• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball: Infinite Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some doubts, it seems more that he is referring to the Universe expanding infinitely and not that in fact it is infinite, in fact, is there any proof that the DBS Mangá Universe is infinite too?, If my memory serves me correctly, there's an episode of the Anime where Whis says that the Earth is at the center of the universe, right? Doesn't that already contradict the Infinite Universe?

I have some doubts, it seems more that he is referring to the Universe expanding infinitely and not that in fact it is infinite, in fact, is there any proof that the DBS Mangá Universe is infinite too?, If my memory serves me correctly, there's an episode of the Anime where Whis says that the Earth is at the center of the universe, right? Doesn't that already contradict the Infinite Universe?
In the manga, jaco says there are countless glaxi

the universe expanding infinitely disproves it being infinite??

1. It being expanding and infinite size isn't necessarily mutually exclusive. He could mean both.
2. If you take something of finite size, find its center and stretch it infinitely in 2 opposite directions, the center would remain the same despite the object now being of infinite size so I don't think it having a center proves it is finite.
3. The OP addresses this claim and says Bulma could be talking about the observable universe, not the entire thing.

Continue from here.

Primary Source

Scan 1

Super Anime - Episode 29:

It is supported in the anime, where Shenron mentions space to have a boundless expanse.

Scan 2​

There are places beyond the edge of the Observable Universe that we see in Super since it's littered with stars and light. See the guide scans below for more details.

main-qimg-ff15384bb117d88a936a153996435d88-lq.jpg

Guides

Daizenshuu 4​

Scan 1​

Screenshot_125.png

"Infinitely expanding and galaxy illuminations Ten of thousands of light years.. Hundreds of millions of light years.. Countless unknown aliens monsters live beyond stars where light cannot reach."

Scan 2​

This Daizenshuu scan refers to what we're calling the 'Observable Universe' here, it talks about an infinitely expanding light but with darkness that still dwells before it, and creatures that live there. This is the section where the Four Kaio govern their own associated cardinal direction holding countless galaxies.
IMG_6422.png

"The infinitely expanding universe is determined mainly by the direction that each king manages, and the place managed by the king is supervised by the king of the world, and the gods of the north, south, east, and west manage the Universe. Ultimately, the Great King God is supposed to oversee the whole world."

It's in the Unobservable Universe that lays beyond the edge. There are no contradictions. Everything is in line with the show.

Daizenshuu 4​

Now, for the scans on the infinite nature of the entirety of the Living World:
Screenshot_126.png

"An infinite space of light and darkness where the unknown lives"

Daizenshuu 7​

Screenshot_128.png

"An endless space that envelops all celestial bodies that exist in this world."

Chozenshu 4​

Translation credits: here

The full quote from the guide is exactly here

Alternate Timelines​

Toei/GT​

Scan 1​

What lies beyond, is the 'Unobservable Universe.' We call it Unobservable, because it's stated to be beyond the Stars and contain no light, and it is the same place where Yakon was stated to come from and reside in, and the place that they fought him in.
Screenshot_129.png

Scan 2​

In GT, as well it has been supported that there are boundless galaxies.

GT has been accepted to be a alternate timeline and canon to super aka same cosmological structure to prime universe.

DBGT Episode 2:
j0y3hi.png

People read incomplete Daizenshuu pages at surface level, see that it refers to both a Universe that is infinitely expanding and outright infinite, and falsely conclude that it has inconsistencies. This is false. The same people do this and end up thinking that the DB Universe only has 4 galaxies.
Read all available information, and with the proper context provided you will understand how the DB cosmology works. It's a cosmology that contains both an infinitely expanding Universe, and an infinite Universe.

Also about Bulma statement that they live at the edge of the Universe is kinda being overused and ignoring all the previous statements, also that it seems highly unlikely for eartg or milky way galaxy to be at the edge, it is more reasonable that Bulma is talking about observable Universe.

Agree: @Aachintya31 , @BestMGQScalerEver , @LuffyRuffy46307, @Guacamolefletcher, @pineappleman, @Da3ggman, @Quasar002, @K_o_Karlyn, @1st_Virtue_of_Pure_Void, @Robo, @VegetaSama1453 , @Jaakor48, @Matrixxxx, @Lord_Farquaad69420

Disagree:

Neutral: @LordGriffin1000, @DarkDragonMedeus , @Damage3245

Mark me as agree for now.
I think it would be easier if you added some of the counterarguments to the post. I'll see if I can gather some but idk.

Bruhh, there is like three statements in the guidebook, 1 is infinitely expanding, 2 is infinite space of light and darkness, 3 is endless space; not just only the infinitely expanding.

Also for peoples who argued that infinitely expanding contradict something that is infinite then no lol, infinite isn't a number, it mean no end, something which already infinite can still continue to increases, expand its size/length/etc....

Anyway, i always agree with infinite universe for DB, but for someone for participated in so many topic about this, i'm tired

Bruhh, there is like three statements in the guidebook, 1 is infinitely expanding, 2 is infinite space of light and darkness, 3 is endless space; not just only the infinitely expanding.

Also for peoples who argued that infinitely expanding contradict something that is infinite then no lol, infinite isn't a number, it mean no end, something which already infinite can still continue to increases, expand its size/length/etc....

Anyway, i always agree with infinite universe for DB, but for someone for participated in so many topic about this, i'm tired
Yeah this is what I said in better words. It can be both infinite size and infinitely expanding.

Neutral for now. I would like to hear the opposing sides arguments
It's gonna be the same ish, "infinitely expanding isn't infinite " (when guidebooks say it's expansive meaning it's infinite in size + ignores tht there is an observable nd unobservable aspect of the living universe) "bulma statement " (which only speaks on observable universe nd an infinite universe can still have a center nd stretch infinitely beyond tht point) or "these are from old guides, super retcon this" (when u literally have shenron saying the universe is infinite and the series follows the same cosmology that's been established, it just has more universes like it i.e. u6,u11 etc.). Another one will be "super shenron light was showing in the neutral zone nd it only shows galaxies( ignoring tht u literally can't show infinity in animation)

I don't mean to derail, but I'm willing to bet my entire month's of earnings any of those are gonna be brought up. Tbh I feel like peeps are not tryna have what's been true for so many years, be actually true nd are scared of the upgrades.

I'll stop nd watch nd can't wait for this to be applied. Cus it's going to be. Too much evidence, literally.

As Dragonball Mortal world is specifically based on irl Universe, it is safe to say it is consist of known and unknown Universe supported by guide books as the part of light and darkness, infinitely expanding seems to referring towards scattering of all mass, light in the Universe across infinite Universe continuously. Bulma statement taking seriously for explicit actual Universe is kinda Dumb as it seems to show that Galaxy is at the end of the Universe that is highly unlikely, not only it would make character aware that Universe is not everything but they will continuously be able to leave the Universe in and out at a will, Bulma seems to talking about observation universe. Also centre can mean a place through which all events can be analysed equally.
Is this gonna effect any profiles?
Yes. but a talk for later.

Universes are separated by a neutral dimension, which contains thousands of galaxies, there is also the dimension of lights, which is described as "superdimensional", it is only accessible when the universe is not hold all the energy.
When was this stated in Dragon Ball?

Uh yes, sorry for late reply. As per our default standards, we assume that multiverse exist in a insignificant higher Dimensional (5D) space that can makes Universe looks smaller from outside, that's why Universe in ben 10 was long accepted to be Infinite even though we had seen it from outside, as how we see existence from outside can be different than how we see it from inside. That's why multiverse with each Universe being Infinite is possible.
That would clear up my issues with Super Shenrons light though should provide a source for this in the OP that links to this standard.

As for other stuff brought up in other comments like infinite expansion. I wouldn't say that contradicts the whole universe already being infinite, just that the observable universe is expanding across the infinite space since their is shown to be space beyond it and if you add in guides they say their is infinite darkness beyond it so you could say the entire universe is infinite while the observable universe is constantly expanding throughout it so statements like them being at the edge could just refer to the observable universe like the OP mentioned.

I guess you can switch me to the agreeing side for right now. I was neutral because I was waiting for some solid counter points but until those show up I don't have any major issues at this time.

Bro what will it take for a mod that isn't neutral to show up 😭
It's a pretty controversial topic that has been discussed before so I'm not surprised if people want to remain neutral until all things are properly discussed.

Continue from here.

Primary Source

Scan 1

It is supported in the anime, where Shenron mentions space to have a boundless expanse.

Exept when we see the universe from outside and there is a bound in form bubles around the universes

Scan 2​

There are places beyond the edge of the Observable Universe that we see in Super since it's littered with stars and light. See the guide scans below for more details.

main-qimg-ff15384bb117d88a936a153996435d88-lq.jpg
The point is there there is an edge, bulma is talking about the area she has to scan in search of the super dragon balls, if the universe was infinite changing position wouldn't matter for scaning the entire area since the distance would be the same since it would be infinite

Guides

Daizenshuu 4​

Scan 1​

Screenshot_125.png

"Infinitely expanding and galaxy illuminations Ten of thousands of light years.. Hundreds of millions of light years.. Countless unknown aliens monsters live beyond stars where light cannot reach."

Scan 2​

This Daizenshuu scan refers to what we're calling the 'Observable Universe' here, it talks about an infinitely expanding light but with darkness that still dwells before it, and creatures that live there. This is the section where the Four Kaio govern their own associated cardinal direction holding countless galaxies.
IMG_6422.png

"The infinitely expanding universe is determined mainly by the direction that each king manages, and the place managed by the king is supervised by the king of the world, and the gods of the north, south, east, and west manage the Universe. Ultimately, the Great King God is supposed to oversee the whole world."
This one of king kai is not talking about any "observable universe" anywhere, it is only talking about "the universe" in general, no where in the scan it says what you said

It's in the Unobservable Universe that lays beyond the edge. There are no contradictions. Everything is in line with the show.
no, it says that it is talking about "the whole world" there, so it is talking about the entire universe, so it is a contradiction

Daizenshuu 4​

Now, for the scans on the infinite nature of the entirety of the Living World:
Screenshot_126.png

"An infinite space of light and darkness where the unknown lives"
This says that both light and darkness are infinite

Daizenshuu 7​

Screenshot_128.png

"An endless space that envelops all celestial bodies that exist in this world."

Chozenshu 4​

Translation credits: here

The full quote from the guide is exactly here

Alternate Timelines​

Toei/GT​

Scan 1​

What lies beyond, is the 'Unobservable Universe.' We call it Unobservable, because it's stated to be beyond the Stars and contain no light, and it is the same place where Yakon was stated to come from and reside in, and the place that they fought him in.
Screenshot_129.png

Scan 2​

In GT, as well it has been supported that there are boundless galaxies.

GT has been accepted to be a alternate timeline and canon to super aka same cosmological structure to prime universe.

DBGT Episode 2:
j0y3hi.png

People read incomplete Daizenshuu pages at surface level, see that it refers to both a Universe that is infinitely expanding and outright infinite, and falsely conclude that it has inconsistencies. This is false. The same people do this and end up thinking that the DB Universe only has 4 galaxies.
Read all available information, and with the proper context provided you will understand how the DB cosmology works. It's a cosmology that contains both an infinitely expanding Universe, and an infinite Universe.

This was discussed in the thread about gt, cosmology does not scale due to MWI, all possibities become real, so all possibilities for cosmology also become real, so this is not relevant here

"Also about Bulma statement that they live at the edge of the Universe is kinda being overused and ignoring all the previous statements, also that it seems highly unlikely for eartg or milky way galaxy to be at the edge, it is more reasonable that Bulma is talking about observable Universe"

Why it is "unlikely"? The statement itself never says anything about it taling about only an specific part of the universe

Here is my summary from the earlier thread, it was agreed to have a new thread to be created after both sides made summaries, kind of dishonest that the promise wasn't kept

The counter argument being used for the universe having an edge is that it is the edge of the "observable/light part" of the universe and that after that there is an infinite darkness that is infinite in size, but when we see the universe from an outside perspective we see no greater darkness surrounding a light part of it, which would disqualify this said darkness from even being a thing at all, some brought up how we don't see the other dimensions of the macrocosm, but since they are other dimensions they would be in other planes of existance and wouldn't be seeable from an outside perspective, plus the model used to say that they would be seeable is never used in the dbz manga and dbs anime so the series depiction takes precedence over it anyway,
it says
that it is talking about any observable universe in place of the entire universe, and we have no reason to believe that it is talking about an specific part of it, which is further corroborated by the fact that the whole point of bulma wanting to go to the center of the universe in the first place was to be able to scan the entirety of space to search for the super dragon balls

the statement itself never specified

Dude stop bringing Brazilian scans everytime, they have no value here, bring only translation from japanese

If the argument is about the darkness being the infinite thing, then why are we bringing scans about the supposed "observable universe"?

That is also a valid point i feel

Well, for now 3 neutral, 1 agree.
Firestorm didn't agreed

Put me down for agreement on at least infinite size universes fod Toei. But I'm neutral about Infinite size for Super. And if someone disagrees with infinite size because "It says infinitely expanding, thus not infimte hurr durr" while ignoring the infinitely expansive statement, their disagreement shouldn't be valid.

Lmao
Exept when we see the universe from outside and there is a bound in form bubles around the universes

The point is there there is an edge, bulma is talking about the area she has to scan in search of the super dragon balls, if the universe was infinite changing position wouldn't matter for scaning the entire area since the distance would be the same since it would be infinite

This one of king kai is not talking about any "observable universe" anywhere, it is only talking about "the universe" in general, no where in the scan it says what you said

no, it says that it is talking about "the whole world" there, so it is talking about the entire universe, so it is a contradiction

This says that both light and darkness are infinite

This was discussed in the thread about gt, cosmology does not scale due to MWI, all possibities become real, so all possibilities for cosmology also become real, so this is not relevant here

"Also about Bulma statement that they live at the edge of the Universe is kinda being overused and ignoring all the previous statements, also that it seems highly unlikely for eartg or milky way galaxy to be at the edge, it is more reasonable that Bulma is talking about observable Universe"

Why it is "unlikely"? The statement itself never says anything about it taling about only an specific part of the universe

Here is my summary from the earlier thread, it was agreed to have a new thread to be created after both sides made summaries, kind of dishonest that the promise wasn't kept

The counter argument being used for the universe having an edge is that it is the edge of the "observable/light part" of the universe and that after that there is an infinite darkness that is infinite in size, but when we see the universe from an outside perspective we see no greater darkness surrounding a light part of it, which would disqualify this said darkness from even being a thing at all, some brought up how we don't see the other dimensions of the macrocosm, but since they are other dimensions they would be in other planes of existance and wouldn't be seeable from an outside perspective, plus the model used to say that they would be seeable is never used in the dbz manga and dbs anime so the series depiction takes precedence over it anyway,
it says
that it is talking about any observable universe in place of the entire universe, and we have no reason to believe that it is talking about an specific part of it, which is further corroborated by the fact that the whole point of bulma wanting to go to the center of the universe in the first place was to be able to scan the entirety of space to search for the super dragon balls

the statement itself never specified

Dude stop bringing Brazilian scans everytime, they have no value here, bring only translation from japanese

If the argument is about the darkness being the infinite thing, then why are we bringing scans about the supposed "observable universe"?

That is also a valid point i feel

Firestorm didn't agreed

Lmao what I'd say🤣🤣🤣

We accepts Multiverse to be a insignificant 5D space, aka uncountable Infinite, so it's no wonder to look at a edge that is Infinite distance away from outside, alot of verses has been accepted to be Infinite despite looking as it barely contradicts anything.
Firestorm didn't agreed
I've been with firestorm for long, He is in support with the OP or else he has questioned the scans and statements rather than fixing it and don't reply to anything. He agrees.

We accepts Multiverse to be a insignificant 5D space, aka uncountable Infinite, so it's no wonder to look at a edge that is Infinite distance away from outside, alot of verses has been accepted to be Infinite despite looking as it barely contradicts anything.
Okay i concede on that point, there is still the others tho

I've been with firestorm for long, He is in support with the OP or else he has questioned the scans and statements rather than fixing it and don't reply to anything. He agrees.
He never said that he agrees tho, he organizing doesn't mean that automatically

I'm done, not my fault u a glutton for punishment ☠️
Why so hostile?

Anyway, it's fine if ppl have said their counter arguements but for all, do not take it to 7 pages of debate, unless it's smth different from the arguements of previous thread that has been linked in the OP.
This is why it was agreed to make both sides to make summaries and made an exclussive staff thread to evaluate both sides fairly, too bad that promise was broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back