• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly at this point, if the shit with Vegeta isn't properly addressed, we should at least start looking at the possibility of immeasurable being an outlier/only getting a 'possibly' rating. Even if the feats themselves are 100% solid, that still won't remove other contradictions, which should always be taken into account.
I have already suggested this. I proposed that we give a possibly rating. But I agree with your points as well.

So regarding those scans, can someone explain why Vegeta needs Chronoa to send them all to a point in history when the argument being made is that they can all fly through time? Like, if Vegeta is immeasurable, then why does he need someone else to do the time traveling for him? This seems like a much more blatant confirmation of characters lacking the ability to literally fly through time than the portal stuff imo
WQ5ltuk.png
Was this before or after the immeausrable speed feats because I recal Trunks being MF+ until he trained for like a year and a half and gained immeasurable speed so depending on when this happened it could be similar

well they never cross actual significant distances at peak speed, and flight speed for travel is consistently bad and low for DB characters
That literally only applies to flight in og dragonball and Z that's not even present in super onwards hell in super you have people flying full speed across intergalactic distances in 20 minutes without strain

Vegeta knew where to go, he supposedly has the ability to go there whenever he pleases, is visibly impatient with the only other person who could send him there, yet is somehow unwilling or unable to just fly there himself. What exactly should we consider this if not an anti-feat?
Because Vegeta actually didn't know where he was going. Space-time destinations are an established thing in the verse, and Vegeta due to being just recruited has absolutely no clue where he's going. How does he know which history's version of the Cell Games he needs to travel to considering how there are also other histories that have gone through the Cell Games aswell. In the very same scan that you posted, Vegeta doesn't even know what a history even exactly is so how can you assume that he knows what history's version of the Cell games he needs to travel to when he doesn't even completely know the very basics of his new job? Him having gone through the Cell Games doesn't somehow grant him the info for this specific history's destination and the Time Scroll doesn't just give him that information either, it only shows the specific history it records.

Tldr: Is there any proof that Vegeta knows what specific history's version of the Cell Games he needs to travel to? Him having gone through the Cell Games doesn't tell him what specific history's Cell Games he needs to go to, and the Time Scroll only shows the recordings of a specific history, not its actual location in space-time. And since he doesn't even know exactly what a history even is at that point, I highly doubt he actually knows which history's Cell Games he needs to go to

Last edited:
Do y’all seriously think they’re supposed to know the exact era they’re attempting to fly Into?? The space time destination shit isn’t even needed because this should be common knowledge anyways

So what are the conclusions here so far, especially from our staff members?

So what are the conclusions here so far, especially from our staff members?
I've addressed the Vegeta stuff. He was just recruited and there's no proof that he actually knows which history's version of the Cell Games he needs to travel to especially when there are plenty of other histories that have gone through the Cell Games too. DarkDragonMedeus seems to agree with me pretty much.

Last edited:
I've addressed the Vegeta stuff. He was just recruited and there's no proof that he actually knows which history's version of the Cell Games he needs to travel to especially when there are plenty of other histories that have gone through the Cell Games too. DarkDragonMedeus agrees with me pretty much.
@DarkDragonMedeus

I've addressed the Vegeta stuff. He was just recruited and there's no proof that he actually knows which history's version of the Cell Games he needs to travel to especially when there are plenty of other histories that have gone through the Cell Games too. DarkDragonMedeus agrees with me pretty much.
Except Trunks outright says "This guy is you in the past!", so it is very blatantly the same Cell Games DBH Vegeta experienced in the past. Which he could, yknow, tell from looking at his body as it is clearly displayed in the time scroll. Doesn't take a genius to recognize your own corpse.

Except Trunks outright says "This guy is you in the past!", so it is very blatantly the same Cell Games DBH Vegeta experienced in the past. Which he could, yknow, tell from looking at his body as it is clearly displayed in the time scroll. Doesn't take a genius to recognize your own corpse.
And this tells him the actual destination of this history in space-time because.......? As I mentioned before, this Vegeta is still a novice so him navigating through space-time and histories on his own is very unlikely

And this tells him the actual destination of this history in space-time because.......? As I mentioned before, this Vegeta is still a novice so him navigating through space-time and histories on his own is very unlikely
Because it is the same version of the Cell Games that this version of Vegeta has already experienced.
image.png

"This guy is you in the past" is direct confirmation that this is the SAME Vegeta, just at different points in time.
And again, why does Vegeta being a novice matter if he'd have immeasurable speed anyways? If you need some special experience in order to use your immeasurable speed properly, then nobody without that experience has any business scaling to immeasurable (or at least it wouldn't be combat applicable lol).

Just make up your mind on whether or not experience is needed to fly through time. If you do not need experience, then Vegeta's thing is a cut and dry anti-feat. If you do need experience, then nobody but experienced time patrollers should scale to immeasurable.

Because it is the same version of the Cell Games that this version of Vegeta has already experienced.
image.png

"This guy is you in the past" is direct confirmation that this is the SAME Vegeta, just at different points in time.
And again, why does Vegeta being a novice matter if he'd have immeasurable speed anyways? If you need some special experience in order to use your immeasurable speed properly, then nobody without that experience has any business scaling to immeasurable (or at least it wouldn't be combat applicable lol).

Just make up your mind on whether or not experience is needed to fly through time. If you do not need experience, then Vegeta's thing is a cut and dry anti-feat. If you do need experience, then nobody but experienced time patrollers should scale to immeasurable.
is that the scan after they travel to the timeline Vegeta was trying to go to? Because if it is then your scan just shows that Trunks tells him once they arrive to the timeline which wouldn’t mean he didn’t know before he was told

And once again, how does this tell him where this history is located in space-time? If Vegeta doesn't know the destination of his history in space-time, how does he know to pick the right history from the endless amount of other histories that exist. Him being a novice matters because he doesn't know where he's actually going. This being his own history doesn't matter if he doesn't even know where to find it in the sea of limitless histories.

And once again, how does this tell him where this history is located in space-time? If Vegeta doesn't know the destination of his history in space-time, how does he know to pick the right history from the endless amount of other histories that exist. Him being a novice matters because he doesn't know where he's actually going. This being his own history doesn't matter if he doesn't even know where to find it in the sea of limitless histories.
B
Because it's the same history he's already experienced?? He was there?? Of course he knows where it is???? Idk about you, but I have a pretty clear idea of where the locations where I almost died are.

The fact that there are limitless histories doesn't matter when this history is literally just. Part of his own timeline. Something he would be intimately familiar with. There are millions of houses in the world, but I can find my own house extremely easily because I ******* live there. It's the same concept here.

is that the scan after they travel to the timeline Vegeta was trying to go to? Because if it is then your scan just shows that Trunks tells him once they arrive to the timeline which wouldn’t mean he didn’t know before he was told
Doesn't matter because he can SEE the scroll on the table, which is depicting the event. He would know which history it is because he knows what his own body looks like this isn't hard to understand

B
Because it's the same history he's already experienced?? He was there?? Of course he knows where it is???? Idk about you, but I have a pretty clear idea of where the locations where I almost died are.

The fact that there are limitless histories doesn't matter when this history is literally just. Part of his own timeline. Something he would be intimately familiar with. There are millions of houses in the world, but I can find my own house extremely easily because I ******* live there. It's the same concept here.

Doesn't matter because he can SEE the scroll on the table, which is depicting the event. He would know which history it is because he knows what his own body looks like this isn't hard to understand
There would be countless variants of the cell games Vegeta could easily go to the wrong cell games this is not the same as knowing which house to go in because you stay in the neighborhood for most of your life but there’s an infinite amount of timelines and different variations of similar events so it is not the same

B

Except were not dealing "millions of houses" here. We're dealing with alternate histories that exist in entirely different spacetimes. Finding your own house or the location where you almost got killed is one thing, but finding the very dimension that you live in which would atleast require you to navigate through spacetime is another thing. Him having been there doesn't change this.

Holy shit none of you are understanding the point

Vegeta does not need to track down a specific space-time out of trillions or whatever. He just needs to be familiar with the main "canon" DBZ timeline, because we know that DBH Cell Games era Vegeta = DBH modern Vegeta. It is the same timeline he has been living his whole life. That is explicitly confirmed. He does not need to go to another timeline, simply the past of the timeline he is currently in.

Holy shit none of you are understanding the point

Vegeta does not need to track down a specific space-time out of trillions or whatever. He just needs to be familiar with the main "canon" DBZ timeline, because we know that DBH Cell Games era Vegeta = DBH modern Vegeta. It is the same timeline he has been living his whole life. That is explicitly confirmed. He does not need to go to another timeline, simply the past of the timeline he is currently in.
But he does need to go to another history though. He's not in his timeline anymore, he's in the Time Nest which is not in Vegeta's timeline. To get to to his own history from the Time Nest he needs to find it first. Him being familiar with Main "canon" DBZ doesn't change anything since nearly every history follows the same events.

But he does need to go to another history though. He's not in his timeline anymore, he's in the Time Nest which is not in Vegeta's timeline. To get to to his own history from the Time Nest he needs to find it first. Him being familiar with Main "canon" DBZ doesn't change anything since nearly every history follows the same events.
Real quick, how did he get to the time nest from his regular timeline?

Pretty sure the scan you showed if vegeta telling Chronoa to hurry up is in the time nest*
...No, I mean how did Vegeta enter the time nest in the first place from his home timeline? Was he simply teleported there, or was physical movement involved?

If it's the latter, he could just retrace his steps from earlier to reach the Cell Games. Different time period, sure, but it'd occupy the same physical space.

I don't have time to look over everything but from what I can see, the thread is currently discussing Immesurable Speed? That's a bit above my pay grade especially since I don't know the verse like that but can someone post the current arguments for and against so I can evalute it to some degree.

Dagoth seems to have clarified was that Vegeta simply didn't know a location and needed some directions rather than him needing assistance to time travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back