• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

No? I’m saying at their perception and level of speed assuming minutes pass from them sitting down or talking to someone would be THOUSANDS of years in their eyes. The only way for this belief to work is if they used normal levels of speed to rest/talk but then the entire TOP would be over instantly if this is done. It just doesn’t work.
You could literally use this logic for any character Goku having conversations with Chi-Chi, Bulma, etc. that doesn’t mean Goku isn’t MFTL+ because he doesn’t get tired of talking to characters and it should be thousands of years passing in his perception

Wait, I just realized, Base Black and SSJB Vegeta in their first fight would still be Massively FTL+

SSJB Goku doesn't surpass his previous SSJB Kaioken x10 until the final trip to the future
right and what I am saying is that if there are statements that give SSJR a SSJB amp then by all means Base Saiyans by the ToP should be around their SSJB forms of the U6vU7 which would make a mere Kaioken x10 on that Immeasurable by this scaling

ToP keys would be Massively FTL+ in Base, Immeasurable with SSJ+

right and what I am saying is that if there are statements that give SSJR a SSJB amp then by all means Base Saiyans by the ToP should be around their SSJB forms of the U6vU7 which would make a mere Kaioken x10 on that Immeasurable by this scaling
None of this actually proves Base Saiyans in the ToP would be Immeasurable. You're saying they'd scale off Base Goku Black, but Base Goku Black would still just be Massively FTL+

You could literally use this logic for any character Goku having conversations with Chi-Chi, Bulma, etc. that doesn’t mean Goku isn’t MFTL+ because he doesn’t get tired of talking to characters and it should be thousands of years passing in his perception
Huh? When Goku’s talking to the regular characters he’s specially talking to them at normal speed. What’re you referring to?
You’re asserting that Goku’s somehow sitting and resting or talking for entire minutes when it leads to a problem in whatever way you interpret it.

He’s actually sitting down for minutes, thousands of years are passing in his perception which makes NO sense.

He’s lowered his perception to the point of regular time flows normally, everyone around him with Mftl++++ or immeasurable speed would instantaneously finish the TOP before he could even blink.

Huh? When Goku’s talking to the regular characters he’s specially talking to them at normal speed. What’re you referring to?
You’re asserting that Goku’s somehow sitting and resting or talking for entire minutes when it leads to a problem in whatever way you interpret it.

He’s actually sitting down for minutes, thousands of years are passing in his perception which makes NO sense.

He’s lowered his perception to the point of regular time flows normally, everyone around him with Mftl++++ or immeasurable speed would instantaneously finish the TOP before he could even blink.
Technically they wouldn’t be able to speak at faster than sound speeds but I guess you could argue in fiction they would be able to but either way if
I was explaining that if Goku can speak to characters who we know are no where close to him in speed in a manner that isn’t FTL or some crazy stuff the same should apply in top

I don’t see why it wouldn’t make sense for Goku to rest for a couple minutes or what purpose how someone views something is equivalent to how long it takes someone to recover their stamina I don’t see what doesn’t make sense about that

No because they’re not fighting all the time it’s that simple if it was non stop combat then yeah I’d agree but it’s not there’s moments where no characters are fighting and moments where characters are just casually speaking to each other

Anyway, at this point idrc about Immeasurable speed DB canon, however i dislike peoples who twisting Goku and Hit feat into other thing because they don't like that, for an instance Goku performed an Immeasurable speed feat. Whenever it is inconsistency, PiS, etc... it still a feat that need to be acknowledged, not using excuses to deny it

Technically they wouldn’t be able to speak at faster than sound speeds but I guess you could argue in fiction they would be able to but either way if
I see the point you’re trying to make but in this case it isn’t the same, one is an inconsistency problem that would come from being so fast and the other is a direct contradiction to a level of speed portrayed.
One is being so fast that you shouldn’t be able to talk at X speed, and another is characters being portrayed as slow enough (despite being at a level of speed capable of traversing through time freely) for normal time being capable of conceiving it.
I was explaining that if Goku can speak to characters who we know are no where close to him in speed in a manner that isn’t FTL or some crazy stuff the same should apply in top

I don’t see why it wouldn’t make sense for Goku to rest for a couple minutes or what purpose how someone views something is equivalent to how long it takes someone to recover their stamina I don’t see what doesn’t make sense about that
Because this is never portrayed, that’s why it’s ridiculous. None of these fights have ever lasted a few minutes in real time, but I’m supposed to believe Goku is sitting down for entire minutes (not stated) which would equate to THOUSANDS of years for all the other fighters or even infinite amount of time for other top tiers. Even if you assume they’re just light speed, a single minute would be almost 50 years, now with our accepted speed that’d reach trillions of years. See how ridiculous that is? So for all of these fights not to end the very moment Goku drops his speed makes this even more unreasonable.
No because they’re not fighting all the time it’s that simple if it was non stop combat then yeah I’d agree but it’s not there’s moments where no characters are fighting and moments where characters are just casually speaking to each other
But they almost always are. When Goku is supposedly “resting” fights are still taking place, when he’s in the middle of talking to people he’s caught off guard by someone trying to attack him. Ofc this person isn’t running at Goku below supersonic speeds, yet Goku can still interact and react to them.

The only answer to this is that Goku and any other fighter is always at a level of speed capable of intercepting others around them, even when they’re doing basic actions such as talking to different people. Who in their right mind would drop to human speed when they’re surrounded by dozens of fighters moving at speed so much superior to them you literally cant count to them in your entire lifetime? It doesn’t make sense and will never make sense. In No situation is this not PIS or a direct contradiction to any level of speed presented on the site, if anything it completely invalidates them with immeasurable being nothing but a fever dream.

Who Shiba???
Strongest character in Naruto. An Otsutsuki (A race of aliens that are the God tiers in Naruto) that became so powerful that he ascended to a higher dimension and has access to every Otsutsuki ability. Aside from upscaling from every feat in Naruto he is basically featless. But wankers treat the "higher dimension" as Uni+

Shibai Otsutsuki, wanked Boruto character who is said to have ascended to a higher dimension and cast aside his physical form
Strongest character in Naruto. An Otsutsuki (A race of aliens that are the God tiers in Naruto) that became so powerful that he ascended to a higher dimension and has access to every Otsutsuki ability. Aside from upscaling from every feat in Naruto he is basically featless. But wankers treat the "higher dimension" as Uni+
Oh...? Another vague so called higher dimensional supreme being that's nigh-featless yet due to "lore" and UES/upscaling is essentially a composite of the entire verse?

Seriously is this some kind of fixed trope to writing "god" like this?

Is it possible to calc to power of the spirit bomb in relation to power levels in the namek saga? Like how we can determine how strong the Kamehameha amps Goku?
Nah we can’t, the Spirit Bomb did as much damage to Freeza as Goku’s kamehameha did, it’s not that much more powerful.

Eeeeeeh, the Kamehameha burned his hand some and the Spirit Bomb blasted him enough to where for a moment opening his eye seemed a bit rough and he lost part of his tail. I'd say the spirit bomb is probably a bit stronger than the Kamehameha.

That being said, it's vague and not particularly able to be calc'd in comparison to other power levels at the time.

Question. I saw that Goku has a super hero key in his profile based on toriyamas statement bout him being equal to orange piccolo.

Why doesn't Broly have a super hero Key despite being the same case as Goku, where toriyamas gave us an answer to his current levels of power? Or do you people believe Broly movie Broly is the Broly toriyama was referencing, despite evidence not being in support of it?

Question. I saw that Goku has a super hero key in his profile based on toriyamas statement bout him being equal to orange piccolo.

Why doesn't Broly have a super hero Key despite being the same case as Goku, where toriyamas gave us an answer to his current levels of power? Or do you people believe Broly movie Broly is the Broly toriyama was referencing, despite evidence not being in support of it?
Scaling superhero is a headache because the only frame of reference are statements comparing cell to broly under the assumption he’d be complete but actually isn’t, I say even scaling him above MUI from the ToP is faulty because Freeza demonstrates how hard of a boost just having proper control of one’s power can be, being originally below U6 tourney SSB and jumping all the way to start of ToP SSB tier, which is anywhere between 10s of thousands of times to millions of times stronger JUST by mental training alone.

Scaling superhero is a headache because the only frame of reference are statements comparing cell to broly under the assumption he’d be complete but actually isn’t
The thing is, though...

Cell Max's power was stated to be complete. All that was missing was the mind control. So logically, he would have the same level of power that Broly would be unable to defeat

Scaling superhero is a headache because the only frame of reference are statements comparing cell to broly under the assumption he’d be complete but actually isn’t, I say even scaling him above MUI from the ToP is faulty because Freeza demonstrates how hard of a boost just having proper control of one’s power can be, being originally below U6 tourney SSB and jumping all the way to start of ToP SSB tier, which is anywhere between 10s of thousands of times to millions of times stronger JUST by mental training alone.
It is not, there is even a statement that supports this, as Piccolo is in the same league as Goku and Vegeta, both of them climb absurdly well above their top and close versions, Jiren.

The thing is, though...

Cell Max's power was stated to be complete. All that was missing was the mind control. So logically, he would have the same level of power that Broly would be unable to defeat
No, it’s stated that if he had mind control Broly would be unable to defeat him and having mind control is recurrently established to be a significant amp over just raw power + no control, even during the movie Jiren is touted as having such incredible power because he could focus it better than everyone else in the ToP, something a creature like cell max would be unable to, Freeza has an effective amp close to 10s of thousands his previous peak just through mental training and focus whilst unable to physically train in hell, kale is noted to have grown stronger than her berserk state because she managed to control the rage coming with it.

Cell max with mind control program is an hypothetical character who could very well be tens of thousands of times to millions of times stronger than his mindless state we see in the movie fighting everyone.

It is not, there is even a statement that supports this, as Piccolo is in the same league as Goku and Vegeta, both of them climb absurdly well above their top and close versions, Jiren.
Being in the same league is ambiguous as it gets, we can’t even tell for sure if UI and MUI are forms Goku can readily use outside the manga which has disjoint continuity and scaling compared to the anime, or that if Goku and Vegeta are actually in the same league when the latter presumably only has SSBE, meaning that even though they’re in the same league in Toriyamas eyes their powers are very likely not even close to one another at their peak.

No, it’s stated that if he had mind control Broly would be unable to defeat him and having mind control is recurrently established to be a significant amp over just raw power + no control, even during the movie Jiren is touted as having such incredible power because he could focus it better than everyone else in the ToP, something a creature like cell max would be unable to, Freeza has an effective amp close to 10s of thousands his previous peak just through mental training and focus whilst unable to physically train in hell, kale is noted to have grown stronger than her berserk state because she managed to control the rage coming with it.

Cell max with mind control program is an hypothetical character who could very well be tens of thousands of times to millions of times stronger than his mindless state we see in the movie fighting everyone.
His power was flat-out stated in the movie to be complete. Cell Max is not Frieza or Kale, and the Jiren example is irrelevant as it just has to do with him releasing his power at the right time. Plus, Beast Gohan vs. Cell Max was stated to be the strongest battle in history.

I don't think I need to say more on this matter

Idk, Aguila kinda cooking. It’s not said he was superior to broly normally, it’s said with control over his mind he would beat Broly.
Then there’s scenes where the Gamas can stagger Cell max despite them being unable to budge OP with a punch, then they go and show Cell max competing with that same Piccolo and dominating him.

The thing is, though...

Still funny to me out of the Z era multi-form villain trio, Cell got done so dirty compared to his contemporaries in DBS:

*Frieza got TWO get out of Hell cards (RoF and ToP), got two new forms and is freely terrorizing U7 with his new empire.

*Buu's evil side got reincarnated on Earth (Uub) with the potential to become one of the strongest mortals in existence while his good side lives a happy life with Mr Satan and can even awaken the Dai Kaioshin within him.

Meanwhile...

Cell is still in Hell with the closest thing to him getting "revived" being a mindless monster created in his imagine via the RR army that quickly got defeated after being unleashed.

On the brightside at least his kids are living a free and healthy life with Uncle 17 lol!

EDiT: I'm almost forgot, Cell killed significantly less people than Buu or Frieza yet he's the only one that's still dead bruh...

Last edited:
Still funny to me out of the Z era multi-form villain trio, Cell got done so dirty compared to his contemporaries in DBS:

*Frieza got TWO get out of Hell cards (RoF and ToP), got two new forms and is freely terrorizing U7 with his new empire.

*Buu's evil side got reincarnated on Earth (Uub) with the potential to become one of the strongest mortals in existence while his good side lives a happy life with Mr Satan and can even awaken the Dai Kaioshin within him.

Meanwhile...

Cell is still in Hell with the closest thing to him getting "revived" being a mindless monster created in his imagine via the RR army that quickly got defeated after being unleashed.

On the brightside at least his kids are living a free and healthy life with Uncle 17 lol!

EDiT: I'm almost forgot, Cell killed significantly less people than Buu or Frieza yet he's the only one that's still dead bruh...
They should have brought back Cell. It narratively made sense. Frieza was looking for a partner at the end of DBS Broly because he was tired of 1 vs 2. Cell would have been the perfect match. Cell and Frieza always showed good chemistry in non canon materials like Fighter Z, GT or Anime Filler.

They should have brought back Cell. It narratively made sense. Frieza was looking for a partner at the end of DBS Broly because he was tired of 1 vs 2. Cell would have been the perfect match. Cell and Frieza always showed good chemistry in non canon materials like Fighter Z, GT or Anime Filler.
The super roast fest with a fighting minigame on the side had some of the best writing in any Dragon Ball material, tho Frizea and Cell double teaming on poor Yamcha with Nappa and (unintentionally) Goku joining in on the roast with Krillin silently watching is one of my personal favourite cutscenes.

Idk, Aguila kinda cooking. It’s not said he was superior to broly normally, it’s said with control over his mind he would beat Broly.
The cooking is burning the kitchen. Dr. Hedo says Cell Max’s power is complete
Then there’s scenes where the Gamas can stagger Cell max despite them being unable to budge OP with a punch, then they go and show Cell max competing with that same Piccolo and dominating him.
You and I both know this doesn’t mean anything when even Krillin is staggering Cell Max

Dr. Hedo said Cell Max was only missing a mind control program / a program to control Cell Max and not Cell Max having control over himself/gaining intelligence.

Edit: Seems the manga version says something different

nvm

Last edited:
With Frieza’s potential and Saiyans generic structure Cell would easily become the strongest thing in the Universe. I mean even Togama could become Buu level just from being beat up for a couple months and he’s never noted to be something special. Saiyans which are explicitly said to be the strongest fighting force in the Universe+Friezas potential is just crazy.

Back