• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I'm a bit confused about the Dragon Ball universes being infinitely sized. I know that there are statements saying that there're countless stars or an infinitely expanding one. But it's been established by Toriyama himself that the universes basically function as a giant ball. If there's a shape for the universe that is contained within it, wouldn't that naturally mean it can't be infinite in size? It seems rather confusing and contradictory.
Really hard to visualize an infinite universe with infinite contents, no?

They HAVE to visualize it as a bubble to show multiple separate space-time continuums

Really hard to visualize an infinite universe with infinite contents, no?
The very concept of infinity can't be placed into a specific space, though, that's my point. So if universes were shaped in a specific way and shown to have a specific portion of size within it, that naturally discredits the idea that the universe's size is infinite. And the afterlife isn't specifically a separate dimension: it's just a part of the universe that exists above the living world. There were several images shown that supports the idea the universe is spherical, like when Whis is explaining the other universes or when Beerus reveals Zeno is the ruler of the multiverse.

I'm a bit confused about the Dragon Ball universes being infinitely sized. I know that there are statements saying that there're countless stars or an infinitely expanding one. But it's been established by Toriyama himself that the universes basically function as a giant ball. If there's a shape for the universe that is contained within it, wouldn't that naturally mean it can't be infinite in size? It seems rather confusing and contradictory.
We might as well downgrade the DC Universe accordingly since their Universe looks like a pizza, lol

The very concept of infinity can't be placed into a specific space, though, that's my point. So if universes were shaped in a specific way and shown to have a specific portion of size within it, that naturally discredits the idea that the universe's size is infinite. And the afterlife isn't specifically a separate dimension: it's just a part of the universe that exists above the living world. There were several images shown that supports the idea the universe is spherical, like when Whis is explaining the other universes or when Beerus reveals Zeno is the ruler of the multiverse.
The afterlife is separated by space-time, there is a dimensional barrier separating the two sides.

Well, I'm just gonna wait for the day till somebody downgrades DB again. Cuz it's gonna happen. It always does.

Besides, most of the evidence comes from Daizenshu, and this site has always been contradictory on when to use guidebooks for Dragon Ball.

Well, I'm just gonna wait for the day till somebody downgrades DB again. Cuz it's gonna happen. It always does.
You should be happy with DB being infinite in size, as this will never happen again, and we also have several quotes saying it is infinite, whether in space, dark or light, but also as the galaxies are infinite, we have more than three citations of galaxies stating such a thing, it is practically impossible for this to happen, but if it happens or the person will make up a bunch of shit about DB only having 4 Galaxies or quoting that it's a hyperbole like a certain person there

Visuals argument already got debunked during the upgrade thread
Dude, I've been on this site long enough to know nothing lasts. Somebody's gonna bring up the contradictions or the fact it's from anime sources or something like that. I just want things to stay consistent, but this wiki always disappoints me.

yeah visuals arguments are weird and no sense

The only thing that DB lacks and ihmo it would 100% cement it ((( No amount of anti feats would ever change that))), is a statement from Akira or maybe Toyo.

You got Mr. Koyama who confirmed the stuff from the guidebooks - which is better than nothing; still good if you want to strengthen your point - but a legit Akira or even Toyo statement would be gold.

The only thing that DB lacks and ihmo it would 100% cement it ((( No amount of anti feats would ever change that))), is a statement from Akira or maybe Toyo.

You got Mr. Koyama who confirmed the stuff from the guidebooks - which is better than nothing; still good if you want to strengthen your point - but a legit Akira or even Toyo statement would be gold.
Akira toriyama could answer his fans questions and Toyotaro too (although Toyotaro only answers questions that nobody wanted to know) all we wanted to know is the multiverse, we know nothing about who made it or how it works. We literally have virtually nothing.

I love Toriyamas Mechas style. Me and some friends still hope for a mecha manga. Imagin a mecha manga with Toriyamas godlike panelist skills.

But im pretty sure he would get sick of it and and throw it away, lol.

6v2sOftbYKDtf7YHmnDzG6taTSiUEN7uyfL-0Pe27Ns.jpg

Piccolo is consistently portrayed to be at the level of Base to SS Goku throughout the series. Orange Piccolo one-shotted Gamma 2, who should be at least an SSB Goku Tier fighter. Orange Piccolo would probably be an SSBKKX20 - UIO level fighter if he turned Orange during the ToP.

DBS:SH Base Piccolo is Broly Saga SSB level, and his transformation brings him to the same ballpark as Cell Max, who is vastly stronger than UI Goku. This means the transformation is far higher than a 5,000 times multiplier, since it brings him from the former tier to the higher end of the Beerus tier

ToP Base Piccolo is within the same ballpark as Ultimate Gohan, who is equal to an early-ToP SSB Goku. Using the speed values, this would put ToP Orange Piccolo at about 1.6 times weaker than SSBKKx20 Post-UIO2 Goku

This is because SSBKKx20 Post-UIO2 Goku is over 8,000 times faster than Early-ToP SSB Goku, a level ToP Orange Piccolo would be over 5,000 times above
Orange Piccolo would probably be an SSBKKX20 - UIO level fighter if he turned Orange during the ToP.
Right on the mark

Back