• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Or, or just maybe, Toriyama+ several other showings of lack of power control makes or breaks people in the series? I’m not against what you’re arguing, I personally believe he’s at his peak, but I can see why others may disagree with it
The thing is, being out of control has never equated to fluctuating power in the series. Take Gohan's Great Ape transformation for instance. It remains fixed at 10x his base power, despite being out of control. In fact, being out of control is typically associated with always being at full power (since you're berserk and thus can't limit your power output)

361953785_264093706373215_3433882849265065712_n.jpg

Found this recent meme lmfao

RVJDkoH.png

Need thoughts rq plz
I don’t think we can use future dabura and trunks for scaling og manga, they’re alt timeline versions of the characters 20 years in the future and could be much stronger for all we know., also relies on a hypothetical Gohan post Z sword training having a similar performance vs present dabura as trunks vs future did, which of course never happened.

Doesnt Gohan without Z sword training fare actually better vs present dabura than Trunks ever did? Even if he doesn’t train it’s a fact Trunks should’ve been stronger and still performed worse than Gohan did, meaning that the dabura he faced was stronger either way.

In hindsight, actually, I doubt that Dabura trains at all, considering his title as the King of the Demon Realm, and Babidi has been attempting to gather up the energy to resurrect Buu for over an decade, which seems to suggest that even if he did train, being under Babidi's control, he had little time to.

Another issue is the fact that anime trunks made short work of dabura in ss1 so really it’s also a question why should one continuity scaling take precedence over the other.

Doesnt Gohan without Z sword training fare actually better vs present dabura than Trunks ever did?
Eh?
They performed very similarly.
Even if he doesn’t train it’s a fact Trunks should’ve been stronger and still performed worse than Gohan did, meaning that the dabura he faced was stronger either way.
Dabura was toying with his foe in both instances; in the former case, Dabura admitted to Babidi that he could easily handle Gohan after seeing his strength.
Another issue is the fact that anime trunks made short work of dabura in ss1 so really it’s also a question why should one continuity scaling take precedence over the other.
Trunks mentioned that the battle was "extremely difficult", and that, after being briefly beaten out of his Super Saiyan form, he only "somehow" managed to defeat Dabura via "special instructions" from Supreme Kai and Kibito. Personally, I'm inclined to take the manga's interpretation over the anime's, considering Trunks used Super Saiyan 2 later in the arc, Toriyama illustrated part of "Future Trunks's Past", and Kakarot's Warrior of Hope DLC covers and expands upon its events, which may or may not hold any significance.

Back