• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Star Platinum is consistently depicted as being one of the physically strongest Stands in the series. As a result Stands that can keep up with it like Silver Chariot are downscaling from Building level+ to Building level. What interests me in this case is how much weaker they exactly are compared to Star Platinum. As in exactly how much weaker than Star Platinum are they treated in terms of Attack Potency and Durability aside from being weak enough to not qualify for Building level+?

Blahblah9755 said:
I think most of them are probably considered comparable to Tarkus, but I don't know if there's a concrete number.
Well, Tarkus has a calculation on his page that gives a concrete number. Why are the physically weaker Stands considered comparable to Tarkus?

@IvoryAS

I'm pretty sure that not all Stands are scaled from Tarkus by default.

Just how big is the gap between Building level Stands and Star Platinum?

I believe they are considered comparable because of 1) Tarkus's boulder feat and 2) Tarkus compared to Dio and post Overpass Jonathan, who are, in turn, somewhat comparable to Star Platinum as shown by how strong DIO got after achieving his original strength from sucking Joseph's blood

BakiHanma18 said:
I believe they are considered comparable because of 1) Tarkus's boulder feat and 2) Tarkus compared to Dio and post Overpass Jonathan, who are, in turn, somewhat comparable to Star Platinum as shown by how strong DIO got after achieving his original strength from sucking Joseph's blood
Wasn't DIO after drinking Joseph's blood stronger than ever before? That's at least what DIO's profile says. There is also the fact that being weaker than someone doesn't make you comparable to someone who is also weaker than that someone.

He was stronger, but the change in his fighting style would dictate that he when from being weaker than Star Platinum to the point that he acted as a normal stand user (despite being able to flick away Emerald Splash) to comparable to Star Platinum, sometimes helping The World in combat and getting more actively involved. The chain would be Star Platinum/The World> Final DIO> DIO>= stands like Hierophant Green and the scaling to part 1 would have Dio and Jonathan stronger than DIO, as he even says he's lost much of his power, hence his hiding and minion'ing, so Star Platinum> F DIO > Dio and Jonathan> DIO

Nehz XZX said:
How does that make Stands scale to Tarkus?
DIO is stronger than stands like Hierophant Green fairly significantly, and with his showing in Part 3, he isn't too much weaker than Part 1. The gap between Tarkus and other stands is unquantifiable, but they are both comparable to DIO, and have shown to be similarly weak in comparison (Hierophant's undeflectable Emerald Splash getting flicked away, and Tarkus getting man-handled by a Jonathan that is roughly comparable to Dio)

Is Taekus weaker, comparable or stronger than Bulding level Stands?

Nehz XZX said:
Is Taekus weaker, comparable or stronger than Bulding level Stands?
Comparable to, possibly slightly stronger. Tarkus got disrespected in a similar fashion as Hierophant, but Hierophant was disrespected by DIO, who is weaker than the level of strength that disrespected Tarkus, Jonathan and Dio

tbh I'm pretty sure we just scale most Stands to an unquantifiabel degree weaker, but still strong enough to harm and contend, with Star Platinum.

Example being Hierophant, yeah he's clearly weakr but he still made SP bleed and was able to restrain a punch from him temporarily against Steely Dan. Most Stands somehow backscale to SP, due to fighting him, or fighting a Stand that has fought him. But they're all weaker, we just dont know by how much, but theyre not s weak they cant inflict any harm upon him.

Chariot190 said:
tbh I'm pretty sure we just scale most Stands to an unquantifiabel degree weaker, but still strong enough to harm and contend, with Star Platinum.

Example being Hierophant, yeah he's clearly weakr but he still made SP bleed and was able to restrain a punch from him temporarily against Steely Dan. Most Stands somehow backscale to SP, due to fighting him, or fighting a Stand that has fought him. But they're all weaker, we just dont know by how much, but theyre not s weak they cant inflict any harm upon him.
That's understandable but how would they compare to other characters that are at Building level?

idk, SP is at 1.1 tons. So if they're scaling back from SP, using HG as an example again, he's strong enough to harm him but probably not kill unless SP just stood there and took it. Also strong enough to survive blows from him, but said blows knock you on your ass.

Meaning theyre good against characters that are below + but if theyre above + they get outmatched quite quickly. Theyre in a weird limbo.

Back