• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball - Gohan's High 4-C upgrade

Do we need a key for Gohan for this?

At least Large Star level (Placing a significant amount of stress on his body by training with the Z-Sword, his strength had grown exponentially, even leading the Supreme Kai to believe that he wielded "limitless power"[8]), higher as a Super Saiyan (Drew the Z-Sword from out of the ground, a feat that the gods were incapable of achieving; albeit, with a struggle), far higher as a Super Saiyan 2

This version of Gohan never actually had a fight and has no new abilities aside from a non-specific stat increase.

It was note worthy before since Z sword training gohan scaled completely differently than his key in the beginning of the buu saga. Now it's just unquantifiably higher.
Simply destroy it and add a little sentence in the justification of the buu saga key saying "He gets much stronger after training with the Z sword."

Gohan absolutely does get stronger after training with the Z Sword; while he was stronger than the Supreme Kais even before that, he eventually surpassed Goku and Vegeta momentarily even before Old Kai's appearance and becoming Ultimate Gohan/Final Gohan given he got used to its weight before Goku did. Also, does that include the ancient Supreme Kais who actually fought Kid Buu that couldn't lift the Z Sword?

Gohan gets three amps in Buu saga; the Zenkai via his beating from Fat Buu and later healed by Kibito, the Z Sword training, and Old Kai's training. But even his base form is not to be underestimated even before that 1st amp.

Not that it matters as it won’t become an official key for his profile, but since base Goku struggled to swing the Z sword, whereas Base Gohan was handling it like a pro towards the end of his training it should be fair to assume he scales above Goku in all equivalent forms, meaning he is 4-B in SS2, most likely above his Cell saga self at that point much like Goku and Vegeta.

imo if his z training phase is to be added as a brief note on his profile it should be like this:

4-B as Super Saiyan 2 ( Could handle the Z sword better than Goku who had become stronger than Gohan’s previous peak during the Cell Games )

Last edited:
Also I don’t think the implications towards scaling have been touched in this thread, but Gohan initially had to use SS1 to wield the sword making it so proper handling of the weapon scales to 50x times above semi perfect cells level when accounting for the SS1 multiplier.

So post Z sword training Base Gohan who could handle it with relative ease is 50x stronger than semi perfect cell ( 900 ish tenatons) making his SS1 form 2500x that level or 2,447.36 tenakilotons or roughly 100 foe which would be solid 4-B.

Gohan needed Super Saiyan to pull the Z-Sword out of the ground. After, he was able to hold and begin training with the sword in his base form.

Might be a little late, but I definitely think a separate key for Gohan after the Z-Sword training is warranted, especially if his power increased enough to put him above his prior levels of SSJ.

In that case, post-Z-Sword training Gohan (and possibly Goku, as he could swing the Z-Sword around) would scale to ~2.04 Foe in base and 102 Foe as a Super Saiyan, placing him several times into 4-B.

I agree with this, also ss2 gohan should be above majin vegeta and goku too
In that case, post-Z-Sword training Gohan (and possibly Goku, as he could swing the Z-Sword around) would scale to ~2.04 Foe in base and 102 Foe as a Super Saiyan, placing him several times into 4-B.
Where did goku swing it?

I agree with this, also ss2 gohan should be above majin vegeta and goku too

Where did goku swing it?
0284-005.png

Here

Goku doesn't seem to have much difficulty holding the sword, just him being surprised by its sheer weight, as after the swings he holds it just fine with no issues

On an unrelated note, is a Toei Gohan profile acceptable? Toei Cell got accepted despite the only difference between it and the manga Cell profile being a difference in tiers

Back on the topic of Gohan with Z sword training, does this have any ramifications towards scaling?

afaik this scales to DBS manga trunks and Dabura given that the former underwent the same training, although I’m uncertain if this would retroactively scale to OG manga Dabura and Perfect Cell by extension.

Back on the topic of Gohan with Z sword training, does this have any ramifications towards scaling?

afaik this scales to DBS manga trunks and Dabura given that the former underwent the same training, although I’m uncertain if this would retroactively scale to OG manga Dabura and Perfect Cell by extension.
We don't have a key for future buu saga trunks anyway

We don't have a key for future buu saga trunks anyway
Well I’m more concerned about Dabura Scaling retroactively to 4-B as trunks undergoing the same training would logically be = Gohan
It would go like this

SSJ Gohan = SSJ Trunks = ~100 foe < Dabura= Perfect Cell

1. Where was it ever said that SSJ2 Gohan could stomp Dabura?

2. Where was it said that Super Buu was stronger than Goku + Vegeta and that Gohan was above Gotenks by "orders of magnitude"?

I mean, Super Buu + Gotenks beat Ultimate Gohan
I'm just the messenger 🚬

Well I’m more concerned about Dabura Scaling retroactively to 4-B as trunks undergoing the same training would logically be = Gohan
It would go like this

SSJ Gohan = SSJ Trunks = ~100 foe < Dabura= Perfect Cell
Dabura doesn't scale to post Z training gohan

DBS manga dabura does at least, he was beating a SS1 trunks who had been training with the Z sword as well and even brought It into the fight against him.
I know that, and yes that should make him 4B

But i personally don't downscale Z from super, idk about the wiki tho

We could maybe make a "future dabura" profile

I'll just address this bit:

(Buu Saga) Vegeta > Gohan >>> Yakon and Pui-Pui > Shin

Gohan (and base Goku) is not implied to be heavily superior to Yakon. As the OP points out, Gohan indicates it will take both of them together to Yakon. And when we get a comparison of the power between Yakon and Super Saiyan Goku, the comparison is 800 to 3,000. I know that power levels are nonsense, but Super Saiyan Goku is supposed to be 50 times his base form, no? The gap between 800 and 3,000 is a lot smaller than that.

So just that bit of the scaling chain I find questionable.

Back