• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jotaro's speed in parts 4 and 6.

As I see it, Star Platinum in parts 4-6 has "At least FTL, likely MFTL". Why "likely"? I mean, literally every second Stand in Part 5 has MFTL speed (Even Koichi's Stand, I remember, is comparable to Giorno's Stand). In addition, enraged Josuke in the profiles partially scales to calm Jotaro (Physical strength at least, but as I understand it, speed too). Characters in Part 6 "at most" are scaled to Jotaro.

However, they only have FTL speeds, scaling up to Jotaro.

Why is Jotaro only "most likely" MFTL (meaning he's possibly slower than even the Sex Pistols or Echos, not to mention Silver Chariot, even though Star Platinum is fastes Stand in the world even in those parts), and scaling up to him only gives characters FTL?

I'm not trying to dispute this or raise some revision, no, I just want to know the answer.

But as I understand it, it does not matter much for this site, because in 99.999999% of cases speed is equalized.

Why "likely"?
Because we don't know he still retain any of his MFTL speed, we know he's slower, but not how much slower. But we know that his absolute weak is still FTL. So's he's at least FTL, and likely MFTL.
I mean, literally every second Stand in Part 5 has MFTL speed
They are "at most", they barely reach this speed. They're blitzed by a MFTL character a lot and can barely react.
Even Koichi's Stand, I remember, is comparable to Giorno's Stand
No
In addition, enraged Josuke in the profiles partially scales to calm Jotaro (Physical strength at least, but as I understand it, speed too). Characters in Part 6 "at most" are scaled to Jotaro.

However, they only have FTL speeds, scaling up to Jotaro.
Because they're slower than Star Platinum who's at least FTL.
Why is Jotaro only "most likely" MFTL (meaning he's possibly slower than even the Sex Pistols or Echos, not to mention Silver Chariot, even though Star Platinum is fastes Stand in the world even in those parts), and scaling up to him only gives characters FTL?
Already answered.

They are "at most", they barely reach this speed. They're blitzed by a MFTL character a lot and can barely react.
Yes, but at least they have that speed, and Jotaro just probably has that speed. You're using the argument that he's the fastest Stand even in his weakest forms, doesn't that make him faster than Silver Chariot in Part 5 or King Crimson? They still exist in the world, and Jotaro is stated to be the fastest of them all. Otherwise, it turns out that "Sex Pistols is likely slower than Jotaro, but there is a possibility that he is hundreds of times faster", because Jotaro is only likely MFTL, but at least he is just FTL, which makes him hundreds of times slower than Mista, which, although "At most MFTL", but it clearly and 100% has such a speed in the profile, although it cannot be scaled higher.
Because they're slower than Star Platinum who's at least FTL.
Already answered.
You didn't understand what I meant.

I mean why do they have "At most FTL" and not "At most FTL to MFTL" given that Jotaro is "FTL, likely MFTL"?

Back