• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Yeah, with the time limit, the fight would still over less than 1 minute, even at high-end FTL speed, let alone infinite and immeasurable speed

Also, are we really forget that fighters also rest, talking, and do staring contest in-between the fight. We have staring contest between Goku and Kefla, U7 and U11 at the last period of the tournament, Goku resting two or three time to recover his stamina, some others making pose scene, etc....all of those thing could we add up to 48 minute, unless you claim they also talking, making pose at infinite, immeasurable speed
^ I don’t know why people insist the 48 minutes can’t come from talking or other random stuff and it has to come from fighting

And when the amount of time passing is usually given at the end of an episode it’s usually the amount of time that has passed since the last time they told us so there’s a lot of things other than fighting that go on and for fights they typically don’t tell us how much time passed during that episode anyway like during the goku Vs jiren battle

Last edited:
It's super funny for us to draw arbitrary lines on what and what can't be excused by PIS because 'muh no wank' when I don't think the writers even know what infinite or immeasurable speed is to begin with.

I just imagine one of us explaining this to one of the writers and they just staring at us like 👁 👁
What you described is simply a problem with the standards of the site. You can't logically claim P.I.S to something that fundamentally contradicts what you previously established.

And no, mister red herring, the author doesn't need to know about immeasurable speed for it to count as a legit contradiction. They just need to be aware that they've portrayed a character can move through time. "But that's the same-", no. Just knowing your char moved through time with sheer speed is basic knowledge, you made him do that deliberately, however the implications of the feat created by power scaling is not.

This is why the 48 minute time limit is a PIS for MFTL+ speed, but a legit contradiction to immeasurable speed.

The sheer amount of "argument from ignorance" being applied to Toriyama in this thread is gonna give me a headache. Also the attempt to shift the focus of attention to how it also contradicts MFTL+ and thus we shouldn't consider it a contradiction to immeasurable speed. This is pure desperation to cling on a bad feat that's never replicated again.

I already explain why you can blame writing for one, but not for the other. They're fundamentally different, and MFTL+ has a mountain of evidence vs Immeasurable's single piece of "evidence".

You're not putting both ratings on the same status.

What you described is simply a problem with the standards of the site. You can't logically claim P.I.S to something that fundamentally contradicts what you previously established.

And no, mister red herring, the author doesn't need to know about immeasurable speed for it to count as a legit contradiction. They just need to be aware that they've portrayed a character can move through time. "But that's the same-", no. Just knowing your char moved through time with sheer speed is basic knowledge, you made him do that deliberately, however the implications of the feat created by power scaling is not.

This is why the 48 minute time limit is a PIS for MFTL+ speed, but a legit contradiction to immeasurable speed.
Idgaf about immeasurable speed db but I literally gave an explanation on why T.o.P wouldn’t contradict those type of speeds the 48 minutes aren’t just fighting so it wouldn’t be a PIS for MFTL+ nor contradiction

Idgaf about immeasurable speed db but I literally gave an explanation on why T.o.P wouldn’t contradict those type of speeds the 48 minutes aren’t just fighting so it wouldn’t be a PIS for MFTL+ nor contradiction
No time would have passed, there is always a fight in the arena, and most of the fighters would have immeasurable speed

No time would have passed, there is always a fight in the arena, and most of the fighters would have immeasurable speed
Assuming no time would pass during scenes where they don’t fight would be a weird assumption

Only time, time shouldn‘t pass is during fights but we have no exact confirmation if they do and when we do get told how much time has passed it should include those moments where they speak, rest, pose, stare at each other etc.

Assuming no time would pass during scenes where they don’t fight would be a weird assumption
There is always a fight in the background dude, most of the people in the tournamet would scale to immeasurable speed

Only time, time shouldn‘t pass is during fights but we have no exact confirmation if they do and when we do get told how much time has passed it should include those moments where they speak, rest, pose, stare at each other etc.
While there is an ongoinf fight in the background, in which time shouldn't pass since most of the people in the tournament would scale to immeasurable speed

Nah, U6 vs U7 saga will be like Massively FTL+, Immeasurable with Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x10. I doubt it can be Massively FTL+, Immeasurable with Super Saiyan Blue by the time of Broly Saga, unless we have something indicated that his SSB in Broly Saga is at least x10 stronger than his SSB in U6 vs U7 saga

Nah, U6 vs U7 saga will be like Massively FTL+, Immeasurable with Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x10. I doubt it can be Massively FTL+, Immeasurable with Super Saiyan Blue by the time of Broly Saga, unless we have something indicated that his SSB in Broly Saga is at least x10 stronger than his SSB in U6 vs U7 saga
His SSB in the Future Trunks Saga surpassed his SSB Kaioken x10 in the U6 Saga

The wiki already accepts Base Black on the level of SSJB Vegeta,
which should make Base Goku as strong by the time of the third visit with Vegeta or at least the Zen Exhibition. On top of that he fought a FP Hit with just Blue alone

The wiki already accepts Base Black on the level of SSJB Vegeta,
which should make Base Goku as strong by the time of the third visit with Vegeta or at least the Zen Exhibition. On top of that he fought a FP Hit with just Blue alone
The whole Base Goku thing is entirely unsupported

Because SSJR is confirmed to be as strong as SSJB by Toriyama and Vegeta overpowered Black on trip 3
This was never confirmed, what? And I'm pretty sure the only statement of such a thing is in the manga canon, not the anime canon

There is always a fight in the background dude, most of the people in the tournamet would scale to immeasurable speed

While there is an ongoinf fight in the background, in which time shouldn't pass since most of the people in the tournament would scale to immeasurable speed
I don’t even care about immeasurable speed so I have no idea who would get it nor do I care but there’s not always a fight going on at T.o.P and there’s moments without it

Depends on what’s going on in the background I would need a clip to judge it off of because sometimes characters also do like an attack speak and then fight again

does Goku not scale to Vegeta by the end of the FT Saga?
Wait, I just realized, Base Black and SSJB Vegeta in their first fight would still be Massively FTL+

SSJB Goku doesn't surpass his previous SSJB Kaioken x10 until the final trip to the future

'No mister red herring' lmfao I never took a side on the issue, I was pointing out the disconnect between writer and power scaler and you turned it into.... whatever this post and your next one are.

What's even funnier is watching you clutch your pearls about 'arguments from ignorance' about Toriyama writing the feat when the mfer probably didn't write it to begin with. Toriyama is hilariously uninvolved with the Super anime.

And good job responding to an argument I didn't make lol. I never claimed ToP was a contradiction /PIS or not, I was the neutral post, my post even applies to finite speed because no writer knows wtf 245 septillion cc means

Hell I probably agree with you that immeasurable speed DBS is too inconsistent rn so it's not valid

Last edited:

Just saying at their speeds a minute is like a couple thousand years and that time span is never depicted while they sit and rest or do anything.

Plus Goku being immeasurable makes no sense anyways, Hit can keep up with Goku in speed but still has to utilize the time skip for whatever reason. Then there’s the clear hit being limited by .5s which outright contradicts non finite speed.

Just saying at their speeds a minute is like a couple thousand years and that time span is never depicted while they sit and rest or do anything.
Wdym? Are you saying time doesn’t flow as they sit and rest and talk?

Plus Goku being immeasurable makes no sense anyways, Hit can keep up with Goku in speed but still has to utilize the time skip for whatever reason. Then there’s the clear hit being limited by .5s which outright contradicts non finite speed.
Not arguing for immeasurable speed just saying there wouldn’t be a contradiction I could care less about immeasurable speed

Wdym? Are you saying time doesn’t flow as they sit and rest and talk?
No? I’m saying at their perception and level of speed assuming minutes pass from them sitting down or talking to someone would be THOUSANDS of years in their eyes. The only way for this belief to work is if they used normal levels of speed to rest/talk but then the entire TOP would be over instantly if this is done. It just doesn’t work.

Fusión also wouldn’t run out with unmeasurable speeds and Vegito Blue is outright stronger than SSB KK10 by a million times, and that one is as damning as it gets because he defused mid punch meaning he was using his top combat speed at the time.

Last edited:
Back