere above SS4 GT Goku, SS4FP Broly being... presumably somewhere above an empowered Super 17, around SS3 Xeno Trunks's level) so at this point he most likely is.
Ah. I meant the Z Broly thats in the latest trailer. I thought that was the "Xeno" Broly lol

Just out of curiosity, but do those with Time Breaker Masks only gain an increase in power or do they also gain some of the abilities attributed to Dark Ki?
The Masks have never been shown to give abilities, so I would assume it's just the typical power increase that regular Dark Ki empowerment (ie Villainous Mode, Supervillain, etc.) gives.

Also I decided to Google translate the scan involving Fu and this is what has to say, which I think proves that there's gonna be another story arc:
"The latest EX mission with a super gorgeous movie is here !! Fu who has appeared in the world of "DBX V2" for the first time in a while !! What are you planning in the rift of a new time ...!? Dragon Ball Xenoverse War Hikibisato "Movie"

I think the issue is that Fu in XV2 acted more morally grey despite being Towa and Mira's son, he has good intentions but his love for experimentation and illegally altering history is what caused confusion to the Time Patrol. In Heroes, more so the anime tbh, they made him act more evil as opposed to that eccentric scientist he was

The next Heroes episode has aired. Rough notes:
  • Fu creates his ballroom.
  • Broly (currently LSS) throws some rocks through the windows, and busts through to attack the Vegitos.
  • Broly fights with Xeno Vegito for a bit, before transforming into SFPS4LB. The Vegitos work together and aren't completely curbstomped, but Broly has the advantage.
  • Fu flies off and restores the Universe Tree. The Vegitos are too busy with Broly to stop him, and the tree begins creating the new universe.
  • A blinding light begins spreading from the tree. Vegito forces himself and Broly into the light, while Xeno Vegito flies off as it engulfs the ballroom.
  • Putine, Salsa, Dr. W and Turles, all literally standing around doing nothing, are also engulfed. So is Hearts, who has arrived to free Cumber.

Back