• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Yet in the Moro arc vegeta says they can't breathe in space
About them being able to breathe in space maybe that's a lie, Goku in the manga and anime has had several feats of breathing in the vacuum of space, maybe it's a story told by Freeza, so they don't leave the planet (all this to enslave them)

I think what Omega is trying to convey is that Instant Transmission from our perspective isn't 0s teleportation and is only infinite speed because the characters already are
So instant teleporation isn't Os teleporation, but just soo fast that even in the eyes of Massively faster than baseline infinite people it appears simply as disappearing and re-appearing?

God I'm looking back on the while gravity training thing in Z and how stupid it was. I can't believe Goku struggled to even stand in 10x gravity on King Kai's planet when he could push gigantic boulders as a ******* 12 year old 💀🤦‍♂️. Does Toriyama possess no understanding of how gravity works or did he just not care?

Toei depiction of IT has characters entering some sort of Warp space so at least by its own, it’s not infinite speed.
This warp space lets them cover infinite distances (as Goku can go from King Kai's planet to the living world and back)

That one is straight up an infinite speed feat.

However, correct me if wrong, but doesn't that space only comes up in the Broly movie?

This warp space lets them cover infinite distances (as Goku can go from King Kai's planet to the living world and back)

That one is straight up an infinite speed feat.

However, correct me if wrong, but doesn't that space only comes up in the Broly movie?
Goku during the 10 days leading up to the cell games uses IT and is portrayed as him moving through a different space to reach new namek, coolers movie too but that one might be out of the main toei timeline.

If he is really entering some sort of alternate space we can’t really say he is crossing infinite distances as he uses IT, and it being infinite would be because Goku already had infinite speed himself to supplement it.

God I'm looking back on the while gravity training thing in Z and how stupid it was. I can't believe Goku struggled to even stand in 10x gravity on King Kai's planet when he could push gigantic boulders as a ******* 12 year old 💀🤦‍♂️. Does Toriyama possess no understanding of how gravity works or did he just not care?
It's just a plot device so the characters can train and become big strong

I think he thought that 10x gravity was heavier than big rock, it seemed that way TBF.
It could make something that way, but not unless Goku and the other Z Fighter's secretly weigh the size of buildings or something does it make sense.

What was worst was that, in the anime version at least, Goku struggles to lift a ******* APPLE on King Kai's planet. So apparently Start of Z Goku can barely lift a few pounds (if someone asked Toriyama he'd probably say "He was rusty due to 5 years of peace before Raditz").

It could make something that way, but not unless Goku and the other Z Fighter's secretly weigh the size of buildings or something does it make sense.

What was worst was that, in the anime version at least, Goku struggles to lift a ******* APPLE on King Kai's planet. So apparently Start of Z Goku can barely lift a few pounds (if someone asked Toriyama he'd probably say "He was rusty due to 5 years of peace before Raditz").
Goku slacking off in times of peace lol

OG DB Kid Goku has a K class LS feat back in OG DB. Pushing a 300 ton rock with a calc'd LS of about 174 tons. Or 1744288.666 Newtons. The average apple weighs around 1 Newton. Assuming Goku's LS doesn't change until the Saiyan Saga, King Kai's planet gravity is over 1744288X of earth.

This made me think the "10x gravity" on King Kai's planet is bullshit and it's actually a lot more.
It's not necessarily wrong, it's just stupid PiS because Toriyama didn't give enough of a **** to make it logical.

Let's not forget that baby Goku when his power level was ******* 2 was doing just fine on Planet Vegeta where gravity was 10x. So according to canon Dragon Ball, Goku as an infant baby had higher lifting strength than Goku at the start of Z.

It's because of this ludicrous PiS that people now argue Tatsumaki could neg-diff any one from Z because she scales above Gyoro Gyoro who could make a 300x gravity field lol.

I'm imagining a meme of Patrick talking to the villain from Spongebob about his wallet, but Toriyama is Patrick and the villain is just someone with common sense.

Back