• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Examples?
Okay. Ask other people on the forum. Open a thread in Questions and Answers and see what staff have to say. "Does moving as fast or faster than teleportation count as infinite speed" and get back to me with the answer.

I genuinely have the feeling you won't trust or accept anything I say so arguing you on this just won't go anywhere. Ask someone you trust or seek out the interpretations of trusted people on the wiki. See if they agree or disagree with me.

Okay. Ask other people on the forum. Open a thread in Questions and Answers and see what staff have to say. "Does moving as fast or faster than teleportation count as infinite speed" and get back to me with the answer.
We had this thread before, it was even with the gas feat, the answer was what i said

I genuinely have the feeling you won't trust or accept anything I say so arguing you on this just won't go anywhere.
the feeling is mutual tbh

Ask someone you trust or seek out the interpretations of trusted people on the wiki. See if they agree or disagree with me.
We had the thread before, answer was the same as the one i am giving you

Yeah I just translated this it was completely different

Old Kai sensed that Beerus, the God of Destruction, had awakened for the first time in 39 years. If Goku finds out and challenges Beerus to a fight, it will be a disaster! However, Beerus is convinced from his conversation with the prophetic fish that the name of the potential rival he saw in his prophetic dream is "Super Saiyan God"! toei-anim.co.jp

Old Kai sensed that Beerus, the God of Destruction, had awakened for the first time in 39 years. If Goku finds out and challenges Beerus to a fight, it will be a disaster! However, Beerus is convinced from his conversation with the prophetic fish that the name of the potential rival he saw in his prophetic dream is "Super Saiyan God"! toei-anim.co.jp
Here in my translation there is nothing saying that Beerus was on the other side of the universe, could it be that Nullflower made a mistake?

We had this thread before, it was even with the gas feat, the answer was what i said

the feeling is mutual tbh

We had the thread before, answer was the same as the one i am giving you
You mean the thread where the arguments were built on the time it takes to focus on IT and to materialise from IT? When the feat is Granolah moving while Gas is dematerialised? The thread where the other arguments were based on the usage of the english term 'Instant'? Rather than 'Instantaneous' or 'Teleportation' which are both used and are both more accurate than the 'Instant' translation anyways? The thread that had several bumps because nobody was engaging with it and it went forgotten? The thread where the only two staff who interacted with it were Damage (who didn't even look at the scans given he refers to the time it takes to use IT and to materialise from it when the entire feat is while Gas is dematerialised mid-IT) and SamanPatou who's interpretation is wildly questionable at best?

Or was there another, actual, thread that had an actual conclusion involving staff members coming to an agreement on how the feat would be interpreted that I missed?

You mean the thread where the arguments were built on the time it takes to focus on IT and to materialise from IT? When the feat is Granolah moving while Gas is dematerialised? The thread where the other arguments were based on the usage of the english term 'Instant'? Rather than 'Instantaneous' or 'Teleportation' which are both used and are both more accurate than the 'Instant' translation anyways? The thread that had several bumps because nobody was engaging with it and it went forgotten? The thread where the only two staff who interacted with it were Damage (who didn't even look at the scans given he refers to the time it takes to use IT and to materialise from it when the entire feat is while Gas is dematerialised mid-IT) and SamanPatou who's interpretation is wildly questionable at best?

Or was there another, actual, thread that had an actual conclusion involving staff members coming to an agreement on how the feat would be interpreted that I missed?
Ngl samanpatou is MAD questionable when it comes to DB his argument for Broly RE in a crt someone else is that it’s just AD and power mimicry and ignored didn’t mention the PL stuff which led me to making a crt for RE for Goku and Broly
And bro said word for word the definition of social influencing for Goku and said it wasn’t social influencing

Ngl samanpatou is MAD questionable when it comes to DB his argument for Broly RE in a crt someone else is that it’s just AD and power mimicry and ignored didn’t mention the PL stuff which led me to making a crt for RE for Goku and Broly
And bro said word for word the definition of social influencing for Goku and said it wasn’t social influencing
This is another part of why the VS Wiki can be hard to debate on. Staff have these wild and absurd takes and then other users take them as fact, even when there isn't even a staff consensus accepting that individual staff member's wild takes. People conflate the stuff one staff member says with what the entire wiki thinks.

Whoops. Had the wrong page.

This is another part of why the VS Wiki can be hard to debate on. Staff have these wild and absurd takes and then other users take them as fact, even when there isn't even a staff consensus accepting that individual staff member's wild takes. People conflate the stuff one staff member says with what the entire wiki thinks.
When I'm admin or moderator I'm going to change things, I'm going to be able to change vsbttles so that each verse has its moderators just for that verse and moderate a lot the topics they be perfect

When I'm admin or moderator I'm going to change things, I'm going to be able to change vsbttles so that each verse has its moderators just for that verse and moderate a lot the topics they be perfect
This has the same vibe as " When I am the Hokage I will change the ways of the Hyuga clan" XDD

I wouldn't be surprised if Omegabronic becomes staff, so they can reject CRTs easier lmao ( just kidding bro)

I mean even if it is in the Universe there’s still multiple dimensions in the universe like Kaio realm afterlife living world RoSaT etc
If you want to become a mod you’ll have to be more open minded and neutral because I’ve seen sometimes you’ve said to not downgrade your verse instead of just refuting the argument but I guess it doesn’t help that some arguments that were made in that crt turned out not to be true

I mean even if it is in the Universe there’s still multiple dimensions in the universe like Kaio realm afterlife living world RoSaT etc

If you want to become a mod you’ll have to be more open minded and neutral because I’ve seen sometimes you’ve said to not downgrade your verse instead of just refuting the argument but I guess it doesn’t help that some arguments that were made in that crt turned out not to be true
I said that as a joke 🤡

I said that as a joke 🤡
Okay calm it down with the clown emoji
"Beyond the universe"
”Even if” But yeah if it’s beyond the universe kd beyond the living world then it’d require a hypothetical infinite distance anyways
Luffyruffy and Omegabronic fighting for Staff position be like the next Akainu vs Aokiji
Bro if Omega became a mod we’d be ******

I’d be a neutral mod if I became one

We have two quotes about Goku destroying the universe and one of them is said that the light that illuminates the entire Universe to destroy (including this light arrived in the world of the Kaioshins for those who don't know)

https://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/episode/summary/13/

The third collision between Goku and Beerus, who clashed with their transcendence powers more than ever before, emitted a flash that threatened to annihilate the universe, enveloping the earth. However, because Beerus used 100% of his power and deflated all energy around him, Earth's destruction was prevented. Beerus was embarrassed to face a Saiyan opponent, but when he got into a fight with Goku, he declared that he absolutely wanted to win. Both of them started to fight with all their might, but the super saiyan god aura around Goku gradually disappeared and eventually, he reverted back to being a normal super saiyan. Does Goku have a chance of winning!? ?

https://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/episode/summary/12/

The power of the Super Saiyan God, which takes Goku to even greater heights, has enabled him to take on Beerus. However, due to the collision of two very powerful forces, the universe that cannot bear the consequences will be in danger of disappearing! Bulma's airship, which was watching the two fight, also crashes, and Old Kai predicts that the universe can only withstand two more clashes between Goku and Beerus. And finally, the third accident! Goku manages to negate Beerus' attack with an attack of exactly the same strength and angle. However, it foreshadowed a new clash of powers. The fate of the universe and whereabouts of the decisive battle...!?

you translated it? huh......let us put in the translation thread then and solve this dilemma

You mean the thread where the arguments were built on the time it takes to focus on IT and to materialise from IT? When the feat is Granolah moving while Gas is dematerialised? The thread where the other arguments were based on the usage of the english term 'Instant'? Rather than 'Instantaneous' or 'Teleportation' which are both used and are both more accurate than the 'Instant' translation anyways?
you know that "instanteneous" is quite litterally the same as "instant" right? using that changes nothing at all
in·stan·ta·ne·ous
/ˌinstənˈtānēəs/
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...2ahUKEwi2ieiOp9n-AhUPqpUCHSENCooQ3eEDegQICBAH

adjective

1. 1.
    occurring or done in an instant or instantly.

also, teleportation is not automatically infinite in speed, if the definition for the technique is "instantly" then it wouldn't be infinite speed by the very definition of "instant"

The thread that had several bumps because nobody was engaging with it and it went forgotten?
do not see the relevance of this

The thread where the only two staff who interacted with it were Damage (who didn't even look at the scans given he refers to the time it takes to use IT and to materialise from it when the entire feat is while Gas is dematerialised mid-IT)
tbf that was what the people were arguing for in that thread

and SamanPatou who's interpretation is wildly questionable at best?
is it really questionable tho?

This has the same vibe as " When I am the Hokage I will change the ways of the Hyuga clan" XDD

I wouldn't be surprised if Omegabronic becomes staff, so they can reject CRTs easier lmao ( just kidding bro)
29308bb28a25bd4a161c9a582cda916e.gif

Luffyruffy and Omegabronic fighting for Staff position be like the next Akainu vs Aokiji
dio-vs-jotaro.gif

Bro if Omega became a mod we’d be ******
dark-fire.gif

you translated it? huh......let us put in the translation thread then and solve this dilemma

you know that "instanteneous" is quite litterally the same as "instant" right? using that changes nothing at all
in·stan·ta·ne·ous
/ˌinstənˈtānēəs/
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...2ahUKEwi2ieiOp9n-AhUPqpUCHSENCooQ3eEDegQICBAH

adjective

1. 1.

also, teleportation is not automatically infinite in speed, if the definition for the technique is "instantly" then it wouldn't be infinite speed by the very definition of "instant"

dio-vs-jotaro.gif

dark-fire.gif
Omega, if you are a moderator, don't forget your friends

in·stan·ta·ne·ous
/ˌinstənˈtānēəs/

adjective

1. 1.

dio-vs-jotaro.gif

dark-fire.gif
He sent the wrong page that part has been resolved

Look up the definition of 'instantly' and look into the other definitions for 'Instant' and 'Instantaneous'.
Teleportation, by default, is a form of movement from Physical Space A -> Physical Space B with zero delay. The versions of teleportation where you can remain dematerialised are the exception, not the rule. If you don't understand what I mean then boot up something like Xenoverse 2 and compare the Instant Transmission skill to the held Assault Vanish skill. Instant Transmission doesn't have any evidence of such a delay existing.
If the thread never actually concluded and faded into obscurity then that means the arguments were never actually concluded and a consensus was never reached. Meaning any conclusions reached there aren't really usable. No one agreed on them conclusively.
It is questionable because even if we go along with the idea that Teleportation can take finite time to occur, Instant Transmission would not function in that way. Why? Because the first instance of Instant Transmission being demonstrated is Vegeta assuming Goku was just using super speed just for the distance to be clarified and how it was impossible for Goku to go to Roshi's island and back that quickly. There's also, again, the feat where Vegeta warps to Earth from Yardrat immediately or when Goku went from Beerus's planet to Earth (one side of the cosmos to the other) via IT when the universe has been accepted as infinite. Meaning IT inherently requires infinite speed to travel those distances.

SamanPatou agrees with SummerBlue's definition of the feat yet SummerBlue contradicts himself by saying 'Instant Transmission is not instant' and then following that up with a singular definition of 'instant' to 'debunk' the idea that instant means Infinite Speed...yet their argument boils down to Instant Transmission not being instant. You see why I can't take that seriously? He's effectively referring to 'instant' as infinite and that IT isn't instant but then claiming instant doesn't actually mean infinite. And that's the argument SamanPatou agrees with.

Hell, Damage afterwards even says 'Instant Transmission is instant but the disappearing/reappearing takes time' to argue against Infinite Speed...which gives the impression that he agrees Instant Transmission is equivalent to Infinite Speed but he disagrees with the feat because of the pre-transmission and post-transmission...which the feat doesn't even involve, it's Granolah moving mid-transmission. So Damage thinks 'instant' movement would be sufficient for 'infinite' speed but then rejects the feat for reasons unrelated to the feat.

And none of that even gets into the part where IT has always been capable of moving between dimensions. Dimensions which are now accepted as different spacetimes. And Granolah moves faster than a technique that can move the user to another universe instantly.

In short, the two staff that were against the Infinite Speed scaling both seem to acknowledge the term 'instant' as sufficient for 'infinite speed' but then reject the feat because either 'Instant Transmission is not instant' or 'Instant Transmission is not instant to activate and it takes time to fully materialise but the actual transmission is instant (when the feat is Granolah moving mid-transmission)' It all comes across as nonsensical and contradictory.

Instant isn’t always = to infinitely fast
Maybe not always but given that's how the technique works I would need some serious evidence that it isn't infinitely fast. Again, the entire point is going from A-to-B instantly with zero delay, that's why IT taking time to focus has always been highlighted as its big weakness, because it takes time to trigger the transmission aspect. And we have plenty of instances of IT being used to travel infinite distances and warping between spacetimes instantly.

Look up the definition of 'instantly' and look into the other definitions for 'Instant' and 'Instantaneous'.
Just did and nothing on my point changes whatsoever

Teleportation, by default, is a form of movement from Physical Space A -> Physical Space B with zero delay.
no it isn't, it is simply the act of going from one point to another without any physical travel, again look at the megaman profiles to see what i mean

The versions of teleportation where you can remain dematerialised are the exception, not the rule.
Here you are again bringing up points i never brough, tf are you talking about "dematerialised"?

If you don't understand what I mean then boot up something like Xenoverse 2 and compare the Instant Transmission skill to the held Assault Vanish skill. Instant Transmission doesn't have any evidence of such a delay existing.
Granola proved that wrong, also the burden is on the side with the possitive to prove, if you are affirming that there is no delay, you are the one that needs to prove it

If the thread never actually concluded and faded into obscurity then that means the arguments were never actually concluded and a consensus was never reached. Meaning any conclusions reached there aren't really usable. No one agreed on them conclusively.
2 staffs disagreed, so yeah, for this part of the argument yes it did

It is questionable because even if we go along with the idea that Teleportation can take finite time to occur, Instant Transmission would not function in that way. Why? Because the first instance of Instant Transmission being demonstrated is Vegeta assuming Goku was just using super speed just for the distance to be clarified and how it was impossible for Goku to go to Roshi's island and back that quickly.
you just proved that it is faster than goku's normal speed, not that it takes 0 time to travel, you didn't proved much here

There's also, again, the feat where Vegeta warps to Earth from Yardrat immediately or when Goku went from Beerus's planet to Earth (one side of the cosmos to the other) via IT when the universe has been accepted as infinite. Meaning IT inherently requires infinite speed to travel those distances.
being on the other side doesn't mean much, sides do not have a defined disrance from one another unless they are in the extremes of it, plus what is the proof that yardrat is on the other side of the universe anyway?

SamanPatou agrees with SummerBlue's definition of the feat yet SummerBlue contradicts himself by saying 'Instant Transmission is not instant' and then following that up with a singular definition of 'instant' to 'debunk' the idea that instant means Infinite Speed...yet their argument boils down to Instant Transmission not being instant. You see why I can't take that seriously? He's effectively referring to 'instant' as infinite and that IT isn't instant but then claiming instant doesn't actually mean infinite. And that's the argument SamanPatou agrees with.
look if you personally disagrees that is fine but, that doesn't disvalidates the other opinions

Hell, Damage afterwards even says 'Instant Transmission is instant but the disappearing/reappearing takes time' to argue against Infinite Speed...which gives the impression that he agrees Instant Transmission is equivalent to Infinite Speed but he disagrees with the feat because of the pre-transmission and post-transmission...which the feat doesn't even involve
yes it does involve, the feat is all about that

, it's Granolah moving mid-transmission.
Which is the disapearing and repearing parts of it

And none of that even gets into the part where IT has always been capable of moving between dimensions. Dimensions which are now accepted as different spacetimes. And Granolah moves faster than a technique that can move the user to another universe instantly.
that does not give any speed whatsoever, that is purely dimensional travel and nothing more

finite movement in an infinitesimal timeframe is infinite speed per definition.
Nope it just means that it is very small and close to zero:
infinitesimal
adjective
extremely small:
The amounts of radioactivity present were infinitesimal.

in·fin·i·tes·i·mal
/ˌinˌfinəˈtes(ə)m(ə)l/
https://www.google.com/search?clien...2ahUKEwjs3byA7dn-AhXDs5UCHcv-CHwQ3eEDegQIBhAf

adjective
  1. extremely small.
    "an infinitesimal pause"

noun
MATHEMATICS
  1. an indefinitely small quantity; a value approaching zero

It just means small, if it is not 0, then it isn't infinite speed

I'm talking about its use in physics. Infinitesimal numbers are literally used for limits and the wiki treats lim t -> 0 (x/t) the same at x/0 (despite me disagreeing with that).

Back