• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrading the Dream Depot's size to at least low 2-C.

Sure, let's jot talk about how it was unfair to close the thread before OP could even respond to DDM's last post. There's a difference between being too stubborn to admit you're wrong and continuously responding with things that actually make sense.

Again, you're using at populum to try and justify a thread getting closed and concluded. That's very faulty reasoning, as many threads would've been different if ad populum was the reason why things get accepted or rejected amd we'd have less accuracy.

OP has replied, many times, for a few weeks straight I do believe. There is no end in sight and going in circles is a waste of everyone's time. At this point the best you can do is come to a conclusion with what has been argued and seeing to what side people lean, rather than a never ending rabbit hole where neither side is obviously agreeing.

Is much better to assume people aren't dumb and can come to an informed opinion after reading some of the thread rather than let a never ending discussion continue and lead nowhere.

U literally said other admins agree on the thread u made for @ant and no one is stubborn. Right now ur just repeating the same thing about ad populum. Also adding random admins that have no knowledge whatsoever is rather pointless since they care nothing for this thread or just wont respond entirely since poisoning the well is ur issue

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
OP has replied, many times, for a few weeks straight I do believe. There is no end in sight and going in circles is a waste of everyone's time. At this point the best you can do is come to a conclusion with what has been argued and seeing to what side people lean, rather than a never ending rabbit hole where neither side is obviously agreeing.

Is much better to assume people aren't dumb and can come to an informed opinion after reading some of the thread rather than let a never ending discussion continue and lead nowhere.
You're not accounting for the breaks this thread would get, reaching days at a time with no activity. Which kinda makes the argument of "this has been going on for weeks" kinda untrue if you're talking about actual activity.

You're completely missing my point. People can form opinions, but what you can't do is try to get a thread closed because of ad populum. There needs to be a debate, not complaints over needing to have one. And there is one, so why close it in the middle of it? That's my point.

Brakes don't matter, this has been argued many times already. If both sides haven't agreed at all this far, trying to continue and waste more time is a dumb move. Not all arguments are just completely decisive and acting like they could be is being unrealistic.

******* hell... ugh, I'll just unsubscribe. Threads like this are getting incredibly tiring and pointless.

The people who are actualy debating should be the ones arguing about wasting time and stuff, again if 2-B is solid nothing will happen and you won't waste your time, everyone wins

Or an argument that hasn't been resolved is not gonna be resolved any time close and letting people decide what they side with after reading both arguments instead of continuing on endlessly in circles is much more effective.

The majority I have seen have been against the arguments as far as I remember and see now that I check the thread again, leaving aside the Poisoning the Well stuff that has nothing to do with the veracity of arguments.

Trying to make every argument boil down to a finite point is also impossible though, as some times people don't reach a consensus. You either get trying to see where the majority opinion leans after everything has been argued, argue some more to see if one or the other side is finally convinced, or remain in unmoving stasis forever or until the side that is busier is unable to keep answering.

I checked recent activity and saw this, and I have an itch about not making my point clear.

This probably is not the place but here is a possible upgrade for the dream depot. Both the underwhere and overthere are underworlds for the multiverse so it is possible the dream depot is also multiversal and since the universes behave similar it is possible that as said in colorsplash all atoms can dream in each universe. If I'm right (which I'm probably not) the dream stone and chaos heart could get a huge upgrade. Sorry I probably wasted your time.

This is only going or not go through if a admin agrees anyways, so no worrys about all this, just let them go at it, it's amusing, or if Mephistus wants to stop

First of all, I do agree it was far too soon to close the thread. Mephistus at least deserves a chance to respond, even though I thought he said he was done with this. However, there was still false information said about me. And actually, I did refute his details by explaining the balance of our system and Mephistus was the one ignoring evidence brought up by both myself and DatOneWeeb. There is no "Football sized Dream world", that was debunked by Antasma being able to hide Peach within that same dimension, and despite Mario allegedly reaching the end, there's still far more reaching of space for Peach to be hidden.

And yes, "Collection of Worlds/Dimensions" or "A World containing many worlds with each of those smaller worlds containing their own bodies of space" has those bodies of space generally assumed to be parallel to each other. Whether the Big World is a Universe with those smaller worlds being pocket realities is one thing, the other is the big world containing it all is a Multiverse with the smaller worlds being Universes. In Chronicles of Narnia, both Narnia and "The Real World" are Universes, so the other "Alternate Worlds among the many pools" are also Universes. So yes, if at least one Dream Dimension is Universe sized, then all of them are Universe sized. There's nothing super special about Future Dream that makes it infinity bigger than all the other Dream Dimensions put together, unlike 4th Dimensional Space.

Although being called "Worlds" or "Dimensions" has nothing to do with sides. A bunch of "Bodies of space that exist next to each other" or "Parallel worlds or dimensions" due have being parallel to each other as a default. All "Parallel dimensions" or "Quantum Spaces" in Castlevania are 4-A sized since there are at least some that are 4-A sized. Hyrule, Dark World, and Sacred Realm are all at least High 4-C sized because Sacred Realm has an Earth to Sun distance and Hyrule and Dark World are both parallel to it. So with these in mind, Future Dream alone being Universe sized is all we need to prove all Dream Worlds are Universes. It exists next to every other Dream dimension and the literal definition of "Parallel" is to exist next to each other.

This is not Ad Populum any more than the other threads were. Also, pointing moderately negative behaviors on the opponents side isn't attacking people or poisoning the well. Perhaps calling people a troll was, which I have since retracted that comment. But even that's hardly anything compared to the stuff people say to me all the time. Also, just a heads up, if you don't care about a verse, it's generally best to not even bother with threads regarding it. Coming here just to give friends some FRA's really isn't the best tactic. It's not a rule violation or anything, but it's still considered a frowned upon tactic. Not anymore than staff closing threads, but that's why I never closed the thread or thing it was best for Antvasima to close it.

Anyway, Mephistus iirc, said he's done discussing this and was the only one supporting the downgrade giving semi-constructive debates. But I've heard others have said they were done or didn't care anymore only to come back. He can still continue to debate if he wants for now, but I doubt it's going anywhere. And the staff members being contacted have either said nothing, or said they knew nothing on the verse and didn't want to get involved. And I know Dino has been busy and said he only wants to come if there's a final consensus.

Back