• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

WE HIT 1000 MESSAGES BOIS
c4f050a84e6da7065f8944e84b065636ed81f288_hq.gif

Yo, why does Goku have, "Limited Social Influencing (When he fought Kid Buu, he was able to convinced people across Universe 7 to give him his energy to perform the Spirit Bomb. Although, it is unknown if everyone did give out their energy)"

When people actively told him to go **** himself? It was Mr. Satan who inspired the people to give their energy, not Goku.

Also, shouldn't the Spirit Bomb have Purification as one of its abilities?

Yeah he shouldn't have that. GT Goku on the other hand actually did convince people. And probably not, given that it was Yemma who reincarnated Buu into Uub. Goku just disintegrated him.

Yeah he shouldn't have that. GT Goku on the other hand actually did convince people. And probably not, given that it was Yemma who reincarnated Buu into Uub. Goku just disintegrated him.
Buu showed resistance to the Purification by the fact that he was able to push it back. So I don't think that's a point for or against it.

But IIRC, if you are not pure of heart you can not create a Spirit Bomb, or else the energy will harm/kill the user, and (usually) you wouldn't have the ability to push it back.

That reminds me of the Super Android 13 movie, where Goku couldn't maintain the Spirit Bomb as an unmastered Super Saiyan due to it adding malicious intent to his heart.
Obviously that's non canon but it would explain why Goku never used the Spirit Bomb as a Super Saiyan till the Buu saga when he mastered it

Tbh Jiren had a strong argument for being around Beerus level at the time.
Although I never bought that Jiren is stronger than Beerus anytime it's brought up, Beerus being THIS strong in an obvious recton yet again.

This is probably the 4th time they recton his power.
Maybe it's something like Beerus < UI Goku < UI Beerus.

That reminds me of the Super Android 13 movie, where Goku couldn't maintain the Spirit Bomb as an unmastered Super Saiyan due to it adding malicious intent to his heart.
Obviously that's non canon but it would explain why Goku never used the Spirit Bomb as a Super Saiyan till the Buu saga when he mastered it
and then the super anime negged the fact that super saiyan full power doesn't induce malice.

Does anyone happen to have Japanese raws of the Super manga (Ch. 4 and 6) or Japanese transcripts of the Super anime (Ep. 12-14, 28, 67)? Or maybe both?

According to the Tiering System rules, rising up in Tier 2 subtiers through multiplication isn't allowed as in, a character twice as powerful as a Low 2-C would still be Low 2-C. I don't see why applying the inverse operation, downgrading Beerus and Champa to Low 2-C based off of a shared 2-C feat, would be allowed.

It's not allowed because the distance between Low 2-C and 2-C is unquantifiable IIRC, but DBS quantifies it.

Again, take what I am saying with a grain a salt, but I think that is the logic behind their current ratings.

The reason UI is a "form" is because they want to sell more toys and Gacha card.
Beerus was using imperfect UI in the ToP arc without turning into a white cat or grow silver eyes.

According to the Tiering System rules, rising up in Tier 2 subtiers through multiplication isn't allowed as in, a character twice as powerful as a Low 2-C would still be Low 2-C. I don't see why applying the inverse operation, downgrading Beerus and Champa to Low 2-C based off of a shared 2-C feat, would be allowed.
Through multiplication means that you can't be upgraded "only" through multipliers because the gap is unquantifiable. There needs to be evidence and that is present in DBS. Beerus and Champa can destroy 2 universes combined, so it's not multiplication alone, it's just basic powerscaling from that point on.

Back