• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Freeza stated he was holding back and I believe Vegeta and Goku also had similar statements.

As for fusion, it isn't anywhere as big of a boost as you might think. I'll break it down for you:
  • SS Kale is SSB-level while SS2 Caulifla is just SS-level
  • SSR Black is SSB-level while Zamasu scales to SS-level in the manga
  • Merged Zamasu is equal to CSSB Goku and two copies of himself are vaporised by SSB Vegeta's Gamma Burst Flash.
  • Earlier in the manga it's stated SSB becomes 1/10th of its power after being used beforehand, meaning CSSB Goku is only 10x stronger than SSB Goku
  • So a fusion of an SSB-level fighter and a SS-level fighter is around a 10x boost at most
  • So Kefla is at most 10x stronger than Kale
From there we can't really scale how much Goku, Vegeta and Freeza were holding back relative to Kale but it's worth noting that both Freeza and Vegeta think they could deal with her if they went full power.

Would that still make Gohan and Kefla significantly stronger? Probably but it would be a <10x gap in power.
Looking at it that way, it's better to understand, good explanation. I want to see now how the level of mystic / bestial gohan and piccolo orange will be compared to goku and vegeta. I saw that Akira mentions that piccolo Orange had reached the level of goku, if this is taken literally in the manga, it will be glory days for the namekuseijin.

The holding back excuse doesn't really make sense when She almost smacked Toppo out of the ring when he fully saw the attack coming, who as we know at max power was definitively above a CSSB Goku just prior to the ToP.

Looking at it that way, it's better to understand, good explanation. I want to see now how the level of mystic / bestial gohan and piccolo orange will be compared to goku and vegeta. I saw that Akira mentions that piccolo Orange had reached the level of goku, if this is taken literally in the manga, it will be glory days for the namekuseijin.
It's been so long since piccolo hasn't reached the goku level, the last time was there in the cell saga.

The holding back excuse doesn't really make sense when She almost smacked Toppo out of the ring when he fully saw the attack coming, who as we know at max power was definitively above a CSSB Goku just prior to the ToP.
Vados had mentioned that no one in the arena could with kefla, which I consider hyperbole. If that was the case it would make kefla be above a suppressed jiren who already had beat up Goku and hitto at the same time lol.

Orange Piccolo should be at least on the same level as UI Goku in Moro. It's a bit hard to say how he scales in terms of Granolah because SH was produced and released alongside the Moro Saga instead and Toyotaro seems to be tip-toeing around scaling SH and Granolah top tiers. Gohan Beast I'm not even going to bother touching until the next arc scales him.

Vados had mentioned that no one in the arena could with kefla, which I consider hyperbole. If that was the case it would make kefla be above a suppressed jiren who already had beat up Goku and hitto at the same time lol.
Jiren had taken a kamehameha at close range and didn't even feel it.

Orange Piccolo should be at least on the same level as UI Goku in Moro. It's a bit hard to say how he scales in terms of Granolah because SH was produced and released alongside the Moro Saga instead and Toyotaro seems to be tip-toeing around scaling SH and Granolah top tiers. Gohan Beast I'm not even going to bother touching until the next arc scales him.
Seeing the characters' power levels, I just think how op universe 7 currently is compared to other universes lol. If there was a power 2.0 tournament, universe 7 would have so many strong fighters, from granola to broly that hadn't appeared at the top.

Except she did zero damage to Toppo or Vegeta in that scene. All she did was knock them away. And that's her going berserk at maximum power. Vegeta even later shows up and breaks down how Kale is flawed and can be defeated, showing he already knows how to defeat her. Later than that, he fights Toppo one-on-one and they bruise and bloody eachother badly, showing they can harm eachother whereas Kale's maximum power left them unharmed. There's also the entire part where Vegeta and Toppo are consciously holding back to avoid running out of stamina in the tournament.

So overall your only evidence is Kale not harming them, just smashing them away when they weren't going all out.

Speaking of DBS: Super Hero in the manga continuity, Vegeta emulating Jiren's conservative fighting style is iffy considering the principle of Ultra Ego

Seeing the characters' power levels, I just think how op universe 7 currently is compared to other universes lol. If there was a power 2.0 tournament, universe 7 would have so many strong fighters, from granola to broly that hadn't appeared at the top.
A ToP 2.0 is dependent on things like how the other universes developed since the ToP, if the other four universes had some secrets and whether or not the erased six universes were brought back and were even stronger than U11.

At the very least the Gammas are comparable to SSJB Goku and Vegeta either Moro Arc or Broly Movie.

Which regardless should put Ultimate Gohan and Orange Piccolo around or over SSJBE levels of power of that time and putting Beast Gohan in the UI levels (Moro Arc going off the manga) at the very least.

Thus Goku and Vegeta should be FAR STRONGER considering the jump from the Granolah Saga and the amount of time spent training with Whis and Broly.

Speaking of DBS: Super Hero in the manga continuity, Vegeta emulating Jiren's conservative fighting style is iffy considering the principle of Ultra Ego
I disagree. The biggest flaw with Ultra Ego is that the user takes a lot of damage and exhausts themselves over a long battle. Jiren's 'Explosive Power' style basically lets you maintain stamina in long fights and you learn to make the most of your power even at low stamina. It basically lets Vegeta make the most of Ultra Ego's power.

A ToP 2.0 is dependent on things like how the other universes developed since the ToP, if the other four universes had some secrets and whether or not the erased six universes were brought back and were even stronger than U11.
I wouldn't doubt that if we inserted the current Saiyans in the Tournament of Power of that time, Goku and Vegeta probably could mop with Base Forms maybe needing Super Saiyan against Jiren

I disagree. The biggest flaw with Ultra Ego is that the user takes a lot of damage and exhausts themselves over a long battle. Jiren's 'Explosive Power' style basically lets you maintain stamina in long fights and you learn to make the most of your power even at low stamina. It basically lets Vegeta make the most of Ultra Ego's power.
Its iffy narratively when you consider its eerily similar to Ultra Instinct, despite the narrative purpose of Ultra Ego being Vegeta's own path

I wouldn't doubt that if we inserted the current Saiyans in the Tournament of Power of that time, Goku and Vegeta probably could've mopped with Base Forms maybe needing Super Saiyan against Jiren
If Base Goten gets his scaling from the movie in the manga, I could unironically push for 2-C Base Goten. From there I could scale him and argue that Base Goten solos the ToP.

Its iffy narratively when you consider its eerily similar to Ultra Instinct, despite the narrative purpose of Ultra Ego being Vegeta's own path
Maybe? In the end to me it's just advanced power control and movements. It isn't related to instinctive movement, boosted agility, hardening in response to trauma, etc.

They'll still need Blue or more against Jiren considering hes still regarded as a powerhouse and if DBS SH Blues are still Orange Piccolo level who is relative to Jiren.
I wouldn't doubt that if we inserted the current Saiyans in the Tournament of Power of that time, Goku and Vegeta probably could mop with Base Forms maybe needing Super Saiyan against Jiren

I wondered if Vegito Blue and Fused Zamasu could scale to 2 GoDs 6 universe feat bc of Gowasu statement that their fight was beyond their understanding of the gods I'm sure the fact that two GoDs fighting each other would destroy two universes was a well known fact in-verse

Wait how does the movie scaling go lol
SS1 Gohan consistently scales to Ultimate Piccolo in the Gamma fights. Base Goten and Base Trunks show up and are shown fighting alongside SS1 Gohan and Ultimate Piccolo and keeping up in both speed and power and we even have things like Base Goten's Kamehameha knocking Cell Max over mid-fall when Ultimate Piccolo's attacks weren't knocking him around. Then when they fuse together, Failed Gotenks' body cracked Cell Max's head when Ultimate Piccolo's full power blast did nothing.

Failed Gotenks >> Ultimate Piccolo >/= SS1 Gohan >/= Base Goten = Base Trunks >>>> Base Gohan = 2-C

The only arguments I've seen against this is 'it's an outlier' (for it to be an outlier there would need to be contradictory scaling, there is no contradictory scaling for Teen Goten and Trunks) and people just not liking the idea.

Yeah not gonna happen
It won't but that's only because people can't accept the facts. 2-C Base Goten and Base Trunks is a mental flashbang.

They'll still need Blue or more against Jiren considering hes still regarded as a powerhouse and if DBS SH Blues are still Orange Piccolo level who is relative to Jiren.
LB Jiren < Enraged UI Goku <<< Cell Max

Orange Piccolo ~ DBS:SH SSB < Cell Max

They're only gonna need Super Saiyan Blue

One thing DBS:SH does well is show the importance of Ki control and why 2-C level fighters can gracefully attack without destroying a single building. A common and consistent theme in DB which I love because the Universe getting destroyed every single punch that gets thrown would be stupid.

fair point, makes you think how strong Jiren truly was at the end of the day and how relative Current SSJBs are to ToP MUI

SS1 Gohan consistently scales to Ultimate Piccolo in the Gamma fights. Base Goten and Base Trunks show up and are shown fighting alongside SS1 Gohan and Ultimate Piccolo and keeping up in both speed and power and we even have things like Base Goten's Kamehameha knocking Cell Max over mid-fall when Ultimate Piccolo's attacks weren't knocking him around. Then when they fuse together, Failed Gotenks' body cracked Cell Max's head when Ultimate Piccolo's full power blast did nothing.
Potential Unleashed Piccolo shitcanned a suppressed Gamma 2 who at that point should've been on the level of Super Saiyan Gohan

Potential Unleashed Piccolo shitcanned a suppressed Gamma 2 who at that point should've been on the level of Super Saiyan Gohan
And why exactly would Gamma 2 be on the level of SS1 Gohan while suppressed? Gamma 1 vs SS1 Gohan was much closer than Gamma 2 destroying Ultimate Piccolo and there are even statements that Gamma 1 was actively adapting to Gohan's power and fighting style. Hell, what's even your proof that Gamma 2 was suppressing his power? Again, it's stated that the Gammas learn as they fight.

And why exactly would Gamma 2 be on the level of SS1 Gohan while suppressed? Gamma 1 vs SS1 Gohan was much closer than Gamma 2 destroying Ultimate Piccolo and there are even statements that Gamma 1 was actively adapting to Gohan's power and fighting style. Hell, what's even your proof that Gamma 2 was suppressing his power? Again, it's stated that the Gammas learn as they fight.
Well, let's see... Gamma 2 saying he hadn't been using his full power and Gohan being able to contend with the varying levels of Gamma 1 at all

Gamma 1 was suppressed against Super Saiyan Gohan, obviously until he started stomping him. Him having superb adaptational skills doesn't dispute him holding back, especially when you consider what Gamma 2 said

Gamma 2 was at full power against Potential Unleashed Piccolo and had the advantage

Gamma 2 confidently deciding to help against Potential Unleashed Gohan while not having unleashed his power yet kinda puts him on the level of Super Saiyan Gohan

The ssj god multiplier should be at least 50x compared to 3. Since the anime is wide open that ssj god>vegetto ssj.
Goku states in his fight against Toppo in the manga that 3 to SSJG is an entirely different level so I would assume it would mean SSJG Jump from 3 is greater than any transformation power jump prior.

Well, let's see... Gamma 2 saying he hadn't been using his full power and Gohan being able to contend with the varying levels of Gamma 1 at all

Gamma 1 was suppressed against Super Saiyan Gohan, obviously until he started stomping him. Him having superb adaptational skills doesn't dispute him holding back, especially when you consider what Gamma 2 said

Gamma 2 was at full power against Potential Unleashed Piccolo and had the advantage

Gamma 2 confidently deciding to help against Potential Unleashed Gohan while not having unleashed his power yet kinda puts him on the level of Super Saiyan Gohan
Gamma 1 also says to Super Saiyan Gohan "your power is within parameters" while still going blow for blow with him. He's most definitely suppressing his power

I have the movie right here subtitled so I'm going through it.
  • Gamma 2 never states he was holding back, he just states Piccolo still doesn't stand a chance
  • Your disbelief at Gohan contending with Gamma 1 is just your own disbelief, it has no basis in fact
  • Your claim that Gamma 1 was suppressing seems to be present nowhere in the movie
  • Gamma 1 starts stomping SS1 Gohan after Piccolo states the Gammas are the type to adapt to their opponent, the narrative structure there is very clear.
  • Gamma 2 wasn't at 'full power' against PU Piccolo, we clearly see Gamma 2's maximum power enables him to blow apart Cell Max
  • Gamma 2 only displays seriousness when he is sent to fight Gohan, there are no cocky or confident statements. Just him going in to help his brother.
So Gamma 2 never needs to adapt to Ultimate Piccolo to beat the snot out of him and SS1 Gohan is so strong that Gamma 1 has to adapt to him. Unless we arbitrarily assume Gamma 2 is just stronger than Gamma 1 we're left with the conclusion that Gamma 1, Gamma 2, SS1 Gohan and Ultimate Piccolo are all relative. Something backed later in the movie when SS1 Gohan and Ultimate Piccolo fight alongside eachother at relative levels.

From there all we're left with is an assumption that maybe Gamma 2 adapted to Ultimate Piccolo wordlessly but that would only be equivalent to SS1 Gohan forcing Gamma 1 to adapt to him. Meaning SS1 Gohan and Ultimate Piccolo are both relative in forcing Gamma 1 and Gamma 2 to adapt to their powers to start stomping them.

It's overall pretty clear that Ultimate Piccolo and SS1 Gohan are relative.

Gamma 1 also says to Super Saiyan Gohan "your power is within parameters" while still going blow for blow with him. He's most definitely suppressing his power
I'm not seeing that anywhere. All he states is that he was expecting Gohan's transformation shortly after Gohan goes Super Saiyan. Later on he questions the limits of Gohan's power and starts beating him around but that's after Piccolo states Gamma 1 is the type to adapt to his opponent as he fights, meaning Gamma 1 was growing stronger.

Goku states in his fight against Toppo in the manga that 3 to SSJG is an entirely different level so I would assume it would mean SSJG Jump from 3 is greater than any transformation power jump prior.
The anime makes it very clear that only ssj god could have a formidable fight with bills at that moment, goku himself discards the fusion.

Back