• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Qawsedf234 gave me permission to make this staff thread.
@ActuallySpaceMan42 is obviously allowed to post his points due to being the biggest supporter. (Qaws also said that in the original thread)

All these scans are from novelhi (as it provides the best translation for it) which the scans for the verse also come from.

First off I want to start off with this as supporting evidence that it is indeed literally just using other IP's characters for the MC's transformations and just self admitting it as well. This is from the synopsis on qidian.
  1. The cold and ruthless lich, the giant dragon that makes waves, the tailed beast with unlimited energy, the infinitely evolving Zerg, and the alien race with brain development.   As long as it is not a human being, what monster does Lan Mu mean that has not changed? Whether it is myths and legends, video games, novels and animations, non-human monsters are all the objects of Lan Mu's transformation.   On earth, he can be the ancestor of the blood race, pretend to be an alien visitor, become a real water monster, and make myths come to reality... Here's the google translated version of qidian

2. Here's an improved translation. The cold and emotionless Lich, the Giant Dragon that stirred up trouble, the Tailed Beast with unlimited energy, the Insect Race that evolved endlessly, and the Alien Race that developed their brains.As long as it was not a human, what kind of monster did Lan Mu not change? Whether it was myths, legends, movies, games, novels, or animations, non-human monsters were all Lan Mu's targets. On Earth, he could be the ancestor of the Blood Race, he could pretend to be an alien, he could become a real water monster, he could make myths come to life …
阴冷无情的巫妖,兴风作浪的巨蛟,能量无限的尾兽,无限进化的虫族,脑域开发的外星种族。
  只要不是人类,蓝牧表示什么怪物没变过?不管是神话传说,影视游戏,小说动漫,非人类的怪物都是蓝牧的变身对象。
  在地球上,他可以是血族的始祖,可以假冒成外星来客,可以成为真正的水怪,可以让神话降临现实……

And it's not as if it's their own video games or movies as there is a character who is directly from League of Legends.

Chapter 64.

Bai Ze said on the other end of the phone, "Master, I was just about to call you ..."
"After the press conference, Zhang Yang immediately held a press conference. He claimed that he was going to release a new game he thought of called League of Legends!"
"Tell me what's going on with that white lion!" Lan Mu said in a serious tone.
"That's a hero in League of Legends. Zhang Yang released dozens of cinematics, background settings, and skill introductions for the hero."
"The white-haired lion's full name is ... I
Pride Hunter - Rengar."
"His skills are ... Invisible Predator ... Cruel and Merciless ... War Roar ... Lasso Strike ... Hunting Rhythm..."
After listening to Bai Ze's introduction, Lan Mu felt his hair stand on end and his hands and feet go cold.
Very similar! Whether it was the image or the ability... it was almost the same as the white-haired lion he transformed into. The only difference was that the hero in the game had equipment, while his white-haired lion was naked ...
"Rengar, ... Rengar, ..."
"Pride Hunter ... So the white-haired lion I transformed into is called Pride Hunter
and keep in mind that this character appears all the way in chapter 1 but isn't directly called the League of Legends character until chapter 64 but that shouldn't matter as it shows it as always that character. His Pride Hunter form also has it's own key here with it appearing from chapter 1. Showing that it does have some long term relevance in the story.

Here he turns into a literal tailed beast from Naruto (literally Ichibi from Naruto as it has the same name, same abilities, and same appearance as well as being from an anime.)
Chapter 388
Lan Mu looked at the swaying tail made of many needles, the skin wrapped in yellow sand, and the purple spell pattern on the body. Suddenly, he felt extremely uncomfortable. The moist air and waves on the island had wet the sand on the surface of his body. Lan Mu felt very uncomfortable.
"Twenty meters tall, unimaginable energy in the body, violent and dry power, and this raccoon-like appearance..."
Lan Mu instantly knew what he had changed. It was too obvious.
"Ichibi Shukaku ..."
"A tailed beast that lives in the desert in the anime. It can control sand and even has magnetic power. It can easily create sandstorms and storms. It has a manic and neurotic temperament ..."
Lan Mu did not feel neurotic, but the manic feeling became more obvious.
Thinking about it, it made sense. A monster that liked to be dry appeared on an island. Its huge body was soaked in the sea, and the wind and waves made it wet. The sticky and wet feeling almost drove Lan Mu crazy.
"It hates the sea... it's even a weakness... this kind of creature is almost useless in the sea..."
"Ten days of transformation actually has such an obvious weakness. And from the story, it should be very weak... besides being a bit bigger than the Flame Demon, it should be beaten up by the Flame Demon, right?"
"There are so many tailed beasts, but this one changed ...'
"

Here his ability transforms him into Ultron which is directly said to be from the MCU. From the same chapter it is also said he his made from adamantium which is metal from marvel. Yes his Ultron form also has a key on the wiki.

Chapter 600
Ultron, an Al life form from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
It had a unique way of thinking and could self-update its program according to the characteristics of the opponent and evolve countermeasures to restrain them.
Although it was still very weak when it first transformed, it was just a primary school student in the nano stage compared to a level-4 civilization.
However, the speed at which Ultron absorbed technology was frightening, and it was extremely malleable. Ultron's advantage was to cooperate with Feifu's opening of the database.
Suddenly, it was like a giant sponge had been thrown into the ocean, carrying out crazy self- optimization.
When Lan Mu became a super Al life form that was comparable to Feifu, only four minutes had passed.
The electromagnetic wave transmission technology that was easy to be targeted was optimized. Now, it was quantum communication and transmission.
The ancient system that was full of loopholes was also optimized. The hardware caught up to the beginning of level-4, and it used the current cutting-edge technology.
"Master, my only use has been replaced by you ..." Feifu said in a low voice. There was no value in his existence anymore.
Chapter 600. Among the layers of mechanical buildings, a tall robot stood out from the rest.
The weapons mounted on the surrounding buildings instantly fired, and magnetic storm networks crisscrossed the air.
The robot that was attacked was unscathed, and only some high-energy weapons hit him, leaving some marks.
However, these small wounds quickly healed, and it was clear that this metal body had an extremely strong wound recovery ability.
This was Lan Mu's new transformation, and he was indeed an artificial life.
However, unlike other artificial intelligences, he had a sturdy body.
He had a mechanical body made of adamantium, with a certain degree of mechanical power and
an anti-gravity engine, and nanomachines that could repair any damage at any time.

He turns into a Balrog which does have a key.
Chapter 58. Lan Mu's body twisted strangely, and then turned red. His whole body quickly changed, and in the blink of an eye, he changed his appearance.
A four-meter-tall behemoth appeared in front of him, burning with inextinguishable flames. It had no feet, only boiling hot magma.
This monster had black goat horns on its head, and its mouth, nose, and eyes were all on fire. Its appearance was a living demon!
Flames and demons, this was a Balrog!
"****! ****, you have a demon form?!"

Now I'll get into the better stuff.

Here he fights and interacts with Saitama for 12 whole chapters. Here is an imgur album prove it is indeed Saitama beyond a reasonable doubt. https://imgur.io/a/d47PTR1#axYQM9p
Chapter 671
When the figurine was fully formed, Lan Mu recognized that the bald head without even eyebrows was Saitama.
Wearing yellow tights, he looked like a yellow street lamp.
"If it's Saitama, it's hard to determine his strength, right?"
There was nothing that couldn't be solved with one punch. If there was, then two punches.
It sounded nice, but the information wasn't detailed or absolute. In terms of specific performance, the original work's worldview was too ordinary, so in reality, his strength wasn't necessarily the root algorithm.
Chapter 683
Lan Mu defeated Saitama. Although both of them still had the energy to continue fighting, the outcome had already been decided.
Saitama did not have the means to directly recover energy from the void. After suffering such a serious injury, he needed to rest for a long time.
But Lan Mu did not need it. He recovered quickly.
Not to mention the Jingu Bang that was inserted into Saitama's body. As long as Lan Mu let it enlarge, with the characteristics of the Jingu Bang, it could definitely crush Saitama.
But Lan Mu did not do that because he knew Saitama was going to disappear.

He fights the Hulk from chapter 660 to 663
Chapter 660

But all along, the figurine's random characters were just passable. Most of the time, the ones that appeared were just mortals.
It wasn't until the thirty-fourth time that a violent Hulk appeared. His combat power would become more and more terrifying according to his anger.
Such a low probability greatly disappointed Black Rose, and she had almost completely given up on using the anomaly, leaving it in a low-level world and using an entire planet as a containment
measure.
Because of their previous research, they had deliberately angered the Hulk and incited him. After Black Rose gave up on the research project and left, the Hulk vented all of his anger on the planet. He had been wreaking havoc for two weeks, and there was not a single intact continent on the planet.
Lan Mu looked at the information with a solemn expression.
He really didn't expect such anomalies to exist. They were too similar to life orbs.
More importantly, Lan Mu knew all of the dozens of people recorded in the data. There were works related to them in the super USB drive.
That was a fantasy character, which was basically the same as the life orb, which meant that there was a high chance that they would have the characteristics of [Origin].

Besides the Saitama stuff here's another case of egregious copyright violation where he literally gets inserted into the worlds of Naruto and Dragon Ball interacting with those characters.
Chapter 734
Lan Mu picked one. It was the Hokage, and he specifically asked the D-class personnel to finish it so that he could directly see the Seventh Daimyo Naruto. He wanted to know if the Naruto created by the Figurine had anything to do with it.
However, Lan Mu was disappointed. He was drawn directly in Konoha Hokage's office. The moment he appeared, he was discovered by Naruto.
"Who is it?" Naruto was still sitting, but his eyes were extremely strange.
"Don't you know me?" Lan Mu changed into the Black Dragon Taoist in front of him, but Naruto still regarded him as a stranger.
More from Chapter 734
"This is too weak... The pigment turned me into a creature of this dimension. But even so, I'm still too strong. Is Hokage's worldview too weak, or is it the gap between dimensions?"
Lan Mu shook his head and waved his hand to blast a group of Jonin away with his majestic mana.
Naruto instantly appeared behind Lan Mu. He pulled out his Rasengan and said solemnly, "Stop! What is your purpose?"
Lan Mu: "I'm sorry. The universe has just been born, and it's about to be destroyed."
After that, he directly broke through the Hokage Building and flew to the sky of Konoha.
With a click, the so-called barrier was not worth mentioning. He stood above the clouds in an instant.
"What are you doing?" Naruto used Six Paths' power to fly, but except for him, no one could keep up so high.
Literally the same chapter (734) going to an AU version of Dragon Ball.
Lan Mu nodded and said, "Try it and you will know... Just draw me to the scene of the Cell World
Martial Arts Tournament. By the way, change the previous plot and deliberately mention Buu and
Beerus, plus... Zeno!"
Audonis was shocked and said, "You are crazy. I said, after you go down, you have to follow the
rules there. If there is Zeno, then he represents the will of the universe of that dimension, and if he
wants to erase you, it is just a matter of thought! Do you think you won't die in the 2D dimension?"
Chapter 735
In the World Martial Arts Arena of Cell Games, the moment Lan Mu appeared, he was discovered
by almost everyone.
Saiyans and Cell could feel the aura that had suddenly appeared.
Although the aura was very strange, it was not hidden at all.
The main reason was that Lan Mu couldn't hide it. As soon as he came out, he stood on the yellow
mountain with a speechless expression.
"Hey! Who are you? It's very dangerous here. Quickly hide behind. "The first one to speak was
Satan.
On the contrary, the Super Warriors' expressions were very solemn because none of them noticed
how Lan Mu appeared.
"When ..."
"What a strange Ki, it looks very strong."
At this time, the battle had just begun. Satan's two apprentices were sent flying by Cell's Ki. Satan
saw that he was about to go up and show off.
Lan Mu didn't say anything. He saw Satan rush up and hit Cell. Cell impatiently slapped Satan and
sent him flying, crashing into a mountain.

He literally transforms into Cell against Cell. His Cell form also has a keyway earlier than this chapter. Showing that it's not simply one off things.

Chapter 735
Lan Mu's body instantly changed, and what appeared in front of everyone was another Cell.
"What! Two Cells! "
Everyone was petrified. One Cell was already difficult, how could two Cells fight?
However, even the real Cell was dumbfounded. 'Impossible! Doctor only created me!'
At this moment, the two Cells were confronting each other. From the outside, there was really no
difference.
However, in terms of Qi, the Cell that Lan Mu had transformed into was slightly stronger.
After all, Lan Mu's Cell transformation was considered an old transformation. He had experienced
many space battles and even almost died on a neutron star, which unearthed more of his body's
potential.
"Damn it! You are a fake! "The real Cell angrily released his Qigong.
Lan Mu's body burst out with fine lightning, and he also blasted out the same Ki.
The two powerful Qigong collided, and the earth and atmosphere shook crazily, and the fluctuations
flattened the surrounding rocks.
A group of Z Fighters looked at one Cell in the sky and one Cell on the ground, and suddenly didn't
know who to help.
Chapter 736
In the end, Lan Mu won, but he didn't kill Cell. Instead, he spared Cell's life.
As long as the biochip is still there, he can be resurrected.
Lan Mu needs a punching bag who is constantly improving like him, and Cell is undoubtedly a good
opponent.
This guy's life is really too short. If he lives longer, his strength will definitely not stop here.
Seeing that Lan Mu saved Cell's biochip under the energy wave, Vegeta immediately wanted to kill
him.
However, Lan Mu stopped Vegeta, thought for a moment and said, "If you kill him, then you will be
my opponent."
"That's what I meant." Vegeta directly fought in Normal State.
Lan Mu blocked a punch and smashed him into the ground with a backhand.
"Not now, I mean you will be my special training target in the future. Now you are still too weak, at
least you have to completely enter the second form of Super Saiyan. "
After that, Lan Mu had a headache and said, "Also ... next time, can you use your full strength as
soon as you come up? Is it traditional to use a set of physical skills in Normal State?"
"Are you Cell who has never been here before?" The Z Warriors questioned.
Chapter 737
At the beginning of the training, it had no effect on Lan Mu at all.
After all, his opponents were too weak, so he could only train on the side and wait for the first batch
of Senzu Beans to arrive.
Vegeta's desire to become stronger was very strong, and he was also frantically adapting to the
super-high gravity.
Finally, after the first batch of Senzu Beans arrived, Lan Mu could begin to increase his Battle
Power.
Month after month passed.
Every time Bulma came over, Lan Mu would give them some time alone together. As for whether
Vegeta and Bulma had any results or not, it was none of Lan Mu's business.
About the second month of training, Vegeta reached Super Saiyan level two with unwillingness and
perseverance, and surpassed Gohan.
He could finally confront Lan Mu head-on, and Lan Mu could finally begin to grow stronger by leaps
and bounds.
At first, Lan Mu was still better, and every time he beat Vegeta to the point that he couldn't take care
of himself.
Then, he gave Vegeta a Senzu Bean, and the two continued to train.
Chapter 737
"I said it was from another universe. If you think my existence is a mistake, you can let Beerus come to me," Lan Mu said indifferently.
Supreme Kai was stunned, thinking that this person was too reckless. Someone actually took the initiative to let Beerus come to him.
Heavens, no one in the entire universe wants to see Beerus. It means destruction and death.
The sentence 'Let Beerus come to me' is equivalent to 'I am tired of living'.
"I know you are very strong, but you don't want to fight the God of Destruction, do you?" Supreme Kai said in surprise.
Lan Mu said with a smile, "Why not try?"
Supreme Kai felt that Lan Mu was unreasonable. He originally wanted to ask him to help deal with Buu, but now he simply gave up.
"We can't interfere with Beerus's schedule, but if you see him, don't provoke him."
After saying that, Supreme Kai left.
Lan Mu took Supreme Kai's advice to heart. However, he was also aware of how strong he was right now.
"Vegeta was already in the top three a few years ago, and now his strength has increased by N times, but he still can't win against me in my normal state."
Chapter 738
Boom! The battle began in an instant. Lan Mu felt the pressure the moment he clashed with Sha Buu. This was an evenly matched opponent.
The crazy collision caused the training planet's climate to rapidly deteriorate. The ground cracked and collapsed everywhere, and dust covered the sky, but was quickly compressed to the surface.
In this dimension's battles, the power of a heaven-destroying and earth-exterminating blow would often be compressed to a very small range. Unless it was done deliberately, the planet would rarely collapse because the punch was too heavy.
Only a part of the dragon balls' punching power was due to acceleration, and most of it came from Ki. Every time he was hit by Sha Buu, he would feel the pain of his cells being crushed and destroyed.
"Vegeta! You have become so strong because you trained with him! Sure enough, only when there is a strong enough opponent can you truly improve! "Goku said excitedly, paying full attention to the battle.
However, Vegeta blocked Goku's line of sight and said, "Because of Buu, our battle hasn't started yet... I have to prove that I have surpassed you! Kakarrot!"
"Huh?" Goku was stunned. He didn't expect that Vegeta would look for him to fight at this time.
Vegeta once again transformed into Super Saiyan III. His so-called Super Saiyan's hair didn't become particularly long like Goku's. His hairstyle was still the same, but his eyebrows had become less obvious, and his brow bone was prominent.
"I have really surpassed you," Vegeta said indifferently.
Do I need to go on? This goes on till 741.

With the amount of copyright infringement that goes on in this series that crosses the boundaries of simply reference or borrowing, it shouldn't be allowed on this wiki.

Also there's another point to be made when the main characters ability is literally just transforming into different fictional characters from different IP's (also self admitted by the synopsis) which also is also important to the plot as it is THE main ability of the main character.

I believe this is sufficient enough.

Spaceman should give his counterpoints and I'll leave this to the staff unless I'm needed. (or unless I'm just needed for the thread in general not too knowledgeable on how staff threads work and if my input is still needed after getting my points across)

Scans are from non-human gene integrated physique.

Last edited:
Starting off, this is the Author's novels are all licensed and legally sold that being the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd. Proof of this can be found in the fact the 3rd Novel has a comic that is licensed in English and is officially published on Webnovel. Even on more officially used sites like Novelupdates, the 4th Novel when it was briefly translated was not classified as fan fiction.

On top of this, the Author's novels abide by The Creative Commons License, which can be seen when someone reported him and he dealt with sed report below. Statement when he was reported for concept theft in regard to SCP (Deepl);
One user reported me for concept theft, where the author used the concept but did not attribute it. The Blue and White Society is an imitation of the Foundation and the shelter is an original Foundation term. I was asked to indicate the source as Foundation in the introduction and book. And also said I violate the CC agreement, I really speechless. Please figure out what the CC agreement is. First of all, not to mention that the Foundation is only protecting the author of the document, and the setting itself is the public use. If I cite it, I naturally indicate the source, but I have not used any of the Foundation's documents, any of the scp, and even personnel classification and project classification, as well as the entire organization's structure, are not the same. Including the definition of shelter, there are my own settings, and they do not match the original settings of the Foundation. In my book, even if it is not called a shelter but a root cause, the whole content will not change. The shelter must be an absolute characteristic, and what is the absolute characteristic. These are not set by the Foundation, I will call this kind of thing shelter, precisely homage to the Foundation, because I did inspired by scp. there are many places about homage, and I have more than once to sell scp, so what? Do I still have to label the setting as originating from the foundation in the blurb and in the book? I'm afraid that if I say that, real scp fans will spray me to death because I wrote something that is completely non-compliant with the Foundation's documentation requirements, and is also non-compliant with the Foundation's setting, and is an unpassable project. Don't insult the CC protocol. Please distinguish between what is an inspiration, what is an adaptation, and what is plagiarism. It's something completely trivial.
The Author does not classify it as fan fiction, and neither does the site it's licensed or published by, so legally this verse is fine and is not at risk of any copyright infringement down the line.

It also does not classify as an FC/OC in sheer popularity, mind you these are collections and favorites, not VIEWS;
1. The Series is composed of 4 Finished Novels all with over 100k Collections on Qidian the best of which hit 300k, and the current ongoing 5th Novel has 100k Favorites.
2. First Novel has 4.357 Million Listeners and 2 Million Individual Listeners in certain chapters.
3. First Novel has 1928 Ratings on QQ.
4. The Official Comic of one of the novels has 576 Ratings and 1M+ Views on Webnovel.
5. Series has an active forum with 5.5k Posts and 1k+ Users.
Meaning it does not break these rules;
The VS Battles Wiki is, first and foremost, a fictional character indexing site. All featured characters in our profiles should originate from actual stories, from works that are reasonably notable or popular outside of versus debating communities. A story includes a plot, a fictional setting, and having a defined canon. At the very least, the setting should be entirely fictional in nature, with no true bearing over the real world.
Do not add any original or fan-made characters to the wiki. If you wish to create any original/fan-made character profiles, feel free to do so in the FC/OC wiki. "Original" here refers to relatively obscure characters from self-contained stories created by members and their friends, whereas "fan-made" refers to ones appearing within fanfiction or works containing a sufficient amount of another piece of fiction's copyrighted material without official permission.
This verse has its own canon, plot, and setting, separate from any other media, and is not infringing on copyright without permission. If you disagree, you can make a lawsuit case against the company that licenses them.

Plus Ant himself stated that it was not a severe case considering it's popular and officially published;
e5cf7efab6e90f943b0bf81bb739e23e.png

Moving on from that, currently, we have plenty of verses on the wiki that follow the same accord, one being Animator vs Animation though I was told it's on thin ice, and the other being SCP ironically enough; https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-3922-extended-test-logs

If you do not know what the above is, it's a log of an SCP interfering with a bunch of narratives such as (Lion King, Batman, Space Jam, Star Wars, Dragon Ball Z, Sponge Bob, Doki Doki Literature Club, and a lot more). If those two are allowed to stick around, then so should this verse, and if this verse is removed the same should be done to them.

Story-wise, the reason all these characters appear is not that they simply EXIST in the author's world, running around and doing whatever. Our fiction is fiction to them as well, they don't exist.
Hearing Bai Ze's impatient words, Lan Mu cleared the search and began to look at what was in the USB drive.

Just the number of years spanned by the time tags was shocking enough. It spanned from 2000 BC to 2015. Since ancient times, all the historical works of countries could be found.

Combined with the type and size and keyword tags, this USB drive could actually search all the cultural works of another world. However, almost all of them were entertainment, such as movies, literature, anime, games…

Most of the things inside were not in this world and should be products of a parallel world.

World famous novels, classic movies, best-selling comics, popular games… Even all the movies released by stars and actresses of different countries were included. This was a cultural search engine of another world!

"Damn! 500TB of doujinshi and short movies? "
Because of his appearance, Lan Mu was 100% sure of one thing. The materialization of the fantasy figurine came from the fantasy data contained in the Super USB drive.

Some of the fantasy characters in the Super USB drive could be found in reality, but there were too many characters that had never been created on Earth or even in other worlds.

The Life Orb transformed into all sorts of non-humans and had no memories, so it was impossible to be 100% certain. However, the Fantasy Figurine had already pointed towards a certain possibility because he had the exact same personality and memories as the character in the novel.

Then, where was the Earth depicted in the countless works in the USB drive?
The only reason any of these characters appear is because of special objects that bring fantasy into reality. As for whether this is related to the verses plot, no, none of the Tier 0, or High 1-A Characters are that tier because of some out-of-verse concept like the Living Tribunal or something. They don't scale to what they perceive as fiction, and the fiction doesn't stick around to influence the story other than for a fun fight.

In any case, my final statement is this. The OP's scans all come from the 1st Novel. So if this thread is agreed upon that's fine, but it should only relate to the 1st Novel. If you say the 1st Novel is past the line and is fan fiction, then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Novels should all be fine as they are most certainly behind the line and do not qualify as fan fiction.

Why do I say that? Because while the 1st Novel has its own original plot, world, systems, and terms, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Novels have at best fun little references and use things under the public domain such as Cthulhu. So if everyone really does have issues with the 1st Novel, then it being banned is fine, however, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th would need their own reasons, otherwise your just banning entire ebooks with no fanfiction attributes, for being related to something that had a few minor appearances.

Other than that, I'm done here.

Starting off, this is the Author's novels are all licensed and legally sold that being the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd. Proof of this can be found in the fact the 3rd Novel has a comic that is licensed in English and is officially published on Webnovel. Even on more officially used sites like Novelupdates, the 4th Novel when it was briefly translated was not classified as fan fiction.

On top of this, the Author's novels abide by The Creative Commons License, which can be seen when someone reported him and he dealt with sed report below. Statement when he was reported for concept theft in regard to SCP (Deepl);

The Author does not classify it as fan fiction, and neither does the site it's licensed or published by, so legally this verse is fine and is not at risk of any copyright infringement down the line.

It also does not classify as an FC/OC in sheer popularity, mind you these are collections and favorites, not VIEWS;

Meaning it does not break these rules;

This verse has its own canon, plot, and setting, separate from any other media, and is not infringing on copyright without permission. If you disagree, you can make a lawsuit case against the company that licenses them.

Plus Ant himself stated that it was not a severe case considering it's popular and officially published;

Moving on from that, currently, we have plenty of verses on the wiki that follow the same accord, one being Animator vs Animation though I was told it's on thin ice, and the other being SCP ironically enough; https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-3922-extended-test-logs

If you do not know what the above is, it's a log of an SCP interfering with a bunch of narratives such as (Lion King, Batman, Space Jam, Star Wars, Dragon Ball Z, Sponge Bob, Doki Doki Literature Club, and a lot more). If those two are allowed to stick around, then so should this verse, and if this verse is removed the same should be done to them.

Story-wise, the reason all these characters appear is not that they simply EXIST in the author's world, running around and doing whatever. Our fiction is fiction to them as well, they don't exist.

The only reason any of these characters appear is because of special objects that bring fantasy into reality. As for whether this is related to the verses plot, no, none of the Tier 0, or High 1-A Characters are that tier because of some out-of-verse concept like the Living Tribunal or something. They don't scale to what they perceive as fiction, and the fiction doesn't stick around to influence the story other than for a fun fight.

In any case, my final statement is this. The OP's scans all come from the 1st Novel. So if this thread is agreed upon that's fine, but it should only relate to the 1st Novel. If you say the 1st Novel is past the line and is fan fiction, then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Novels should all be fine as they are most certainly behind the line and do not qualify as fan fiction.

Why do I say that? Because while the 1st Novel has its own original plot, world, systems, and terms, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Novels have at best fun little references and use things under the public domain such as Cthulhu. So if everyone really does have issues with the 1st Novel, then it being banned is fine, however, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th would need their own reasons, otherwise your just banning entire ebooks with no fanfiction attributes, for being related to something that had a few minor appearances.

Other than that, I'm done here.
IF it's the case that the other 3 novels don't have the same issues. Then I agree with just the removal of the usage of non-human gene integration. Not sure on how staff will view that though.

Last edited:

The fact that he specifically doesnt classify it as fan fiction but is using multiple IPs owned by other companies, licensing them, and making money off of them is a pretty blatant infringement of copyright law. You legally cannot license other people's licensed IPs as your own and you cannot even use them for monetary gain without their express permission. Seeing as he's using Toei stuff like Dragon Ball in particular im legitimately shocked that he hasnt been sued yet.
My guy, there already was a lawsuit in terms of SCP licensing and publication, its the entire reason why SCP exists in the state it does today. It literally had to establish a trademark of its own because a guy in russia tried to steal the entire site and register it as his own intellectual property.
NGL im honestly curious if Ant is aware that SCP is very popular and officially licensed and published as well, because by that logic SCP would not be on the chopping block.

Theres a difference between parody and copyright infringement. In the case of SCP its blatant parody as it is not claiming the other properties as its own characters/settings, it is just, well, parodying them, referencing them sort of like how family guy does. Blue and White taking entire concepts from SCP, changing them very slightly, and giving them a different name and then peddling it as his own work to make money off of is the equivalent of a bootleg cartoon company taking mickey mouse's design, giving him blue pants instead of red, and changing his name to 'Ricky Rat' and trying to sell stuff with that, even if its not identical it is still blatant enough theft and violates copyright law.

Primarily, the issue at hand is not really with just the sheer fact that so much of the content is blatant Copyright infringement to such a perverse degree that could only exist with China's extremely weak copyright laws that it becomes hard to justify its existence.

Because, at what point does the copyright infringement end and the actual content begin? That is to say, how can we know that content isn't stolen from other series and inserted into Xianxia as they have done here with the characters. Furthermore evidenced by the above examples that this isn't even an example like SCP, which is Creepypasta stories ala FBI involvement but instead seems to be intentionally written for Powerscaling, i.e It's content made to pander to us in the community, which is typically a no-no.

This brings up questions on how we Index, do we have an obligation to Index anything regardless of the material within it, or do we retain the standards we keep at the moment with stopping at certain points due to ethical, religious, cultural or other reasons.

The fact that he specifically doesnt classify it as fan fiction but is using multiple IPs owned by other companies, licensing them, and making money off of them is a pretty blatant infringement of copyright law. You legally cannot license other people's licensed IPs as your own without their express permission. Seeing as he's using Toei stuff like Dragon Ball in particular im legitimately shocked that he hasnt been sued yet.
He didn't license them, the company that owns his stuff did. This stuff has been around for over 5+ Years, it would have been taken down if it infringed on anything or the company that serialized his novel would have had him change things. Unless somehow something this popular got overlooked not only by his publishers and company, but by the people who owns the IP's.
My guy, there already was a lawsuit in terms of SCP licensing and publication, its the entire reason why SCP exists in the state it does today. It literally had to establish a trademark of its own because a guy in russia tried to steal the entire site and register it as his own intellectual property.
Ok? I don't get how that's related exactly.
NGL im honestly curious if Ant is aware that SCP is very popular and officially licensed and published as well, because by that logic SCP would not be on the chopping block.
The very reason SCP is not on the chopping block is exactly that it's popular, licensed, and published, Ant and other staff have stated that fact clearly.
Blue and White taking entire concepts from SCP, changing them very slightly, and giving them a different name and then peddling it as his own work to make money off of is the equivalent of a bootleg cartoon company taking mickey mouse's design, giving him blue pants instead of red, and changing his name to 'Ricky Rat' and trying to sell stuff with that, even if its not identical it is still blatant enough theft and violates copyright law.
You're going to have to name one instance where the author claims ownership of anything, or what exactly has been remade and is now making him money.

Last edited:
Because, at what point does the copyright infringement end and the actual content begin?
About a few million words worth.
That is to say, how can we know that content isn't stolen from other series and inserted into Xianxia as they have done here with the characters. Furthermore evidenced by the above examples that this isn't even an example like SCP, which is Creepypasta stories ala FBI involvement but instead seems to be intentionally written for Powerscaling, i.e It's content made to pander to us in the community, which is typically a no-no.
Except it wasn't created for power scaling. I've mentioned it before, but it seems people have become so used to writers being vague, mysterious, and unclear when writing that they believe it's crazy when it's done in the opposite way.

No, the author doesn't just say timelines exist, and then not explain them in-depth using mathematical terms. No, he doesn't just say, oh ya "Information is everything" and then leave what it is specifically to your imagination. If explanations over 860+ Chapters = power scaling then that's just sad.

He didn't license them, the company that owns his stuff did. This stuff has been around for over 5+ Years, it would have been taken down if it infringed on anything or the company that serialized his novel would have had him change things. Unless somehow something this popular got overlooked not only by his publishers and company, but by the people who owns the IP's.

The very reason SCP is not on the chopping block is exactly that it's popular, licensed, and published, Ant and other staff have stated that fact clearly.

You're going to have to name one instance where the author claims ownership of anything, or what exactly has been remade and is now making him money.
To be honest there are instances of qidian serializing and allowing authors to profit from even just straight up fanfiction, so I don't really see that as a fair point to bring up.
Example being here https://book.qidian.com/info/1014953484/?source=m_jump which is behind a literal paywall when the whole plot is going to different worlds of fiction and interacting with the characters. (I've read this as well.). Which just shows how lax they are when it comes to copyright.

To be honest there are instances of qidian serializing and allowing authors to profit from even just straight up fanfiction, so I don't really see that as a fair point to bring up.
Example being here https://book.qidian.com/info/1014953484/?source=m_jump which is behind a literal paywall when the whole plot is going to different worlds of fiction and interacting with the characters. (I've read this as well.). Which just shows how lax they are when it comes to copyright.
Some companies are more lax than others yes

Toei, however, is not one of those companies. They copyright strike everything and hand out C&Ds like candy. There is no feasible way they would let this slide under normal circumstances.

Seeing as he's using Toei stuff like Dragon Ball in particular im legitimately shocked that he hasnt been sued yet.
Probably because of lack of proper translation. Not sure what to think of this as a whole. Looking at the profile with keys like Balrog, Cell and Shukaku it seems pretty apparent but China just seems to work differently. Plagiarism of chinese content happens a lot too. Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms was accused of completely plagiarising another chinese novel called Peach Blossom Debt and it was rewarded with a drama adaptation. It all depends if the site wants to follow China's examples or not. And for author saying its not fanfiction, well fanfiction authors aren't paid as far as I am aware.

So youre telling me that he has express licensing from Toei, Marvel, ONE, Perriot, etc. to use every character of theirs that is presented in this story?
You brought up how if there is an issue with people using SCP in their own licensed works then there should be a lawsuit about it. Im confirming that there already was.
...You literally posted an entire quote from the author where he admitted to taking concepts from SCP, changing them slightly, changing the name, and then using it as his own.

Toei, however, is not one of those companies. They copyright strike everything and hand out C&Ds like candy. There is no feasible way they would let this slide under normal circumstances.
The company that is lax (due to chinese copyright laws) and allows fanfics to be paywalled, serialized, signed and contracted or whatever is the same one that hosts Non-human gene integration.

Meaning this kinda doesn't support Spaceman's claim about it being okay because of it making profit when more egregious offenders make profit as well.

Example being here https://book.qidian.com/info/1014953484/?source=m_jump which is behind a literal paywall when the whole plot is going to different worlds of fiction and interacting with the characters. (I've read this as well.).
Yes, and it is classified as fan fiction, in the fanfiction setting. And being behind a paywall is not the same as being sold or published. Reactors can have their own brand put their reaction to DBZ behind a paywall.

So, because Toei didn't copyright strike it, it is copyright infringement?
..You literally posted an entire quote from the author where he admitted to taking concepts from SCP, changing them slightly, changing the name, and then using it as his own.
And I asked you what specifically he copied. Was it the SCP's themselves, their origins, their powers, their abilities, their cosmology, their systems, their names, their ideas, their logo? Please go to the novel, and point out one thing that was copied and pasted from SCP besides the world Anomalies, which they don't own.

Yes, and it is classified as fan fiction, in the fanfiction setting. And being behind a paywall is not the same as being sold or published. Reactors can have their own brand put their reaction to DBZ behind a paywall.
My point is that if they're fine with serializing and locking a fanfic behind a paywall why wouldn't they be fine with basically doing the same with something that has a bunch of copyright infringements? It's essentially making profit from other IP's which is a big NO

Except one is officially licensed, and the other is not. You are assuming there is an issue in copyright, but cleary it would have been taken down if there was.
You'd have to prove that they got permission from the copyright holders but even then VSBW's rules on crossovers and copyright might not even let this stuff fly either way.
No company is dumb enough to license something that could end up in a lawsuit, at least not as big as Qidian is.
This is more of an issue of them basically being untouchable since they're based in China with the lax copyright and no sane company would want to lose their market in China either. Especially over a novel on Qidian.

So, because Toei didn't copyright strike it, it is copyright infringement?
No, its copyright infringement because the guy is using Toei's characters in his own work and claiming licensing of the work itself, without permission from Toei that is literally illegal, it violates copyright law. The shock comes from the fact that Toei literally copyright strikes everything, even things like Beerus vs Galaxia and Dragon Ball AMVs which are protected under free use/parody laws, there is no way they would let a guy use Dragon Ball characters and settings in his novel series and then license and publish said series as an original work that he owns all rights to
And I asked you what specifically he copied. Was it the SCP's themselves, their origins, their powers, their abilities, their cosmology, their systems, their names, their ideas, their logo? Please go to the novel, and point out one thing that was copied and pasted from SCP besides the world Anomalies, which they don't own.
Boyo he name drops Beerus, Cell, Saitama, Featherine, Naruto, Hulk, etc. Theres a dozen or so copyrighted characters listed in the OP alone.

So this has come down to a legal issue. You two believed it was officially licensed and published, not only in China but in the US, and not sued because Qidian somehow protected it, or the people who own the IPs missed something this popular.

So this has come down to a legal issue. You two believed it was officially licensed and published, not only in China but in the US, and not sued because Qidian somehow protected it, or the people who own the IPs missed something this popular.
You're the one who brought up the legality so I brought up my counter points. Also this kinda just comes to assumptions (that they must know about it and since it's still there then they must allow it) although I did the same it was to show that the argument does go both ways.

You're the one who brought up the legality so I brought up my counter points. Also this kinda just comes to assumptions (that they must know about it and since it's still then they must allow it) although I did the same it was to show that the argument does go both ways.
True, although the series was stated to be released according to CC (Creative Commons), and would further fall under fair-use.

Its moreso due to, as Ultmaster brought up, the fact that China has very different copyright laws from the rest of the world, specifically in that they are very weak and do not really care about the copyright laws the rest of the world has, meaning that anyone operating under the chinese copyright laws can basically steal just about any IP they want and use it as their own and not get in trouble legally. Basically if this series originated from anywhere in the world other than China, it would not legally be allowed to exist.

Its also less about the legality of it and more that as a result of this, the story basically ends up being a massive fanfiction with dozens of stolen characters from other properties mashed together into one verse (Hence my comparison to the Anime War youtube series).

Its also less about the legality of it and more that as a result of this, the story basically ends up being a massive fanfiction with dozens of stolen characters from other properties mashed together into one verse (Hence my comparison to the Anime War youtube series).
You say that, after not reading the novel for yourself. I have an experiment for you, click any chapter randomly and read it through, to see how much of it you can understand since it's all fan fiction. You have to be claiming the entire thing is fanfiction or else it would simply fall under fair-use, as I stated before.

True, although the series was stated to be released according to CC (Creative Commons), and would further fall under fair-use.
I find it weird that something that blatantly infringes on copyright would be allowed that but I'm not too knowledgeable on how CC and China work together (Although I do know they have more lax laws so that could come into play? but don't take my word for this.) . For now though it just depends on VSBW standards and possibly people more knowledgeable on how CC and China collaborate.

You say that, after not reading the novel for yourself. I have an experiment for you, click any chapter randomly and read it through, to see how much of it you can understand since it's all fan fiction. You have to be claiming the entire thing is fanfiction or else it would simply fall under fair-use, as I stated before.
The second he started bringing in characters from other IPs, without express licensing from their respective companies or without classifying the work as fanfiction, it stops falling under fair use. Full stop.

The second he started bringing in characters from other IPs, without express licensing from their respective companies or without classifying the work as fanfiction, it stops falling under fair use. Full stop.
Weird coming from you. Then SCP is also a fanfiction because it uses other IP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back