• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Do most Pokemon have their powerscaling come from the mainline games, the anime, the manga, or are they all composites?

Ayewale

He/Him
I can't really identify the source of the power levels for the majority of Pokemon on this site, and I very often see it bounce between the manga, the anime and the games. It's super confusing. So I wanted to ask which of these are actually utilized.

Aren't the games, manga and animes all in completely different canon? And aren't composite versions of characters usually banned except when used in specific matchups?

I would message Cal about this as he would be able to explain it better than me but the short answer to both of those questions is no

Well, okay. Sorry for the question, it's just that it was always extremely confusing to me, especially since most characters with composite versions actually have a 'Composite' version of themselves. I'm not 100% confident, but unless it's a wiki-accepted fan theory I thought there would be plenty of proof to seperate the Pokemon games canon from the manga and anime.

It's also because on Bulbapedia it's stated that the manga, anime and games have different canon. And the VSBW does link to Bulbapedia as a source of info.

Back