• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

My question had very a very high idea of "significant change" in mind

This is not one of those
Yes it is, the whole reason freeza considered blowing up the planet was to escape since he knew vegeta and the others would have died, no that means that he would not have done that

Yes it is, the whole reason freeza considered blowing up the planet was to escape since he knew vegeta and the others would have died, no that means that he would not have done that
Don't think we can say for sure he knew since he'd only ever seen two other Super Saiyans in person and near ground level

FvaLmpUWwAA0fX9
funniest thing I've seen today

This is why I can't take the saiyans seriously. I don't care how strong Goku, Vegeta or Gohan get when I know in the back of my head that 1st Form Freeza could murder all of them on a whim with a drive-by planetary detonation while their guard is down.
Piccolo FRA

This is why I can't take the saiyans seriously. I don't care how strong Goku, Vegeta or Gohan get when I know in the back of my head that 1st Form Freeza could murder all of them on a whim with a drive-by planetary detonation while their guard is down.
Holdup, Goku can sense Frieza in his sleep from like half 12 planets away, how's he gonna do that?

Holdup, Goku can sense Frieza in his sleep from like half 12 planets away, how's he gonna do that?
Same way Super Saiyan Goku on Namek somehow let a half-dead Freeza using around half his strength nearly blow up Namek. And while it's true Freeza didn't destroy Namek instantly not only is Earth a much smaller and fragile planet but Freeza had no intention of destroying Namek instantly with Goku even stating that Freeza could have easily fired a second blast, implying he wouldn't be able to stop even that.

Granted, this is 50% Freeza against SS1 Goku but given this fine performance I don't see Farmer Goku reacting to a random Death Beam piercing the Earth's core from outer space.

Saiyan's not being able to breathe in space annoys me so much. Because any villain that can breathe in space (which is a lot actually almost all of them) can kill them with no effort so the plot has to dumb them down.

Moro is a good example of this. Like Vegeta was gonna blow up the planet when he first arrived so either he was gonna kill himself or some how get to the space pod that wasn't destroyed by the blast.

Saiyan's not being able to breathe in space annoys me so much. Because any villain that can breathe in space (which is a lot actually almost all of them) can kill them with no effort so the plot has to dumb them down.

Moro is a good example of this. Like Vegeta was gonna blow up the planet when he first arrived so either he was gonna kill himself or some how get to the space pod that wasn't destroyed by the blast.
I snorted when I saw Vegeta remind Goku that they couldn't breathe in space and they had to stay on-planet like children while Moro fought the Grand Supreme Kai and Merus. You'd think since the issue was brought up they would have developed a technique or even resorted to asking Bulma to make some sort of tech to help them fight in space but nope.

Despite countless years of training and fighting increasingly powerful opponents...the Freeza that destroyed their homeworld and entire race nearly 50 years prior could camp in space and destroy everything they care about, including them, with a single well-placed Death Beam at night when they're fast asleep. Gohan Beast, Ultra Instinct Goku, Ultra Ego Vegeta, The Legendary Broly? They could all die to the power of 530,000 that blew up Planet Vegeta when they go to sleep and Freeza takes the shot.

To me it's just pretty pathetic. Normally limits like that can make for better writing (Most mainstream anime example being JoJo) but their inability to survive in space just means other characters need to be dumber, chaotic or have some sort of sense of pride that stops them from just doing it. Not to mention it horribly limits the variety of action, we could have Goku blitzing through the universe busting through planets and stars against Beerus, Freeza, Broly, etc but that one weakness makes that impossible.

tl;dr - Saiyans are dumb and nonthreatening when they can't survive in space.

I snorted when I saw Vegeta remind Goku that they couldn't breathe in space and they had to stay on-planet like children while Moro fought the Grand Supreme Kai and Merus. You'd think since the issue was brought up they would have developed a technique or even resorted to asking Bulma to make some sort of tech to help them fight in space but nope.

Despite countless years of training and fighting increasingly powerful opponents...the Freeza that destroyed their homeworld and entire race nearly 50 years prior could camp in space and destroy everything they care about, including them, with a single well-placed Death Beam at night when they're fast asleep. Gohan Beast, Ultra Instinct Goku, Ultra Ego Vegeta, The Legendary Broly? They could all die to the power of 530,000 that blew up Planet Vegeta when they go to sleep and Freeza takes the shot.

To me it's just pretty pathetic. Normally limits like that can make for better writing (Most mainstream anime example being JoJo) but their inability to survive in space just means other characters need to be dumber, chaotic or have some sort of sense of pride that stops them from just doing it. Not to mention it horribly limits the variety of action, we could have Goku blitzing through the universe busting through planets and stars against Beerus, Freeza, Broly, etc but that one weakness makes that impossible.

Basically it a hurts the action and show as a whole . A lot more of people would believe Goku is strong as he actually is if they fought in space.

It's surprising tho is the fact it's probably one of the most consistent things about the show.

If only Toriyama had enough time to make Broly fight Gogeta on Sun...

My brain is hurting from how gaining resistances and getting stronger in battle with both in conjunction isn’t RE and only adaptation and ad I get AD but AD and gaining resistances via adaptation is word for word RE

It’s 1:1 I think there will be competent staff who see flaws in the logic and agree to RE
For Goku you might be able to use him tanking Zamasu Absolute lighting for a supporting feat.

This reminds me is the light novel or manga version of the Broly movie canon to the anime profiles we have?
The Light Novel, to my memory, was accepted as canon to the movie since it just describes and slightly expands on scenes (Freeza vs Broly, dimension feats, etc). There is no real 'manga' version besides...two pieces drawn by Toyotaro that might imply events differed but we'll never know how.

So yeah the anime and manga versions both just use the actual Movie and the LN.

The Light Novel, to my memory, was accepted as canon to the movie since it just describes and slightly expands on scenes (Freeza vs Broly, dimension feats, etc). There is no real 'manga' version besides...two pieces drawn by Toyotaro that might imply events differed but we'll never know how.

So yeah the anime and manga versions both just use the actual Movie and the LN.
Well if that's the case

"Gogeta pursued him instantly, and drove a fist packed with enough ki straight into Broly's stomach. As Broly is blown away, he moves in and lands another hit. He then accelerates and drives a fist charged with compressed ki into him.

Entrapped by Gogeta's ki, Broly's body starts trembling as if electrocuted and rises into the air. Together with a shout, Gogeta detonates all the ki that was gathered inside of Broly's body. The pale energy that was seeping out of Broly's body caused a giant explosion."

This looks it could be added as a ability

Well if that's the case

"Gogeta pursued him instantly, and drove a fist packed with enough ki straight into Broly's stomach. As Broly is blown away, he moves in and lands another hit. He then accelerates and drives a fist charged with compressed ki into him.

Entrapped by Gogeta's ki, Broly's body starts trembling as if electrocuted and rises into the air. Together with a shout, Gogeta detonates all the ki that was gathered inside of Broly's body. The pale energy that was seeping out of Broly's body caused a giant explosion."

This looks it could be added as a ability
Hmm, wouldn't this fall under Vegeta's Dirty Fireworks? Just mixed with Goku's God Bind to paralyse Broly?

Hmm, wouldn't this fall under Vegeta's Dirty Fireworks? Just mixed with Goku's God Bind to paralyse Broly?
It seems more advanced than that.

Gogeta charges ki punches you which than paralysis you and also zaps. Than explodes the ki he put inside you. Dirty Fireworks doesn't work like that

Do you guys think Beast and Orange will have a unique gimmick similar to UI and UE? Or do y'all think they'll just be simple power ups?
I honestly doubt it. For starters I'm not sure if they could even do anything unique about Beast so it wouldn't be very interesting ability-wise. As for Orange, I really badly want Piccolo to gain Reality Warping via Shenron's power but he would have shown that off in the movie already, unless Toyotaro changes a lot or Piccolo just needs to train the form to gain its actual abilities.

Back