• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dovahkiin vs Samus Aran

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lean a little towards Samus FRA. Following the Standard Battles Assumptions (SBA), none of the combatants know each other previously, so none knows what the other is capable of. However, following the Verse equalizatio of the SBA, Samus's Scan Visor would be effective in throwing her basic information about Dovahkiin regardless of whether it belongs to the Elder Scrolls universe; which would mean that Samus would start with a small advantage here. In character, Samus always starts the battles doing this, so it's good for me to start with that advantage as part of her strategy. On the other hand, Dovahkiin has no personality, and this is where things get difficult. It is true that Dovahkiin could start the battle with an infinity of possibilities that could kill Samus from the beginning; but if we are fair and we put a neutral personality, Dovahkiin would never start the battle by throwing the worst he has; otherwise, it would be assumed that Dovahkiin already has prior knowledge of Samus and somehow he would know that his other attacks would not hurt Samus.

^ Again he has no set personality. So we can't give him a "Neutral" personality. However it's easy to assume he'd lead with shouts. I believe the OP should specify what end what he doesn't have. Also I'd restrict that Wabajack, since you know it's made by a 2-A.

So essentially the battle depends on his personality, which there is none, and Samus does have a set personality.

So where there is a chance DH won't try to one shot, there isn't for Samus correct?

Knightofannihilation666 said:
^
Again he has no set personality. So we can't give him a "Neutral" personality. However it's easy to assume he'd lead with shouts. I believe the OP should specify what end what he doesn't have. Also I'd restrict that Wabajack, since you know it's made by a 2-A.

That's not really a good idea because I want DV to win, therefore, I would give him whatever lets him do so.

Starryknight200 said:
^
Again he has no set personality. So we can't give him a "Neutral" personality. However it's easy to assume he'd lead with shouts. I believe the OP should specify what end what he doesn't have. Also I'd restrict that Wabajack, since you know it's made by a 2-A.
That's not really a good idea because I want DV to win, therefore, I would give him whatever lets him do so.

Wabbajack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5DEWo56FIY

Mehrunes Razor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pw6yBzHqf0 ( In Lore this one shots no matter what )

" Electro armor " won't protect Samus from these godly weapons.

@Green hey do you remember the name of that daedric artifact chest piece? The One that looks like Ebony Armor?

I forgot the name of it but if he's wearing it I doubt she's getting past it.

@Green hey do you remember the name of that daedric artifact chest piece? The One that looks like Ebony Armor?

I forgot the name of it but if he's wearing it I doubt she's getting past it.
You mean the Ebony Mail?

Try making a CRT if that makes him 2-A in durability, cause until then, He's not 2-A in terms of durability.

Again he has no set personality. So we can't give him a "Neutral" personality.
More reason to grant him one, otherwise, the battle would turn into one of pure probabilities; since Dovahkiin would be like a robot without a personality that influences his decision making.

Objectively, we would also have to take into account the probabilities where Dovahkiin makes mistakes; since nothing assures us 100% that Dovahkiin would start with Time Stop or the next thing he does after the Time Stop would be to go for the kill.

I have no idea what Samus is capable of nor her ability set because tier 5 and below Bakugan ripoff characters always have to have flashy ability names with large descriptions + no actual base on their limits (sans the fact that their abilities hardly make the cut for that ability on the site)

and both of their profiles seem to be a massive mess, which, frankly, i cannot work with.

Ask Sheoth about this, or Shazam, As of right now I'm not voting.

@SITH massive mess? How is it a massive mass, all of their abilities are split between tabs...

@Starry, you do know you just confessed to bias while being the op of the thread?

@Green what was the comment about, if it wasn't anything rule breaking I can return it (although idk why it was removed)

@Knight that's the issue, given he has no set personality and Samus does, the likelihood of Samus using hax to win is higher, you understand what I'm trying to say?

I think Sithsit personally removed his comment due to it being a double post. Also, Starry merely mentioned that he wants DV to win which is different from saying "DV wins because he's cooler, or because I like him better."

Also, iirc, most characters who have no set personally are generally assumed to have average intelligence. Meaning he would have common sense for sure, but is no scientific or tactical Genius like Samus is.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part; "I will give him whatever lets him do so" part. But alright, no more derails on the thread, Samus just needs one more vote to conclude this; 200+ posts is more than enough.

Yes, I would like DV to win. Just like I wanted ST to win ST vs Homura, or like I wanted Scorpion to win in Scorpion vs Samurai Jack, both of which are threads I created. I create matches for characters I like, and I have to assume everyone else does the same. It's impossible to not have some form of bias because no matter what, you're always going to like one of the two characters in your matchup more than the other. That doesn't mean I'm going to personally skew the results (votes are public anyway so I wouldn't be able to get away with it if I tried), so I don't understand what the big deal is.

And those people that do make those threads don't blatantly tell others that they want their favorite character to win.

Because people will think you're making spite matches instead of legitimate matches since your only reason to make those threads is to make your favorite character win.

Well Scorp lost to Jack and call me crazy but it seems like this might result in a victory for Samus. Yet still the thread remains up. I would like DV to have another victory but if this was purely out of spite I could easily have closed this. I like Samus too but not quite as much as DV.

hahaha what a joke. This is how we decide who wins? This is flawed so much. I can easily get my friends to sign up and vote for somebody i like. " Oh he's a 2-A character against a 9-A but since the 9-A has more votes he wins " lmao

@Green well, votes that have incorrect reasoning don't count. Which I don't really see as most of the issue comes from the lack of personality of DV

Samus is not 9-A; they're both 6-C actually. The 2-A rating was removed from DV a while back due to lack of solid proof of it. Besides, how blowing up a Plateau on a 960 G environment only 9-A?

GreenF0rest123 said:
hahaha what a joke. This is how we decide who wins? This is flawed so much. I can easily get my friends to sign up and vote for somebody i like. " Oh he's a 2-A character against a 9-A but since the 9-A has more votes he wins " lmao
This of course a completely horrendous comparison

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Samus is not 9-A; they're both 6-C actually. The 2-A rating was removed from DV a while back due to lack of solid proof of it. Besides, how blowing up a Plateau on a 960 G environment only 9-A?
Are you joking? I'm giving an example of random tiers against each other

Gargoyle One said:
GreenF0rest123 said:
This of course a completely horrendous comparison
That's how bad it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back