• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I have to agree with Luffy. I think Hit's got multiple methods of manipulating time, it's just that all of them are related to his "skip".
To my understanding Hit's Time Skip is the basis for everything else because he stores up the Time he skips for every other ability he uses. He turns time itself into a resource that he consumes for his abilities. If he skips 10 seconds he can then use those 10 seconds on something else (Such as 10 seconds of Time Stop, consume 10 seconds of time to make a pocket dimension for 10 seconds to phase into, etc).

Hit has shown he can use this ability on himself (skipping his own time forward and collecting that temporal energy for other powers), on the entire spacetime (to freeze time), as an attack (his Time sphere against Jiren) and localised on specific targets (Using Time Cage in the anime and Time Lag in the manga on Jiren only.) It's unclear if Time Cage also stores up the skipped time on his target (since it's described as spamming Time Skip on Jiren) but he can at least collect his own skipped time.

How much time Hit can consume at once seems to scale with his own training and adaptation with it. At first he consumed 0.1 Seconds of time to skip forward 0.1 seconds into the future but he upgrades this over his fight with Goku, his last stated quantity is 0.5 seconds in a single Time Skip, so he gains 0.5 seconds each time he uses the ability. Presumably with preptime he can spam Time Skip on himself to store up time ahead of fights but I don't think he did that when he first fought Goku (hence only discovering he can freeze time after spamming Time Skip against Goku).

So technically Hit's Time Power is limited. VS Goku he seems to build it up over time via Time Skip but when he rematches Goku he stored up the resource ahead of time. In the ToP I suspect he didn't get to store up that much time before it started so he had a slow start. Notably, his Time orb against Jiren likely scales in potency with how much time he consumes to make it. The one against Jiren was made by skipping Jiren's time constantly for less than a minute. If Hit had more time it would have grown stronger and stronger.

Honestly most of that was just my conjecture and interpretation. Probably not usable for the wiki.

Last edited:
I don’t think Hit has time stop in his fight with Goku, and the only reason Goku could predict hit was because he wasn’t fast enough to land any decent blows in .1s subsonic hit downgrade 😭

I don’t think Hit has time stop in his fight with Goku, and the only reason Goku could predict hit was because he wasn’t fast enough to land any decent blows in .1s subsonic hit downgrade 😭
in .2s he was able to get a crazy barrage of hits lmao, and at his speed? To many to count

in .2s he was able to get a crazy barrage of hits lmao, and at his speed? To many to count
But I could count the blows, in .1s all he could do was travel to Goku. He couldn’t even land a blow that’s how Goku reacted to him.
With double the timeframe he could travel twice the distance, to Goku and land several blows.

Regardless, it sucks.

Bro like look at this video, hit can stop time on people, seems for a relatively decent time frame also. It's just weird when people refer to time skip as "time stop". So it is a multitude of abilities that he can use, here he can use his alternate dimension/phantom. So it seems "time skip" will always be reference even when he's not actually using time skip, so for every subset ability he uses that is derived from the original technique, it will always be called time skip no matter what. So now wtf is he doing here?? Is that time skip? Because we know he used that on vegeta and it was referenced as time skip before any other abilities were introduced.

But I could count the blows, in .1s all he could do was travel to Goku. He couldn’t even land a blow that’s how Goku reacted to him.
With double the timeframe he could travel twice the distance, to Goku and land several blows.

Regardless, it sucks.
yeah just weird scaling regardless, best to be ignored

Just a question, did your profiles previously appear on the vsbttles badge side as well? But now for some reason it disappeared, I use a cell phone to talk to you ;-;

Just looked at some fights and… Hit and Goku scared Champa with a glare and made him sit down.
Beerus was visually shocked when Goku said he was gonna use KKx10 against him and was visually concerned.

Just looked at some fights and… Hit and Goku scared Champa with a glare and made him sit down.
Beerus was visually shocked when Goku said he was gonna use KKx10 against him and was visually concerned.
Yes, and Vegeta claims to Beerus that he has never known the terror of kaioken ( Vegeta still remembers the beating he took from Goku with kaioken)

I am but a blue name regular user, you honestly believe i can gate keep anything? dude being rude for no reason, take a chill pill dude
You need to work on your humor radar because the entire post was based around me calling you as many g words as I can. I ran out after three because i couldn't think of anymore. I can call you a silly goose but I feel like that's going a little too far.

Back