• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does Mundus Surpass Argosax The Chaos By DMC1 &/or DMC2

Don't know if this discussion is done, but I'd like to throw in my sense in this. Given the lore of both of them, they both would've actually have grown more in power since DMC1, if you take what Griffon's statement as a notice of power increase & if his statement is credible. Link to Statement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TPu2YwpR18
If so, then base Dante is a rival/equal or more than his father when he sealed Mundus. And yet in their final battle, Mundus at times both damaged & kept pace with this Dante. Meaning Mundus actually got stronger by this point. In the defense of Argosax, while I understand that Sparda didn't defeat/kill/seal Argosax upon their first encounter & required assistance to seal him, that is past this argument as the narrative from Griffon's statement about Dante's power & Dante's battle aganist Argosax (in base no less), there's not enough evidence to show that Argosax actually got stronger through the passage of time, despite being sealed by the same individual who seal Mundus, yet Mundus shows power progression while being sealed.

I think that you shouldnt take Griffon's statement as valid. If Dante truly was equal to Sparda at that time then he should be able to defeat Mundus without using Sparda's Devil Trigger. When he lost it, he was powerless against shattering, weakened Mundus. By the point of DMC2 or 4 Dante has already surpassed his father.

That being said Sparda didn't defeat Argosax upon their first encounter and required assistance to seal him because he was already a shadow of his former self. Sparda sealed off Mundus 2000 years priors to the events of DMC. He also sealed off majority of his powers with Mundus and his armies.

Sparda was protecting the human race for the next 2000 years with the embers of his power, he then was a feudal lord of Fortuna and eventually meet with young Matier and her clan. He managed to seal off Argosax who was "on similar level" to Mundus with Vie de Marli's Clan and 5 artifacts.

That being said while everyone is saying that Mundus is "close or equal to Argosax", I do belive that he was a bit stronger than Argosax the Chaos. Why do I think so?

Argosax took over the underworld after Mundus was sealed off the first by Sparda. Meaning that the only obstacle that he couldnt overcome was Mundus all along.

That and the fact is.. Mundus has showcased wayy more abilities than Argosax. In a battle Mundus vs Argosax, Mundus would have won due to greater diversity of abilities.

That would be more of a lowball though with Griffon's statement because no on eactually agrue or disprove the statement as a whole. Espically considering that Griffon went on to say that it might be even more. The point of this was to moreso say that Mundus by what happen in the story & logic seem to have gotten stronger since being sealed.

Back