• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball Cosmology Revision: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Supported by the show via Yakon's planet
3. Only a contradiction if you don't supplement with the guidebooks, and in these situations exactly are where guidebooks should be used
4. The argument we've made is that the edge is that of the Observable infinitely expanding universe, and what lays beyond is the infinite Unobservable Universe.
their arguments been explained in our summary so no reason to keep chatting just wait for staff and then that’s when you can start refuting
Bulma is super genius, so she is reliable for Cosmological statements, also jaco didn't said center don't exist but that universe is too big to reach the center from edge. Also we are done with giving summary so don't reply to me for arguing infinitely.
guys, stop answering and let it for staff, if we begin the answer the summaries this will go long and end up in several pages, stop

What lies beyond, is the 'Unobservable Universe.' We call it Unobservable, because it's stated to be beyond the Stars and contain no light, and it is the same place where Yakon was stated to come from and reside in, and the place that they fought him in.
Screenshot_129.png
Oh! I get it!

See, "Next Up, Goku" is the title of an episode from the TV anime, not the title of a chapter from the original series. In the original series, the Supreme Kai never even spoke of the Dark Star.

Also, a screenshot from the Dragon Ball Wiki? Really? Is this quote even from the original Japanese dialogue or the English dub?

No, Daizenshuu 4 clarifies that the Dark Star merely lacks a sun, as opposed to existing "in the far end of the universe, where no light can reach it". Hey, if the Supreme Kai referred to its location as "the far end of the universe", why is this being considered part of the unobservable universe?

Last edited:
And we know that this place HAS to be beyond the edge of the Observable Universe that we see in Super, since it's littered by stars and light. It's in the Unobservable Universe that lays beyond. There are no contradictions, everything is in line with the show.
main-qimg-ff15384bb117d88a936a153996435d88-lq.jpg
Oh, I wanted to speak about this point, too. There is something beyond the edge of the universe.

The neutral zone!

No, wait, that was wrong, too. Everybody is under the impression that the image shows the audience the edge of the universe, but that is not the edge of the universe, that is the edge of the galaxy. Notice how the backdrop leading into and following the galaxy sync up? They are the exact same image, because the entire backdrop is the outer space of the universe.

I can't believe I hadn't thought about this. How the hell is a galaxy on the inside of the universe going to illuminate the space beyond its edge? That edge is not even circular enough to act as the edge of the spherical universe.

Anyways,
No, wait, that was wrong, too. Everybody is under the impression that the image shows the audience the edge of the universe, but that is not the edge of the universe, that is the edge of the galaxy. Notice how the backdrop leading into and following the galaxy sync up? They are the exact same image, because the entire backdrop is the outer space of the universe.

I can't believe I hadn't thought about this. How the hell is a galaxy on the inside of the universe going to illuminate the space beyond its edge? That edge is not even circular enough to act as the edge of the spherical universe.
So what are you trying to say?

The screenshot where Bulma discusses wanting to travel from the edge of the universe to the center is interpreted as portraying Earth and the Milky Way galaxy as directly on the edge of the universe, and was used to argue that there exists a lightless unobservable universe beyond. This is incorrect, however, as the brown, dust-like rim in the image is not the edge of the universe but actually the edge of the Milky Way, disproving the idea of an unobservable universe.

It's the zone where Yakon's planet resides. That same planet is stated to be on the farthest side of the universe, where light cannot reach.
The same zone that is described within the Guidebooks.
Oh! I get it!

See, "Next Up, Goku" is the title of an episode from the TV anime, not the title of a chapter from the original series. In the original series, the Supreme Kai never even spoke of the Dark Star.

Also, a screenshot from the Dragon Ball Wiki? Really? Is this quote even from the original Japanese dialogue or the English dub?

No, Daizenshuu 4 clarifies that the Dark Star merely lacks a sun, as opposed to existing "in the far end of the universe, where no light can reach it". Hey, if the Supreme Kai referred to its location as "the far end of the universe", why is this being considered part of the unobservable universe?

IIRC

It's the zone where Yakon's planet resides. That same planet is stated to be on the farthest side of the universe, where light cannot reach.
The same zone that is described within the Guidebooks.

The episode is "Next up, Goku"

EDIT : the zone is also visually portrayed as pitch black IIRC
look at the manga chapter, anime is its own continuity and this thread is for canon cosmology

Aight, I'm getting pissed rn.

Stop ******* talking about High 3-A U7 this instant.

This CRT is about the cosmology in general, and not about such a controversial thing.

If you want to talk about it, do in another CRT, because it would make this one too long and people can barely follow it already.

It has a discussion rule, and it'll take a lot more than few staff to remove this role.

Aight, I'm getting pissed rn.

Stop ******* talking about High 3-A U7 this instant.

This CRT is about the cosmology in general, and not about such a controversial thing.

If you want to talk about it, do in another CRT, because it would make this one too long and people can barely follow it already.

It has a discussion rule, and it'll take a lot more than few staff to remove this role.
Just call the other staff then, instead of complaining.
Not in the mood :x
So relax, Op suggested talking about Anti agreed to talk about, so stop the misrepresentation.

Something I want to say is if you’re gonna talk about toei cosmology do that in a seperate CRT and not this one
Also the Infinite universe has 1 staff agree and 1 staff disagree so far
If this gets rejected then it’ll just make the argument for infinite universe not being infinite less unlikely to happen again as there’s counters to this this topic is important since a cosmology blog is being made so there’s no point in saying stop doing it and just disprove it

Can someone name the contradictions as well? And if someone mentions the edge of the universe again https://vsbattles.com/threads/dragonball-cosmology-revision-part-3.150265/post-5534537

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back