• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

If it's accepted that Freeza killed Gas in base form then the scaling chain would look like:

Black Freeza > Golden Freeza >>>> Base Freeza >> Gas >> TUI Goku = UE Vegeta ~ Granolah

Meaning Base Freeza could have easily killed TUI Goku and UE Vegeta, he was purely flexing with his Black form. That also would hard confirm that Black Freeza's power is...well, we probably didn't even see a fraction of a percent of it. Golden is something like an SSB-level boost and then Black is unquantifiably above that.
nah frieza killed gas in his black form, just saw the screenshots

Don't know what i was expecting, i mean why should universal statements matter right? Its not like its backed up at all by guide books and various other characters. Shouldn't be surprised, when on this site we needed 4000 data book statements to confirm solar system cell 😂

Don't know what i was expecting, i mean why should universal statements matter right? Its not like its backed up at all by guide books and various other characters. Shouldn't be surprised, when on this site we needed 4000 data book statements to confirm solar system cell 😂
Worse than yes, this is really exhausting.

Look when he stabs gas, his skin is black, how do you explain that.
Does it really matter? Gas was already done for, Frieza just accelerated the process (Overkill).

Ofc the real reason is one character is among the most iconic anime villains of all time while the other might as well be a filler character (plus wouldn't sell as much merch).

Look when he stabs gas, his skin is black, how do you explain that.
It isn't. Glance at his arms. They are white when Black Freeza's arms are black. His hands are also white when Black Freeza's hands are a shiny black. What you are seeing there are speedlines. You can even check between his shoulders and arms, they're the same color when Black Freeza's arms are black and his shoulders are white.

The better argument would be the shot before he strikes Gas where you see his arms appear black from shading but that would be weak because his back doesn't resemble his Black form, again compare the shoulders to his back. the black part of Black Freeza's back is smooth and extends further down than his shoulders whereas you can see white armor next to his shaded back in that shot.

So his aura is like his base form, not his Black form, and his arms and hands are white when his Black form has black arms and shiny black hands. And their backs don't line up either. The only proper argument I see here would be that Freeza turned Black and reverted so fast that it wasn't shown on-panel, which I'll admit is possible given Vegeta's explanation on power control recently.

Does it really matter? Gas was already done for, Frieza just accelerated the process (Overkill).

Ofc the real reason is one character is among the most iconic anime villains of all time while the other might as well be a filler character (plus wouldn't sell as much merch).
He wasn't. Vegeta even states Gas was being kept alive by the wish and multiple sources have stated Freeza killed Gas with that blow.

Either way I'll leave my own thoughts at that.

Why did you even propose 2-C lol
i changed it back to 3-A since that was what most people thought was inconsistent, 2-C was the highest interpretation, but still, arguments were blatantly ignored, doesnt make sense for universal destruction at buu's speed on a span of 75,000 years max to be anything below 3-B but whatever.

Don't know what i was expecting, i mean why should universal statements matter right? Its not like its backed up at all by guide books and various other characters.
I mean, It could also be that you arguments are just not very good.
Shouldn't be surprised, when on this site we needed 4000 data book statements to confirm solar system cell 😂
Yeah, that's kinda cringe.

I mean, ki should be at least as dense as air and piccolo could shoot a relativistic beam all the way to the moon, that’s like class T.

bro BASE frieza one shot an amped gas, theres no way in hell frieza isn't the strongest in the multiverse lmao, i think black frieza one shots beerus.

im still kind go skeptical of it though, i mean i guess the aura is different, so its probably just the shading, because im pretty sure goku and vegeta would have saw his new form if he transformed to kill gas, but the first time he introduced it was to goku and vegeta, hence why they were surprised.

1. Pronounced eyebrows
2. The parts that are white on Black Frieza are lighter when he kills Gas
3. Goku and Vegeta were shocked when it happened so its not of question that they sensed his power momentarily skyrocket

He actually went black freiza

I disagree that this is Black Frieza.
  • Firstly, in the panel where Frieza is impaling Gas with his hand, you can see multiple areas on his body that are white, such as closer to his left wrist, his right lung, his right arm and wrist, and the right side of his head (if we were in Frieza's POV, that is). Black Frieza only has hints of a white color on his torso, the only matching description of which being his right lung. However, despite that, we can see that there are other white spots on him in the panel of him impaling Gas.
  • And secondly, in the panel where we see a shot of Gas in shock of his body having been impaled, Frieza is completely white. You could argue that this is him detransforming into his base form, but all of these panels are happening in rapid succession of each other, and considering how we see those specific spots of white on Frieza in the panel where he was impaled, it's more feasible to assume that he simply remained in his base form, rather than transforming, impaling Gas, and then detransforming immediately after.

I disagree that this is Black Frieza.
  • Firstly, in the panel where Frieza is impaling Gas with his hand, you can see multiple areas on his body that are white, such as closer to his left wrist, his right lung, his right arm and wrist, and the right side of his head (if we were in Frieza's POV, that is). Black Frieza only has hints of a white color on his torso, the only matching description of which being his right lung. However, despite that, we can see that there are other white spots on him in the panel of him impaling Gas.
  • And secondly, in the panel where we see a shot of Gas in shock of his body having been impaled, Frieza is completely white. You could argue that this is him detransforming into his base form, but all of these panels are happening in rapid succession of each other, and considering how we see those specific spots of white on Frieza in the panel where he was impaled, it's more feasible to assume that he simply remained in his base form, rather than transforming, impaling Gas, and then detransforming immediately after.
i agree

1. Pronounced eyebrows
2. The parts that are white on Black Frieza are lighter when he kills Gas
3. Goku and Vegeta were shocked when it happened so its not of question that they sensed his power momentarily skyrocket
wait so you think its base frieza who killed gas correct?

Honestly, it's hard to tell. The speed lines obscuring most of Frieza's body doesn't really help either. Though, you CAN see a decent amount of his wrist. . .brace. . .thing, which isn't obscured by speed lines, and it's pure white in color, whereas Black Frieza's are not.

This could be some sort of inconsistency, too.

i think it might be black frieza,
This is the best evidence for it being Black Freeza but it would mean the colorist screwed up with the aura not being correct and his white arm and hands. There is also the possibility that Toyotaro screwed up and drew Black Freeza's legs by mistake.

My headcanon is that this is just Freeza transforming and reverting really really fast so he's between forms in this shot. It'd explain the inconsistencies in the coloring and design.

This is the best evidence for it being Black Freeza but it would mean the colorist screwed up with the aura not being correct and his white arm and hands. There is also the possibility that Toyotaro screwed up and drew Black Freeza's legs by mistake.

My headcanon is that this is just Freeza transforming and reverting really really fast so he's between forms in this shot. It'd explain the inconsistencies in the coloring and design.
yeah idk, i wish they just made it easy to tell apart, not make us have to do a whole analysis to find out

Back