• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Wasn’t a stronger Broly than the one in Movie 8 overpowered by SSJ2 Gohan, SSJ Goten and SSJ Goku while Janemba was bullying SSJ3 Goku? Broly being the strongest movie villain is extremely questionable.

@Listentomyrhytm yes because Takao Koyama has also said that each movie villain is stronger then the next one, but some argue that his Broly statement is credible because he was the one who was writing the scripts of these films but when you compare feats he's definitely weaker then the last 2 villains to appear in the movies

With the exception of Janemba and Hirudegarn, with Janemba being more powerful due to bullying a SSJ3 Goku who's stated to have the same battle power across those two movies, the general rule is "Every movie villain is stronger than the last".

Koyama says that he couldn't come up with someone stronger than Broly, and that he had to create unorthodox methods of defeating him, but like:

• "10-Day Period" SSJ Goku damn near blows him up with a superpowered punch after receiving energy from the other Z-Fighters.
  • Tenkaichi Budokai SSJ(2?) Gohan, SSJ Goku, and Goten overpowered him in a beam struggle and killed him.
  • And, Post-Tenkaichi Budokai Goku and Pikkon presumably take care of a rampaging Broly in Hell, since we never hear of the events again.

@Nullflowerblush the last example is interesting because today I watched the subbed version of Fusion Reborn and Goku said that Fat Janemba has incredible ki that he's never felt before and then later when fighting Super Janemba he states to Vegeta that he's never fought anyone as powerful as Janemba.
So if we consider the Broly movies to be in the same timeline as Fusion Reborn since Bio Broly implies at the end that Pikkon and Goku take care of Broly's rampages in Hell then Janemba would be stronger

Speaking of the movies one of the main writers of the Dragon Ball movies, Takao Koyama, stated in a few interviews that no one in the anime is stronger then Z Broly and that he is the most powerful villain in the movies aside from Beerus.
What do you all think of this? I personally think that when you compare who Broly fought in comparison to proceeding villains he'd be weaker then Janemba and Hirudegarn
Technicaly, he didn't make all the DB movies IIRC but yeah, Broly being the strongest movie villain can work since they are all in their alternate continuity to begin with.

The only problem would be with Hatchiyak who's directly stated to be stronger than Broly but I'm not sure if he count as movie villain.

That remind me, anyone here ever brought up Koyama directly stating in an interview that Broly can destroy galaxies?

He said that? If so then it helps add consistency to Broly destroying the South Galaxy in a short amount of time in the first Broly movie and as far as I'm concerned, Broly was stated in the Japanese dub a few times to be a threat to the universe

He said that? If so then it helps add consistency to Broly destroying the South Galaxy in a short amount of time in the first Broly movie and as far as I'm concerned, Broly was stated in the Japanese dub a few times to be a threat to the universe
I was wrong, it wasn't Koyama but Shigeyasu Yamauchi but it only make it more credible since it mean we have multiple people who worked on the project telling us basicaly the same thing.

The original interview (it's in french, I'm french so it's why I know of it while it seems not very known around here) : https://www.manga-news.com/index.ph...AOTuRCu7Bh5kw38SVyGYx2Bhk5KUk3so9UHvDWxYQdSrT

'Il peut détruire des galaxies mais est solitaire contrairement à Gokû' My quick translation : 'He can destroy galaxies but is alone unlike Goku'.

Kazenshuu did a translation of the part that talk about Broly destroying galaxies here : https://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42231 , It's pretty accurate.

That kinda give a lot of credence to multi galaxy Broly and that when they said 'South Galaxy' they really did mean 'the south quadrant' IMO. I don't know how you can have a more straightforward statement about galaxy busting. It's also not a very old interview so yeah.

Also, before any of you starts a revision about this, please go to ByAsura's thread about the movies which is kinda stale right now.

oh yeah, aren't they going to be separated by different profiles or something due to all movies not sharing the same continuity? I was looking at that thread but I don't know they want to do about that.
Just remove the feats from the movies that aren't connected or referenced on the anime, pretty much. Starting from those that heavily contradict the timeline.

Having the movies and anime connected was always weird IMO. Pretty much the only one that fit is Garlic Junior and that's because he's straight up part of an arc in the anime.

@Dragomer basically they revive everyone that died due to Moro, the Supreme Kai gives some last words to Uub and goes back to being Majin Buu and it seems Beerus and Whis are going to the Grand Priest in regards to Merus

We could treat it like Slappy, all versions of goku have some of the same basic abilities, and other variating abilities depending on what they show in the movie?

That's literally what I said but "muh too crowded"
Bruh... yes, we can make 8 different profiles that have different keys for Goku normally, but having a profile with keys to make dealing with movie Gokus uncomplicated is just too crowded. Yeah. Honestly just sounds like they don’t want Movie Goku at all.

Wait couldn't we add the movies to the GT page? If GT thinks that some of the movies are part of it's continuity, you could just add them to the GT page and rename the page to something like "Dragon Ball (The Anime)" or something to that.

Actually that seems reasonable.
And if we fold those into GT, it wouldn’t be too much of an issue to add some other profiles since we would need overall-less seperate profiles.

So next DBS manga arc was announced, who wanna bet Granola is a survivor of an erased univers?

Maybe this guy's shtick will be that he is hard to kill but it's gonna be hard to be more unkillable than Buu or Zamasu.

Back