• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal - The Ancient Gods - Part Two CRT (Spoilers Ahead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Ovens is making sense here; also I mentioned on multiple threads the the policy on outliers should less to do with number of feats or big gaps, and more to do with the contextual evidence of each and every feat. And they mostly exist to avoid scaling an overwhelming chunk of the verse as dependent on one feat. If the premise of the character is they're always constantly getting stronger and stronger with each and every fight they do, then it's not too controversial for their strongest keys to scale from their strongest feats.

And I can see why people are skeptical or; as it is iffy for First Person Shooter verses to have protagonists stronger than Tier 9/8. But Doom, Borderlands, and Destiny are exceptions given that they tend to have RPG like plots and stuff. And Doomguy's own bare hands are stronger than all his guns, pretty much like Spawn or Shadow the Hedgehog.
I agree with this, Doomguy is like Dante or Kratos in that if you just by gameplay they seem far weaker and easier to hurt than in lore. We already accept them so I see no reason Doomguys gonna get a finger wagged at him.

Plus the additional info of Doomguy possibly passively buffing his own weapons and them being comparable to him if they are scalable to the dark lord also rules out the “but he uses guns argument”.

You want me to count how many times you repeated the same thing over and over again?
Cause it was never debunked. I don't have to use a new argument if my arguments still stand.

Can we just end this? We can deal with an attempted downgrade if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back