• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran (Post-Fusion) vs The Amazing Spider-Man (Game) [0-0-0]

So, I've got two questions.
  1. What are the AP values for both of them? They're both listed as "At least 7-C", but neither have a calculation attached to their justifications besides Peter's linking to the Earthquake Calculations page (and I also don't feel like going through the monsoon of pages to figure out the values they scale to lol).
  2. Assuming that this is Fusion Samus and not Dread Samus, though I'm not sure if it really matters which one it is. . .Samus by this point would have the Speed Booster in her arsenal, so if she activates it, what is Peter even supposed to do, since the Speed Booster amps Samus' speed to above anything Peter seems to be able to do? I'm aware Peter has Precognition, but when Samus' speed is being amped to a degree such that Peter wouldn't be able to keep up with it once she activates it, it'd essentially become meaningless. Especially since the Speed Booster takes very little time to activate (I believe it's around 1.5 seconds in Fusion).

So, I've got two questions.
  1. What are the AP values for both of them? They're both listed as "At least 7-C", but neither have a calculation attached to their justifications besides Peter's linking to the Earthquake Calculations page (and I also don't feel like going through the monsoon of pages to figure out the values they scale to lol).
Peter is upscaling 15 Kilotons while Samus is massively upscaling 9.8 Kilotons.
  1. Assuming that this is Fusion Samus and not Dread Samus, though I'm not sure if it really matters which one it is. . .Samus by this point would have the Speed Booster in her arsenal, so if she activates it, what is Peter even supposed to do, since the Speed Booster amps Samus' speed to above anything Peter seems to be able to do? I'm aware Peter has Precognition, but when Samus' speed is being amped to a degree such that Peter wouldn't be able to keep up with it once she activates it, it'd essentially become meaningless. Especially since the Speed Booster takes very little time to activate (I believe it's around 1.5 seconds in Fusion).
Peter's Regen and Precog should help him hang in there for awhile since Samus doesn't just spam the Speed Booster in-character.

Peter is upscaling 15 Kilotons while Samus is massively upscaling 9.8 Kilotons.
Appreciated; seems like Samus' Charge Beam shots should be able to put a dent in Peter in that case, since Charge Beam shots seem to be at least two times more powerful than normal Power Beam shots.
Peter's Regen and Precog should help him hang in there for awhile since Samus doesn't just spam the Speed Booster in-character.
The Speed Booster automatically activates in Fusion simply by running, though that's most likely due to the limited control scheme of the GBA, so take that with a grain of salt. However, I am not saying she would really spam it, so much as I am saying that it's one of the options available to her from the get-go, meaning there's a pretty decent chance she won't start out with it, but a decent chance she would at the same time.

Generally speaking though, Peter having a much broader ability set on top of being incredibly skilled and acrobatic would probably allow him to snare Samus in some webs and take her down before being able to do anything, so I'm casting my vote for Peter at the moment

Appreciated; seems like Samus' Charge Beam shots should be able to put a dent in Peter in that case, since Charge Beam shots seem to be at least two times more powerful than normal Power Beam shots.
I don't know about two times since we don't have hard numbers for it like that but I get what you mean.
The Speed Booster automatically activates in Fusion simply by running, though that's most likely due to the limited control scheme of the GBA, so take that with a grain of salt. However, I am not saying she would really spam it, so much as I am saying that it's one of the options available to her from the get-go, meaning there's a pretty decent chance she won't start out with it, but a decent chance she would at the same time.
Fair enough.
Generally speaking though, Peter having a much broader ability set on top of being incredibly skilled and acrobatic would probably allow him to snare Samus in some webs and take her down before being able to do anything, so I'm casting my vote for Peter at the moment
I don't think the webs are gonna do much if Samus gets tagged while using the Speed Booster due to the invincibility it grants via Shinespark as well as her also possessing a form of Spider-Sense as well via the Sensemove and being a skilled combatant as well, even in melee as shown in the manga.

I don't know about two times since we don't have hard numbers for it like that but I get what you mean.
I only say that simply because the damage values for the Charge Beam have generally been around two or three times the damage values of regular Power Beam shots, so needless to say we're really not working with a whole lot to begin with.
I don't think the webs are gonna do much if Samus gets tagged while using the Speed Booster due to the invincibility it grants via Shinespark
I'm not sure if the Shinespark - let alone the Speed Booster - would be able to prevent Samus from being snared on the off-chance she gets caught. Now, Peter actually being able to land those webs is a different story given the speed amp, but hypothetically, if he does land them, I don't think Samus would be able to simply shrug it off the same way she can just plow through enemies like in source material.
as well as her also possessing a form of Spider-Sense as well via the Sensemove
i genuinely did not see that when i went through her profile ffs lol
being a skilled combatant as well, even in melee as shown in the manga.
I know Samus is a skilled fighter of her own, however, her feats aren't as well-indexed as Peter's are. I am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, though, since Samus' profile is. . .heavily outdated, to say the least.

I'm guessing the resistance to possession would allow Samus to not get infected by symbiote?

Also, Peter has dealt with those much faster than himself, such as against Felecia in the 2nd game.

I only say that simply because the damage values for the Charge Beam have generally been around two or three times the damage values of regular Power Beam shots, so needless to say we're really not working with a whole lot to begin with.
Also fair.
I'm not sure if the Shinespark - let alone the Speed Booster - would be able to prevent Samus from being snared on the off-chance she gets caught. Now, Peter actually being able to land those webs is a different story given the speed amp, but hypothetically, if he does land them, I don't think Samus would be able to simply shrug it off the same way she can just plow through enemies like in source material.
It destroys anything touching her, it's not just from the impact of her hitting things as it actually creates an aura around her as shown in later games (release date wise) like Metroid: Other M and Dread.
i genuinely did not see that when i went through her profile ffs lol

I know Samus is a skilled fighter of her own, however, her feats aren't as well-indexed as Peter's are. I am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, though, since Samus' profile is. . .heavily outdated, to say the least.
I'm not saying she's as skilled as Peter when it comes to melee combat, I'm just saying she isn't helpless, especially since she should still have her parry skill from Metroid: Samus Returns and Dread to at least partially repel his attacks considering it briefly stuns those that get parried.

It destroys anything touching her, it's not just from the impact of her hitting things
Fair enough; I do distinctly remember that the little sawblades in Dairon could be destroyed with the Speed Booster (iirc), so that's my fault
especially since she should still have her parry skill from Metroid: Samus Returns and Dread to at least partially repel his attacks considering it briefly stuns those that get parried
oh man i wish we could get interactive sequences in scenarios like this just like in SR and Dread

I believe this only really accounts for melee attacks, does it not? I forgot to mention though that her beam shots should be capable of disintegrating his webs considering they are able to do the same thing to enemies in just a couple of shots

Fair enough; I do distinctly remember that the little sawblades in Dairon could be destroyed with the Speed Booster, so that's my fault

oh man i wish we could get interactive sequences in scenarios like this just like in SR and Dread

I believe this only really accounts for melee attacks, does it not? I forgot to mention though that her beam shots should be capable of disintegrating his webs considering they are able to do the same thing to enemies in just a couple of shots
I think it works on some projectiles but not energy attacks, though her armor can naturally reflect energy attacks as stated on her profile so it's not a huge detriment. Regardless, I do think Peter can work around the Parry but Samus' Precog is gonna make doing so a massive pain in the ass.

Back