• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball: Infinite Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a mistranslation. It was actually saying the solar system is in a galactic nebula.
sonic2-agent-stone.gif

tbf, we need to have an actual look of the universe, since we see 2 different designs in the anime and manga, if we use the galaxy looking one then i can see your point but if we use the weird chandelier thing (i honest to god have no clue what else to call it) then you're point is kinda done
this was already agreed in an earlier thread, the anime uses only the "galaxy looking one" and never uses the "weird chandelier thing" in any appearance of the universe

I believe the translation in the OP is incorrect. Specifically the “infinitely expanding” parts. Every other translation I found of those quotes say “infinitely expansive”. Also “infinite light and darkness” meaning there’s infinite stars and space.
Not to mention the galaxies (areas/quadrants) are stated to “exist infinitely” anyway.
well that is not the argument being used by the op, the argument on it says that the only infinite part is the darkness, and that the "edge and center" statements + the scan area statement is only talking about the finite "light side/observable" universe, aka arguing that there isn't infinite galaxies and stars/light

NGL this thread might be my last, this shit is tiring and annoying. The rat arguments, dumb conversations, like what are we doing?? We had mounds of evidence just for a mod to allow a banned user to make an argument that it was flowery language all along like JC. And we still have like 5 mod votes.
Db threads do be like that, i am tired myself

I believe the translation in the OP is incorrect. Specifically the “infinitely expanding” parts. Every other translation I found of those quotes say “infinitely expansive”. Also “infinite light and darkness” meaning there’s infinite stars and space.
Not to mention the galaxies (areas/quadrants) are stated to “exist infinitely” anyway.
Zamasu, would you mind bringing your scans with your translation?

@Reiner

well that is not the argument being used by the op, the argument on it says that the only infinite part is the darkness, and that the "edge and center" statements + the scan area statement is only talking about the finite "light side/observable" universe, aka arguing that there isn't infinite galaxies and stars/light
The premise should have been that it’s all infinite due to all statements in the Daizenshuu saying such, when translated proper.
Infinity having an edge or a center is not a hard concept to grasp if the universe is infinitesimal from a certain POV.

65b9927db575c11ac1724e5f10b5c404cfe92526_hq.jpg

what about this?
is this from super? which episode? because if iirc that is from DBZKAI

The premise should have been that it’s all infinite due to all statements in the Daizenshuu saying such, when translated proper.
well, it isn't, so idk what to do now

Infinity having an edge or a center is not a hard concept to grasp if the universe is infinitesimal from a certain POV.
yeah but having a center that can reached via finite movement is also one strong contention point, plus........ngl this argument sounds weird, like iirc i believe we would need more context on the scene talking about the edge to use this argument, i would like more staff opinion on this specifically since it is a very major point for the infinite universe

Oh. My. God. Are you telling me that most of these pages are the result of a mistranslation?

I love Dragon Ball CRTS!

At least the originals support infinite universes even more than the mistranslation.

What the hell you all are even arguing smh 😭, keep the shit on topic man. For all, DBGT is canon to DBS and so the statements can be used with secondary sources confirming it.

@Aachintya31 , countless do not stands for Infinite or endless by default, true, as it can stand for "too many to count" w/o anything given but from DBGT statement of boundless galaxies, and Universe continously stated to be Infinite. I don't see why it being standing as a supportive evidence for Infinite is anywhere wrong.

nevermind, its from kai, though what about the manga? since we do see an outside shot of universe 10 i think it was
also dealt in an Earlier thread of mine, the manga uses it, the anime does not, different continuities

Oh. My. God. Are you telling me that most of these pages are the result of a mistranslation?

I love Dragon Ball CRTS!

At least the originals support infinite universes even more than the mistranslation.
well, there is a request for a full translation in the translation request thread, since it is a major point of the OP, i believe that it would be wise for all of us to wait idk why i am fooling myself, this is going to reach 10 pages again at this point before any requested translation could be done, now i understand why that rule about these topics was created, i am tired of this

What the hell you all are even arguing smh 😭, keep the shit on topic man. For all, DBGT is canon to DBS and so the statements can be used with secondary sources confirming it.

@Aachintya31 , countless do not stands for Infinite or endless by default, true, as it can stand for "too many to count" w/o anything given but from DBGT statement of boundless galaxies, and Universe continously stated to be Infinite. I don't see why it being standing as a supportive evidence for Infinite is anywhere wrong.
i mean, the boundless stuff may not be correct either, it is best if we just wait the translations requested in the translations request thread, since the majority of the arguments rely on it, i propose us doing like the alien x downgrade thread and just asked someone to close this and reopen later when the requested translations are done, it worked there for it to conclude, it would work here also i believe, because 7 pages of back and forth are definitely not helping at all

i mean, the boundless stuff may not be correct either, it is best if we just wait the translations requested in the translations request thread, since the majority of the arguments rely on it, i propose us doing like the alien x downgrade thread and just asked someone to close this and reopen later when the requested translations are done, it worked there for it to conclude, it would work here also i believe, because 7 pages of back and forth are definitely not helping at all
Upto you to prove its not tbh when it's a official sub. You have your time, I got mine, but limited. Anyway, there are total of 4 statements in total supporting Infinite.

Upto you to prove its not tbh when it's a official sub. You have your time, I got mine, but limited. Anyway, there are total of 4 statements in total supporting Infinite.
i mean, for the shenron one there is contention for sure, for the other one it is not so much about arguing against the meaning, but i think it would be better to be safe than sorry, a confirmation doesn't hurt, regardless my idea of closing and reopening could also be done for staff to evaluate it properly just like what it was done in the thread i mentioned, but if you think it is not nescesary, then i guess there is nothing i can do about it, but i believe that this is go on forever if not done so

also as a heads up @Damage3245 should be put on disagree as well, since he disagreed with a major point on the op, the edge of the universe point

is this from super? which episode? because if iirc that is from DBZKAI

well, it isn't, so idk what to do now

yeah but having a center that can reached via finite movement is also one strong contention point,
This is true technically, but it would also mean that a spaceship made to traverse the entire universe has infinite speed.
plus........ngl this argument sounds weird, like iirc i believe we would need more context on the scene talking about the edge to use this argument,
Yes it sounds weird but it’s still correct. Think about larger infinities. Bulma says she needs to go to the center of the universe to see the whole thing because earth is at the edge. This means the super dragon ball radar can scan an infinite radius but not an infinite diameter. This is another case of fictional infinities. Imagine a character crossing an infinite universe in 24 hours. In 12 hours he's halfway there which means he crossed an infinite radius. Once it's been 24 hours he's crossed the entire infinite diameter. Fiction multiplies and divides infinity in different ways, with the result still being infinite.
i would like more staff opinion on this specifically since it is a very major point for the infinite universe
Ok sounds good.

also as a heads up @Damage3245 should be put on disagree as well, since he disagreed with a major point on the op, the edge of the universe point
No, him disagreeing with a "part" of someone's arguement since always is not same as him disagreeing with the CRT or else, he hasn't been neutral to begin with. Regardless, I don't remember anything like earth being a center of observable Universe. So i don't proceed with this.

This is true technically, but it would also mean that a spaceship made to traverse the entire universe has infinite speed.
yeah but the way she described it as in "going from planet to planet until we reached the center", going to look for a clip later, i am in a thing right now irl

Yes it sounds weird but it’s still correct. Think about larger infinities. Bulma says she needs to go to the center of the universe to see the whole thing because earth is at the edge. This means the super dragon ball radar can scan an infinite radius but not an infinite diameter. This is another case of fictional infinities. Imagine a character crossing an infinite universe in 24 hours. In 12 hours he's halfway there which means he crossed an infinite radius. Once it's been 24 hours he's crossed the entire infinite diameter. Fiction multiplies and divides infinity in different ways, with the result still being infinite.
i understand larger infinities point, but how aplicable would this be in this case? like, it is regular 3D space where they can determine that they are on the edge, so they supposedly can see the end of the universe to determine that they are on the edge, wouldn't that disqualify infinity altogether?

Ok sounds good.
good thing we are on the same page

No, him disagreeing with a "part" of someone's arguement since always is not same as him disagreeing with the CRT or else, he hasn't been neutral to begin with. Regardless, I don't remember anything like earth being a center of observable Universe. So i don't proceed with this.
he disagreed with an argument in the op, it should be listed in some way in the said op

he disagreed with an argument in the op, it should be listed in some way in the said op
As the title speaks, it's for Infinite Universe, I do not much care if one have convinced themselves for other reasons than the OP and so agrees with the proposal or anything like that, it's not new for the threads to have the arguement and reasons different than the OP to come up while still being on the Topic. The agree: disagree: neutral is only for Infinite Universe and that's where it'll end. I hope to not repeat or continue this obvious.

Well thanks to Zamasu's translations, the scans basically says that the universe is infinitely expansive, has Infinite light and darkness, and has infinite numbers of galaxies/galaxies that exists infinitely alongside GT's statement which says that there are boundless galaxies......for me, this sounds as STRAIGHTFORWARD as it can get. I'm agreening even more with the premise of the thread. The counter arguements aren't honestly that much convincing. And we really need more staff opinion and less useless back and forth

yeah but the way she described it as in "going from planet to planet until we reached the center", going to look for a clip later, i am in a thing right now irl
Yeah, find it for me cause this sounds new to me.
i understand larger infinities point, but how aplicable would this be in this case? like, it is regular 3D space where they can determine that they are on the edge, so they supposedly can see the end of the universe to determine that they are on the edge, wouldn't that disqualify infinity altogether?
No it wouldn’t. Having and end should not contradict this due to fictional things covering an infinite area in the first place. Again it's the very basis of infinite speed reaching infinite's end. You have to remember this is fiction.

As the title speaks, it's for Infinite Universe, I do not much care if one have convinced themselves for other reasons than the OP and so agrees with the proposal or anything like that, it's not new for the threads to have the arguement and reasons different than the OP to come up while still being on the Topic. The agree: disagree: neutral is only for Infinite Universe and that's where it'll end. I hope to not repeat or continue this obvious.
but well, it was a point of the op that Earth was on the edge of the universe and that the edge was from the observable universe and thus not a contradiction to infinite universes was it not? because that is what he disagreed with

Well thanks to Zamasu's translations, the scans basically says that the universe is infinitely expansive, has Infinite light and darkness, and has infinite numbers of galaxies/galaxies that exists infinitely alongside GT's statement which says that there are boundless galaxies......for me, this sounds as STRAIGHTFORWARD as it can get. I'm agreening even more with the premise of the thread. The counter arguements aren't honestly that much convincing. And we really need more staff opinion and less useless back and forth
Well, tbf, Zamasu's stuff need to be verified first.

Also, @Executor_N0 has approved the translation, as I said, sans translation was no different than translation provided here but just his arguement that all of them are flowery. It's not a translation issue.
well, now we just need that shenron translation checked and most of the concerns are dealt with

not the whole crt, but a point in it

this doesn't address what i said
I don't get it... Why you care about something that doesn't matter... We are discussing here Infinite Universe with many with their own arguements while agreeing with the OP, take Zamasu as an example, I have never seen a CRT dealt that way? Also I am ending this topic here, needless derailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back