• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Cuz he wasn't strong enough to beat Frieza and Frieza thought super Saiyan is just a superstition, so he didn't want Frieza to believe in that and get threatened because he will kill all Saiyans including Goku and Vegeta
Wow, you sure can write fanfiction, go ahead bro

Bardock becoming a Super Saiyan here will never happen. This dude didn't go Super Saiyan against Frieza. If it does ever happen that's literally fanservice at its finest and fan fiction type of writing at its highest.

Bardock becoming a Super Saiyan here will never happen. This dude didn't go Super Saiyan against Frieza. If it does ever happen that's literally fanservice at its finest and fan fiction type of writing at its highest.
Bro you too serious, they are chilling with funny comment

Bardock becoming a Super Saiyan because of some random Cerealian chick he helped out on a whim is stupider that Bardock becoming a Super Saiyan because of little, "Meep!" people; at least in the latter, the guy Bardock that fighting reminded me of Frieza who just murdered his people.
The power of simp too strong!

The Manga made SSJB cool, i can appreciate the Manga for that. Hell I find the Goku Black Arc in the Manga more enjoyable than the anime

The Manga made SSJB cool, i can appreciate the Manga for that. Hell I find the Goku Black Arc in the Manga more enjoyable than the anime
I love the fact that they still use normal ssj blue but when something calls for complete blue they use that also the fact they use ssj god more in the manga

I love the fact that they still use normal ssj blue but when something calls for complete blue they use that also the fact they use ssj god more in the manga
Like in the Manga. The form had a more explained weakness, a way to overcome it through SSJG or Perfected Blue and it also performed cool shit as well, there's even moments it was about to finish the job too.

Anime SSJB on the other hand is a goddamn monstrosity

That is one thing the manga has going for it: Blue is actually interesting. It makes sense that combining the powers of Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God would create an incredibly stressful and draining form, and because of that limitation, Goku and Vegeta were forced to develop new, ingenious ways to battle their godlike opponents while using their older forms... until they bypassed the limitation. Now, like in the anime, they have no reason to use anything that is not Super Saiyan Blue. Hell, right now, they have no reason to use anything that is not Ultra Instinct or Ultra Ego, respectively.

The Blue form that drains the user's Ki faster than Super Saiyan 3 does and taxes the body would be interesting and make for some really brilliant strategic and intellectual combat.

Sucks that it was only around for ten chapters.

The ideas that the Super manga introduces are better-suited for the anime medium than the manga medium, especially considering the manga is monthly (or bi-monthly?). There is just not enough time or space in the manga to flesh them out properly and make them interesting.

I agree, I think that the anime's take one ultra instinct being a super limit breaker form is better than the manga going for the super calm form because it makes sense when Goku does something stupid.

I agree, I think that the anime's take one ultra instinct being a super limit breaker form is better than the manga going for the super calm form because it makes sense when Goku does something stupid.
Actually Whis in anime did said that it not just limit break, but he need to be in a calm state of mind, without fear or desire, the anime take it better because it actually show his struggle through the entire ToP to achieved the complete state, bot like in manga where he just shout some cring word and turn UI, he also super talking in that form which i dislike, anime he said very few word, perfectly showcase his calm mind. To be honest, because Tadayoshi Yamamuro learned martial art from a temple before he become an animator, he know martial art physiology well enough to showcase UI in anime

The Breakers is a breath of fresh air after whatever the hell the Super manga has had going on in the last few months.
"The Breakers" and the whole time rift/Super Time Machine thing just reeks of Xenoverse, though. We need to do something new, Dimps.

The Breakers is a breath of fresh air after whatever the hell the Super manga has had going on in the last few months.
"The Breakers" and the whole time rift/Super Time Machine thing just reeks of Xenoverse, though. We need to do something new, Dimps.
Dragon Ball love time anyway so.....................

Well it is connected to XV2

Is it just me or the gap between UI Sign and MUI in the manga is much bigger than in the anime?
They are similar but but in the manga it does seem bigger. UI sign Goku couldn't even touch 73 moro but stomped him so hard the universe felt it in UI and was still even stronger than moro after he gained merus' UI.

There is like 3 calcs for anime super Goku for class M

While Vegeta has one class M too

Idk man I would go with "at least class M, likely far higher"

Back