• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dovahkiin vs Samus Aran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samus should take this with mid-high difficulty via scan visor, which can reveal his shouts cooldown weakness, precognition, being able to reflect projectiles back to the dragonborn, and Ice + Plasma beam combo.

Literally a single time stop instantly ends the fight.

But I'm not sure if he'll do it.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Time and Soul manipulation>Reflecting physical damage
Reflecting projectiles, which a good chunk of the dovakhin's spell are, also the soul manipulation only works after the opponent is dead.

Gargoyle One said:
Does that take time to reach him?
And how do we know?
It hardly takes time when her shots are as fast as her when she speed boosts. If you played any metroid game, her Ice beam stacks with her other powerups, and every few shots or charged shots instantly freezes an enemy.

How do we know? Samus uses scan visor at the start, then shoots him? Her basic attack.

Also , since she'd have used the scan visor she'd kniw about his abilities and thus exploit them, like know he has time stop? Off him in such a way that he won't it won't have time to do it.

Glass, actually any normal shot freezes outside of game mechanics (and most games insta freeze in normal shots too anyway, except I think Samus returns ).

How good is Dovahkiin's time manipulation? That's the only ability I'm unsure about, and did I hear that it's against his character to use it right away? Samus also has great resistance to every other hax ability that Dv has; including elemental manipulation, mind manipulation, and soul manipulation.

Samus is also far more tactical and versatile, that wave beam, ice beam combination hax is also too OP for Dv. There's also pre-recognition and the scanner that Samus can use to her advantage.

Where are you hearing this? He has literally no character, so I'm not sure where people are getting that from.

Anyway, It stops time for about 10 seconds.

Dovahkiin can slow down time for 16 seconds. I'm sure the cooldowns are game limitations. The Skyrim engine is unable to show just how powerful these shouts are.

Can ya prove its just game mechanics (because it definitely isn't a limitation, the hardware it ran on was strong enough to cut that out if need be).

Also what we see (or lore in this case), is what we get, especially in a game with no cutscenes.

I heard it from "other comments." Samus is a tank, she can withstand multiple Shock Coil attacks, which are said to atomize targets; not sure if 10 seconds is enough Dovahkiin to finish off Samus; and once time stop ends, DV is basically screwed.

Is he not free to just...Ya know...Bash her Helmet with a Broadsword?

Also how strong are these two AP wise?

She has precognition, and has an ice beam, which is meant to freeze her enemies on the spot. You're telling me that a broadsword is more effective than an arm cannon that can freeze her opponents?

DV is actually about 4~5x stronger, however, Samus's range and ice beam means she can one shot him from a distance quite easily.

Oh wait, I take that back actually. I just noticed DV's Island level rating came from this. which makes him roughly 4 times stronger than basic power suit Samus; that on top of the time stop makes this a stomp in DV's favor. I personally think this should be closed unless we ban time stop or something.

If we do ban time stop, either one of these characters could oneshot; DV's case oneshots do to power advantage, while Samus's Ice Beam/Wave Beam hax ignores conventional durability and freezes DV entirely. But Samus would be more likely to land the hit, but it would no longer be a stomp thread; but with time stop, this is a stomp.

...How does time stop make it a stomp.....?

Does this mean any and all fights with Time Stop are stomps?

They both One shot anyway, just one is better.

Actually, yes. Almost every fight with time stop; unless the other has resistance to it, or the character with time stop can only do it for a short time and isn't that much more powerful than their opponent, is guaranteed to be considered a stomp. So yeah, it's decisive one way or the other, but less stompy without time stop.

Time-Stop is useless in this case, Samus' visor would warn her and she would just use electric armor. All he would manage to do is spam hits only for it to just be tanked by her invulnerability.

So having one ability that gives you the win makes it a stomp?

Because if so, than I'm sorry, but that's not only contradictory of multiple other matchups, but we're effectively saying that any instawin techniques make a fight a stomp.

SomebodyData said:
Time-Stop is useless in this case, Samus' visor would warn her and she would just use electric armor. All he would manage to do is spam hits only for it to just be tanked by her invulnerability.
^This

Doesn't DV also have Ice Manipulation? Also how would Samus's visor be able to warn her about magic-based attacks?

I've only played Corruption so please excuse potential ignorant questions from yours truly.

The visor has information analysis, generally the details are:

- Species, Culture, Alignment, History, Abilities, Weaknesses

And yes DV also has Ice Manipulation, Samus just happens to have significantly superior ice manipulation as well as range tho.

Starryknight200 said:
Doesn't DV also have Ice Manipulation? Also how would Samus's visor be able to warn her about magic-based attacks?
The scan visor allowed her to find the ing's weakness, a species that doesn't exist in her dimension. And her ice beam is one of the most broken ice abilities out there.

I don't think we use the cooldown for his shouts. Anyway voting for the Dragon Born via durability negation via Mehrunes Razor, the Fus Ro Dah ( Dragon Born DLC makes it capable of disintegration.), Become Ethereal, Higher AP, the bend will shout ( Empathetic Manipulation ) also he's capable of healing Mid Battle, Nords have an extreme resistance to the Cold, the Spell Breaker should also come in handy seeing as how it can dispel Energy / magical attacks. I'm not sure if InVulnerability is gonna be an issue since the DG can attack ghosts. There's also Life Leech weapons that heal him while attacking.

There's also Battle Cry which makes the enemy flee for 30 seconds that'll help a lot here. Oh also he can literally turn her into a Mud Crab via the Wabajack. He can summon another 6-C character such as Karstag, a previous Dragon Born with Dragon Aspect if his health ever gets too low.

SomebodyData said:
The visor has information analysis, generally the details are:

- Species, Culture, Alignment, History, Abilities, Weaknesses

And yes DV also has Ice Manipulation, Samus just happens to have significantly superior ice manipulation as well as range tho.

Considering the vast amount of Races the DG can be that'd be difficult trying to pin point his weaknesses. As i said Nords are highly resistant to Ice manipulation. This seems like a no limits fallacy to assume she'd be able to find information on him whenever they are from too very different universes. I don't see how any race would be in her data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back