• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Lowkey though that sounds like a cool form idea, though very unoriginal in design. It'd be kind of like the perfect combination of Saiyan, god, and Angel. SSJ4's hair, fur, and clothing, but the fur is blue and the hair is white.

Chance's of that level of animation being used for the majority of a 131 episode series are about as likely as Goku combining SSJ4, SSJB, MUI, and Kaioken into one form and becoming outerversal in canon.
it could have that kinda level of art/animation if dragonball became a seasonal anime instead of a year long anime

Not a big fan of Golden nor Black Frieza. This is how Frieza's new form should look like in my opinion, what do you think?
freezer_new_form_by_salvamakoto_dfmdl25-fullview.jpg
Going back to this for a second, this seems more like a form in-between first form and second form, rather than an evolution beyond final form. Although if I understand correctly, this is meant to be what Frieza's final form is meant to look like if his final form was similar to Cooler's fourth form.

It isn't a bad design for a form, just I'm not sure if it's something that should be beyond his final form.

Going back to this for a second, this seems more like a form in-between first form and second form, rather than an evolution beyond final form. Although if I understand correctly, this is meant to be what Frieza's final form is meant to look like if his final form was similar to Cooler's fourth form.
Also, Frieza's main colors have always been white, purple and pink. Golden and black are kind of random and don't fit Frieza too well (at least golden has an explanation in-universe)

It isn't a bad design for a form, just I'm not sure if it's something that should be beyond his final form.
Understandable :3

I'm currently on dbz.... The start kinda... And holy, never have I ever wanted to skip episodes as much as that 🙉

Difficult af, which is why I put it on hold and then later go back to it whenever I'm ready 😓

Which of the four Dragon Ball series is your favorite?
OG Dragon Ball.

In my opinion, OG Dragon Ball explored the adventure-type nature of the series the best, which is ironic because it was exclusively focused on the Earth whereas the following ones all went to the stars, if not even other timelines or universes. It was a genuinely fun journey to go through alongside Goku and co., watching each story unravel until a climactic battle, which was the general formula for the entirety of it, with an occasional tournament arc here and there. Not only that though, but the original fights in Dragon Ball clearly had more thought put into them, as many of the fights focused on planning, techniques, and were generally very grounded with few Ki blast's as special attacks. It was a polar opposite of the more modern style fights adopted mid-Z and after, which focus heavily on the sheer power being displayed, who's simply outright stronger than who, and Ki blast's are used about as much as HTH combat. While DBZ had some good moments with characters using strategy, it was just never on the same level or as consistent, whereas DBS only pretends to bring that back in the ToP arc then never actually does anything cool with it. While I do like both styles of combat, I prefer the OG way a lot more.

DBZ does have better aspects though, I would say. For example, DBZ adopts a much more serious and dark done than OG Dragon Ball, excluding maybe the King Piccolo Saga. In DBZ, Toriyama puts a heavy focus on how high the odds seem to be stacked against the heroes, but shows an impeccable fight that ends with the heroes being victorious, despite heavy losses, and does it in a way that feels realistic (usually). There is a REASON why Dragon Ball Z is used as the focus of a lot of inspirational videos and music, because it is inspirational. Goku is inspirational, he has a lot of the core elements of a classic underdog story. In almost every major fight he's in back in DBZ, he's nearly always on the losing end, but through a mix of strategy, technique, and most importantly, sheer determination, he manages to overcome each threat every time. OG Dragon Ball only REALLY had this with King Piccolo, and even then it didn't feel as one-sided against Goku because Goku was outright stronger in their second fight.

OG Dragon Ball takes a more laid-back tone and pace, a simple, entertaining trip through the mystical and compelling story of Goku and his friends, with some hiccups along the way, and some amazing fights. DBZ takes a more serious, high-pace, action-centered tone and pace, focusing on the trials Goku and his friends must overcome to protect the Earth and/or the ones they love, somehow overcoming nigh-impossible odds at every turn against unimaginable foes. Both are great on their own, it really depends on just what kind of story you prefer more.

Then you have GT and Super.

DBZ specifically?

It's hard, because the first part of the Namek arc is so good, but it does kind of taper off a little bit with how long the Freeza fight is. And while the Saiyan arc is good, it kinda drops the ball a bit between Raditz and Vegeta/Nappa. The anime picks up the slack a bit, though.

There is a lot of neat stuff in the Android arc, too, tbh, but I don't think I could in good conscience pick it to be number one for me at this point. And Buu... has a lot of good moments, at least!

I'd probably say the Saiyan arc takes it the most, though, the problems are relatively small in comparison to the Namek arc's and the high points are about as good with one notable exception. How Vegeta was fought was actually pretty cool, and is one of the only final bosses in DBZ that has a real non-self imposed back and forth. And Nappa's fights were unironically really great, too.

I'll give my thoughts on the other three series here as well, though just the arc names themselves:

Dragon Ball: 21st Budokai

Dragon Ball GT: Baby (Including the Black Star Dragon Balls in this)

Dragon Ball Super: Future Trunks (Anime)/Moro (Manga)

DBZ specifically?

It's hard, because the first part of the Namek arc is so good, but it does kind of taper off a little bit with how long the Freeza fight is. And while the Saiyan arc is good, it kinda drops the ball a bit between Raditz and Vegeta/Nappa. The anime picks up the slack a bit, though.

There is a lot of neat stuff in the Android arc, too, tbh, but I don't think I could in good conscience pick it to be number one for me at this point. And Buu... has a lot of good moments, at least!

I'd probably say the Saiyan arc takes it the most, though, the problems are relatively small in comparison to the Namek arc's and the high points are about as good with one notable exception. How Vegeta was fought was actually pretty cool, and is one of the only final bosses in DBZ that has a real non-self imposed back and forth. And Nappa's fights were unironically really great, too.

I'll give my thoughts on the other three series here as well, though just the arc names themselves:

Dragon Ball: 21st Budokai

Dragon Ball GT: Baby (Including the Black Star Dragon Balls in this)

Dragon Ball Super: Future Trunks (Anime)/Moro (Manga)
in dbs my favorite in the manga is the moro saga. In the anime, perhaps due to the nostalgia factor, I prefer the tournament of power.

for the OG DB King Piccolo and DBZ 23rd BT
Z Era-Namek/Cell
Super-idk i there's nothing about it worth my time to rewatch
Manga i suppose Moro simply because of UI and thts it

Back