• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

The profiles of goku(manga) and vegeta(manga) should also receive this update, since they resist the hakai that is already listed in their profile. I think gas also resists hakai.
Ah I didn’t see it for granolah arc and for manga hakai is already accepted as that and other stuff so it would be fine to add those things for it

bruh the manga profiles’s hakai shit is so ****** up i checked goku and vegeta’s profiles and the abiltiies for hakai aren’t put consistently each time and goku’s hakai in one of them isn’t even listed as hakai…

I‘ll hopefully eventually fix those but god dang the hakai abilities are put horribly in the profiles and not consistent each time but once I get the opportunity I’ll make it consistent

Hakai from manga is slightly different from anime so....
(yesn’t since anime has some hakai deconstruction feats too) But sometimes each hakai addition says different stuff so I’d just add the already accepted stuff from each part that’s missing from other stuff that should be listed that isn’t listed

Hakai from manga is matter manipulation and hakai from anime is existence erasure
I'm not sure if I can post scans but Beerus explains it to Vegeta as "When we gods use our Destruction move, the target is completely erased from existence. We turn something into nothing. And when matter is destroyed it releases heaps of energy."

From what I understand, Hakai functions as sort of like turning your Ki into antimatter. It reacts violently to normal matter, destroying it which generates immense energy. And I think it's very likely that this is intentional given one of Vegeta's Manga-only techniques is the Gamma Burst Flash (which incidentally is insanely underrated, it enabled Vegeta to blow apart two Fused Zamasus when Goku was easily 10x stronger than him when he matched one Merged Zamasu) which is a direct reference to gamma rays.

So yes Hakai is EE in the manga but it is also a form of matter manipulation. I'd argue it's Antimatter Manipulation but I'm not sure if there is enough evidence for the wiki to accept that yet.

I'm not sure if I can post scans but Beerus explains it to Vegeta as "When we gods use our Destruction move, the target is completely erased from existence. We turn something into nothing. And when matter is destroyed it releases heaps of energy."

From what I understand, Hakai functions as sort of like turning your Ki into antimatter. It reacts violently to normal matter, destroying it which generates immense energy. And I think it's very likely that this is intentional given one of Vegeta's Manga-only techniques is the Gamma Burst Flash (which incidentally is insanely underrated, it enabled Vegeta to blow apart two Fused Zamasus when Goku was easily 10x stronger than him when he matched one Merged Zamasu) which is a direct reference to gamma rays.

So yes Hakai is EE in the manga but it is also a form of matter manipulation. I'd argue it's Antimatter Manipulation but I'm not sure if there is enough evidence for the wiki to accept that yet.
Oh shoot what Beerus said is literally the description of antimatter manipulation lmao

Hakai from manga is matter manipulation and hakai from anime is existence erasure
the different is anime established Hakai as based on using Energy of Destruction - a form of Universal Energy System, which allow user to cast Hakai in form of energy blasts

I forgot the chapter but do you have scan??

Oh shoot what Beerus said is literally the description of antimatter manipulation lmao
If you pay attention to the Hakai technique in the Granolah Saga as well, there is no sort of energy like with the Hakai used to erase people in past arcs. It's an instant explosion resulting from the matter deconstructing. There's no sort of special visual, the matter just breaks apart and then it explodes violently with immense energy.

the different is anime established Hakai as based on using Energy of Destruction - a form of Universal Energy System, which allow user to cast Hakai in form of energy blasts
Vegeta can also use Hakai in energy blasts in the manga. When he generates one against Granolah he states "This will destroy anything it touches." with 'destroy' in this context referencing Hakai. Beerus and Champa use a similar energy blast during the Beerus Saga.

And yes I do have the scan, not sure if it's allowed to post it though. It's Page 5 of Chapter 70.

The new chapter shows Piccolo doing better against Gamma 2 and even meatier Base Goku easily reading and dodging Base Broly's attacks and that's pretty damn insane when you consider that Wrathful Broly was relative to SSB Goku in the Broly Movie, Wrathful is 10x base. Meaning Base Goku by SH is more than 1/10th the power of SSB Goku in the Broly movie. and hell thinking on it...This Broly should be much stronger than in the movie and we saw Base Gogeta was relative to SSB Goku. Meaning SSB Goku right now might be as powerful as SSB Gogeta in the movie.

So in short what I can see here is: SSB Gogeta >> FPSS Broly (Broly) ~ SSB Goku (SH) >>>> Base Gogeta ~ SSB Goku (Broly) > Wrathful Broly (Broly) ~ Base Goku (SH) > Base Broly (SH) > Base Broly (Broly) with the possibility that SH Goku is actually on par with DBS:B Gogeta. Meaning SSB Goku should scale to any of the dimensional feats in the movie/light novel.

Last edited:
The new chapter shows Piccolo doing better against Gamma 2 and even meatier Base Goku easily reading and dodging Base Broly's attacks and that's pretty damn insane when you consider that Wrathful Broly was relative to SSB Goku in the Broly Movie, Wrathful is 10x base. Meaning Base Goku by SH is more than 1/10th the power of SSB Goku in the Broly movie. and hell thinking on it...This Broly should be much stronger than in the movie and we saw Base Gogeta was relative to SSB Goku. Meaning SSB Goku right now might be as powerful as SSB Gogeta in the movie.

So in short what I can see here is: SSB Gogeta >> FPSS Broly (Broly) ~ SSB Goku (SH) >>>> Base Gogeta ~ SSB Goku (Broly) > Wrathful Broly (Broly) ~ Base Goku (SH) > Base Broly (SH) > Base Broly (Broly) with the possibility that SH Goku is actually on par with DBS:B Gogeta. Meaning SSB Goku should scale to any of the dimensional feats in the movie/light novel.

Scaling chain could be simpler, the last time we saw broly as a vanilla SS1 ( before going SS Green) he was on par with Gogeta as a SS1 meaning his base = Base Gogeta and by extension Super Hero arc Goku.

So as a SSB he should be now on par with Gogeta SSB.

Well mostly depends on wether Brolys Golden Haired SS1 form is a normal 50x base multiplier instead of a potential 500x on the fact he transformed while in Ikari form.

The dimensional feats are pointless now with 2-C upgrades, they weren’t even agreed to be Low 2-C by themselves.

Luffy said he's been getting translations for the light novel that he thinks could be worth a CRT with the dimension, that's why I bring it up. It's for him.

I'm seeing more spoilers and they diverge from the movie a bit. In the movie Bulma says she saw Vegeta three weeks prior but in the manga she just says he is on Beerus' planet, meaning Piccolo and co haven't seen Goku or Vegeta since Moro. and then IIRC the movie has Piccolo claim that Gamma 2 was on par with Goku and Vegeta but in the manga he says that they would struggle to beat the Gammas without Goku and Vegeta around.

So, yeah. The manga is diverging a fair amount here.

I'm seeing more spoilers and they diverge from the movie a bit. In the movie Bulma says she saw Vegeta three weeks prior but in the manga she just says he is on Beerus' planet, meaning Piccolo and co haven't seen Goku or Vegeta since Moro. and then IIRC the movie has Piccolo claim that Gamma 2 was on par with Goku and Vegeta but in the manga he says that they would struggle to beat the Gammas without Goku and Vegeta around.

So, yeah. The manga is diverging a fair amount here.
So basically anime continuity is gonna keep the movie while manga gets its own thing.

So basically anime continuity is gonna keep the movie while manga gets its own thing.
Yes although I did make a mistake. Piccolo does still claim the Gammas are likely on par with Goku and Vegeta but that context is changed with Vegeta not being stated to have been on Earth recently. It's very likely Piccolo is referring to their SSB forms in Moro, maybe SSBE Vegeta at the maximum.

Unless Toyo changes something significantly it looks like Orange Piccolo, Gohan Beast and Cell Max would be scaled around UI Goku in the Moro Saga. Meaning they won't be anywhere near the Granolah Saga fighters yet.

Since there's the Sugoroku Space in GT and the unknown dimension Broly and Gogeta fought in briefly. There's a possibility that there are more than 3 universes in Universe 7. Interesting 🤔

Ft-wIhCakAAYjNF
Ft-3T8QakAE-cHu

Any speculations for Black Frieza once he arrives to the DBS anime?

Yes although I did make a mistake. Piccolo does still claim the Gammas are likely on par with Goku and Vegeta but that context is changed with Vegeta not being stated to have been on Earth recently. It's very likely Piccolo is referring to their SSB forms in Moro, maybe SSBE Vegeta at the maximum.
DBS Super Hero takes place 2 years after the Granolah saga so Piccolo's statement most considers Goku and Vegeta as of that period of events

Base Goku staying in a fight with base broly is something I wasn't expecting.
Broly had control over himself so’d he didn’t have the aptness to kill or beat the hell outta Goku anymore

Current Base Broly > End of Movie Base Broly (movie)

SSJ Broly is 500x base Broly (assuming ikari plus SSJ)

So regular SSJ Goku alone is 1/10 SSJ Broly

And Current Blue Goku is 5x SSJ Broly(movie)

Current Base Broly > End of Movie Base Broly (movie)

SSJ Broly is 500x base Broly (assuming ikari plus SSJ)

So regular SSJ Goku alone is 1/10 SSJ Broly

And Current Blue Goku is 5x SSJ Broly(movie)
Wait, when was it stated SSJ is a 500x multiplier from base?

Back