• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC - Serious hax downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 - When gilver brings a demon world nexus that would turn the human realm into the demon world, both dante and gilver is unaffected by the the changes (Gilver is a demon, so everybody scales).

3 - Demons didnt care at all by time shenanigans and both worlds merging once again in DMC2.

4 - When the Beastheads started to make all laws of the human world go nuts, dante hasnt affected.
Fate Manipulation and Precognition Manipulation don't imply Acasuality. Some types of Acasuality can give those though.

Do you have scans that humans were affected by time shenanigans from worlds merging in a way demons are immune to?
Changing contingent laws of physics which might've not existed or might've been different does not imply Acausality.

The sooner you save/write your longer comments in a text file, the sooner you'll avoid grief.

The dice game affecting demons is hardly a debunk for Acausality Type 4, the dice is made with demonic power which is AKA the same laws of cause and efecth that demons operate. So they being affected is not a problem, unless you gonna try to say that beings operating in the same laws of cause and efecth cannot fate hax eath other.
Demon Power isn't Cause and Effect? Literally where did you pull this out of? Cause and Effect was never never been mentioned in DMC so I'm not sure why you feel the need to insert false information.

Can I also get scans for Dante resisting Fate Hax? From what I recall all he did was show up and slice the Dice in half, which really isn't a resistance if your just breaking the object that produces the Effect.

Demon Power isn't Cause and Effect? Literally where did you pull this out of? Cause and Effect was never never been mentioned in DMC so I'm not sure why you feel the need to insert false information.

Can I also get scans for Dante resisting Fate Hax? From what I recall all he did was show up and slice the Dice in half, which really isn't a resistance if your just breaking the object that produces the Effect.

Read each and every quote in that video.
This video gives crystal clear evidence that its the entire room which binds you, your soul is registered the moment you step there...and the only way to proceed is playing the game to its completion. Either die or win are the only two options to escape it. That or you are stuck there permanantly with thumb up your ass.
It isn't the dice that binds you but the room as a whole.

Nero is forced to play this two times in entire game, M06 and M19.

And technically its not Nero but all the demons in it are bound to it too...each slot on the board creates a dimensions for Nero to fight in and it recreates the entire battles from the past. Dead Bosses like Berial, Echidna etc are braught back to life just to impede Nero's progress, even they are affected. Entire atmosphere is recreated , from the time of the day to the specific locations intact as they were in the past.

Anyone who has experience playing dice based board games( almost everyone has played of course, if you haven't well shoo shoo then go play one) you know how the deal is....

Lets take Snake and Ladders as example....
The only way to make positive progress forwards is to toss the dice and move accordingly, whether that brings you misfortune or fortune comes later...
If you refuse to play the dice then your familiar on the board remains stagnant on the slot. The dice is just an instrument of progression....
If you have ever had a salty bratty little sibling whom you may have played the game with(speaking from experience here🤣🤣), and they throw or destroy or hide the dice then the game cannot continue, you are at an impasse....your avatar is stuck there....then you have to spend hrs convincing your sibling to give back the dice, or get a new one or go search for it yourself.....and only then you can continue playing.

But imagine having a player who registers his avatar on the board but gets rid of the dice and proceeds to win the game by just moving the avatar to its win position and get off scot free without consequences.

You know who does that in DMC4...yeah thats pretty blatant fate manip resistance.

Analytical Prediction: The evidence is clear cut, Dante and Virgil fought 20 years apart,
that doesn't matter, Virgil's Dark-Slayer style is still just that, Dark-Slayer style which Dante has more than enough experience against. Dante fought Virgil before and knows all his moves, so this isn't a feat of Prediction whenever Character A already knows all of characters B's move prior.
of course Nero and Dante fought quite a but there are quite extreme differences in Nero's and Virgil's fighting styles, even though they are the same person, Dante observed Gil before they fought, and predicted him,
Dante never predicted Gil, it was Gil who predicted Dante's attack patterns and Dante just spotted an opening in his stance. Noticing an opening isn't the same as predicting an attack before it even occurs.
Low-Godly Regeneration: if that isn't Low-Godly guess I better start making CRTs with that logic! I vehemently disagree with Low-Godly being removed.

@LordGinSama keep it civil, acting angry, making threats, and generally being agressive is more likely to get people to think you are unfocused. Oh and "trust me as I said earlier you don't wanna go this route with me." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh as much as that is good for laughs it is more then enough reason to bring you to Rule Violations, because that is straight up unacceptable behavior with the wiki's rules.
Nothing I said is RVR worthy so calm yourself child, preferably don't come into my thread telling me that I'm acting condescending whilst acting incredibly condescending yourself.

you do realize that claiming someone elses immaturity is immaturity in of itself right? you speak to me as if i am the one to be debating with, someone who isn't even a supporter of the verse nor has any horse in this race.

also I did not accuse you of being condescending, I accused you of threatening someone, something that is completely unacceptable and is RVR-worthy easily, i may not take many things seriously but threats are something I take seriously. don't accuse me of being a Hypocrite when I haven't been one.

that doesn't matter, Virgil's Dark-Slayer style is still just that, Dark-Slayer style which Dante has more than enough experience against. Dante fought Virgil before and knows all his moves, so this isn't a feat of Prediction whenever Character A already knows all of characters B's move prior.
Thats false, the curren manga shows dante and vergil fighting with wooden swords, Dante never saw Vergil fighting with yamato till he encounters gilver, both dante and gilver on missions never showed their true extension of skills and power, yet both already analized eachother on the fly just by looking.
Sparda's swordmanship isnt just sword skills, analyzing the enemy is also parf of it, look at all their fights, Vergil never saw dante using Nevan, agni and undra, cerberus and yet he still knows how to deal with just by seeing.

Fate Manipulation and Precognition Manipulation don't imply Acasuality. Some types of Acasuality can give those though.

Do you have scans that humans were affected by time shenanigans from worlds merging in a way demons are immune to?
Changing contingent laws of physics which might've not existed or might've been different does not imply Acausality.

The sooner you save/write your longer comments in a text file, the sooner you'll avoid grief.
Yeah i can, i just need time to get the scans again.

Thats false, the curren manga shows dante and vergil fighting with wooden swords,
You can use wooden swords and still utilize the same old style. Dark-Slayer style is a style consisting of quick chain based attacks and swiftness.
Dante never saw Vergil fighting with yamato till he encounters gilver,
Dante fought Vergil with Yamato back when they were younger. This is in reference to the two brothers reading each other in DMC5, not the Gil feat.
both dante and gilver on missions never showed their true extension of skills and power, yet both already analized eachother on the fly just by looking.
Expect Dante never analyzed Gilver, it was Gilver who was analyzing and predicting Dante. Dante never once predicting an incoming attack before it happens, again he noticed an opening in his stance, which is enhanced senses, not Prediction.
Sparda's swordmanship isnt just sword skills, analyzing the enemy is also parf of it,
Good thing analyzing an enemy isn't a form of Prediction but rather Extrasensory Perception. Also Citations for this?
look at all their fights,
This tells me almost nothing.
Vergil never saw dante using Nevan, agni and undra, cerberus and yet he still knows how to deal with just by seeing.
Which is a skill feat, not Vergil predicting on coming attacks before they actually happen.

It was to show how the demonic energy, the same thing that works under the same system as demons, can in fact affect demons. Its like if a demon fate haxed another demons (beastheads for example), they all work under the same shit so they affecting one another is completely justified.

They already posted the link above, the dice activates (just like the nero cutscene) but Dante destroys it instead of being forced to play the game.

which really isn't a resistance if your just breaking the object that produces the Effect.

Dante wasn't forced to play the game, unlike Nero. If it was a case of destroying it then Nero would have simply done so with either his brute strenght or with Yamato but he was unable to, being forced to play and all, something that Dante just laughed off.

If it was a case of destroying it then Nero would have simply done so with either his brute strenght or with Yamato but he was unable to
Nero didn't have access to Yamato the first time (he meets Agnus and gets Yamato later) and we've never seen Nero use Yamato's dura neg before so you can't really argue that.

Nero didn't have access to Yamato the first time (he meets Agnus and gets Yamato later) and we've never seen Nero use Yamato's dura neg before so you can't really argue that.
Does not really matter Yamato or not a block of steel should be but a mere toy to guy of his power....pun intended.

Besides if you still want to argue Yamato then he has it in M19 where he is forced to play Dice Game 2nd time....he has Yamato then and a 6C stats as opposed to 7B in M6....

Spatial Cuts are passive for Yamato....he doesn't need to use it, its second nature to him....each attack has spatial cut.

Spatial Cuts are passive for Yamato....he doesn't need to use it, its second nature to him....each attack has spatial cut.
No they're not. That's straight up cap.

Does not really matter Yamato or not a block of steel should be but a mere toy to guy of his power....pun intended.
Who said the dice is just a block of steel? It's a demonic dice, its durability is unknown.

Who said the dice is just a block of steel? It's a demonic dice, its durability is unknown.
Dante straight up one-shot it, unless I'm getting something wrong Vergil is comparable to Dante and thus should be able to one-shot it himself, the first video has Vergil playing the dice game, the second video has Dante going "heh" and cutting the damn thing in half after running up to it. (I will debate on something that ive seen in the thread, but my knowledge on DMC is limited to marathoning the game movies a year ago)

Dante straight up one-shot it, unless I'm getting something wrong Vergil is comparable to Dante and thus should be able to one-shot it himself, the first video has Vergil playing the dice game, the second video has Dante going "heh" and cutting the damn thing in half after running up to it. (I will debate on something that ive seen in the thread, but my knowledge on DMC is limited to marathoning the game movies a year ago)
Eyo fam, it's not vergil it's nero. And nero is in no way comparable to Dante.

Reread the description for Yamato. If you think it doesn't cut through shit then what you're talking about is game mechanics.
Never said that. I just said it's not passive.

Oh, look at that, you are wrong again. I'm honestly not surprised anymore.

The dura neg isn't just because of JC, it is literally the blade.

* "Vergil- File - Devil Arms YAMATO A memento from Vergil's father. This samurai-esque sword's blade is said to cut through anything."

* "Library - Arms - Vergil's Arms YAMATO A memento given to Vergil by his father. This demonic, Japanese-style sword is capable of slicing through anything it touches."

* "
Yamato
A powerful blade that can separate man from demon. It serves as both the source of Vergil's power and a keepsake from his father, the legendary dark knight Sparda. Its shape, based on the Japanese blades of old, is well suited for Iaijutsu, and its keen edge can slice through the dimensions themselves."

* " Yamato
A powerful blade that can separate man from demon. Word has it that this was a memento left to Vergil by his daddy Sparda, and it serves as the source of his powers.

This thing is probably what let Vergil split V off from the rest of himself.

As a weapon, it's basically your standard katana, only this one's magic and has an edge sharp enough to cut through space itself. Too bad I only ever got to see it when it was serving as your arm… Really wish you'da let me take a closer look back then, y'know?" "

I'm lazy to search for the scans right now but if you think I'm lying I can get them

I'm sure there's more context to that specific feat but I like the interpretation that Lady's rocket launcher is just built different to the point that a 9-B could block Vergil's attack with it

I'll point out that any Vergil gameplay you see in DMC4 is not canon in any way, shape or form, he is just there because the devs are lazy

Lady is a chad, her chadness negates Vergil non existent virginity back into existence
I still find it simultaneously obvious and incredible that vergil got it before Dante ever could
I'll point out that any Vergil gameplay you see in DMC4 is not canon in any way, shape or form, he is just there because the devs are lazy
More vergil is better than less vergil

Vergil's real power is passive mathematics manipulation because he cuts sales in half by not being there

I know I'm probably derailing but i'm pretty sure this CRT won't be accepted anyway and this is funny

MOTIVATION is 2 stronk 4 us dud

honestly this will go nowhere, staff rarely comes, even when we ask them so this will probably die

I shall go to my planet now, peace out.

Oh, look at that, you are wrong again. I'm honestly not surprised anymore.

The dura neg isn't just because of JC, it is literally the blade.
Ok so to "debunk" me saying "Nero has never shown the capabilities", you bring me quotes that say "yamato can cut through anything". Well yes, it "can", cus it can cut through dimensions too. Doesn't mean it does that by default otherwise cases like the infamous Calina Ann scene or Dante and Jester blocking it with their hands wouldn't exist.

Yamato doesn't cut things by default it's specific use of its capabilities that allow users to do that. Uses which Nero has never shown.

Ok so to "debunk" me saying "Nero has never shown the capabilities", you bring me quotes that say "yamato can cut through anything". Well yes, it "can", cus it can cut through dimensions too. Doesn't mean it does that by default otherwise cases like the infamous Calina Ann scene or Dante and Jester blocking it with their hands wouldn't exist.

Yamato doesn't cut things by default it's specific use of its capabilities that allow users to do that. Uses which Nero has never shown.
Bruh, your rebuttal is a legit outlier full of PIS for Lady and Arkham catching said sword from the sides. Dante never stopped the blade with his hands IIRC.

It's literally stated in every game since 3 that Yamato EDGE meaning the blade itself can cut through anything, even space. Yamato does cuts things by default, there is literally nothing to go against this but headcanon. It doens't matter if Nero can use JC or not, the proof is so ******* there that it is impossible to make a reasonable non stupid comment against it.

Doesn't Dante explicitly resist spatial manip anyway

Even if he did catch the blade I don't think that would debunk anything

God knows I don't agree with a lot of the stuff on the DMC pages but Yamato being dura neg is one of the most obvious things in the verse

Bruh, your rebuttal is a legit outlier full of PIS for Lady and Arkham catching said sword from the sides. Dante never stopped the blade with his hands IIRC.
Your argument relies on calling 2 cases outliers whereas mine answers both of them. Need i remind you you don't say "outliers" if there are other explanations. Outlier and PIS are the last resort, it's only if it makes no sense no matter how you take it.

It's literally stated in every game since 3 that Yamato EDGE meaning the blade itself can cut through anything, even space.
Again, wrong. Dante in DMC3 1st fight with vergil after being beaten down manages to stop Vergil's sword with his bare hand without the sword straight up cutting his hand otherwise. Even though in other cases yamato has been very easily capable of cutting him. And the random edge quote means nothing when the sword is clearly stated to be magical.

It was to show how the demonic energy, the same thing that works under the same system as demons, can in fact affect demons. Its like if a demon fate haxed another demons (beastheads for example), they all work under the same shit so they affecting one another is completely justified.
I'm really trying to make sense of this reply and I'm having troubles trying to comprehend the logic that's used here. Demonic Energy is in no way intertwined with Causality, Demons don't Fate hax one another so I don't see the point of the Beasthead example, The Beasthead's don't even have Fate Manipulation for starters.

Your argument relies on calling 2 cases outliers whereas mine answers both of them. Need i remind you you don't say "outliers" if there are other explanations. Outlier and PIS are the last resort, it's only if it makes no sense no matter how you take it.

Again, wrong. Dante in DMC3 1st fight with vergil after being beaten down manages to stop Vergil's sword with his bare hand without the sword straight up cutting his hand otherwise. Even though in other cases yamato has been very easily capable of cutting him. And the random edge quote means nothing when the sword is clearly stated to be magical.
1) lady is the only outlier, jester clearly catches the sword from the sides. 1 typo doesn't suddenly destroy my argument, specially when you know Exactly what I mean.

If you need to ignore explicit evidence then Idk why you are still here dud, it's tiring.

2) we give resistance to space manip to Dante for exactly those reasons, fighting Vergil to the death and not falling to pieces everytime he gets combo'd by it. Not only that but Dante didn't stop the blade, he grabbed it after Vergil had impaled him.

How is Yamato being a magic weapon suddenly debunks its properties? Or you really think that a normal weapon can do the shit it does? Not only that but every single statement/description up there explicitly says the edge itself cuts through anything and can cut through even space.

I'm really trying to make sense of this reply and I'm having troubles trying to comprehend the logic that's used here. Demonic Energy is in no way intertwined with Causality, Demons don't Fate hax one another so I don't see the point of the Beasthead example, The Beasthead's don't even have Fate Manipulation for starters.
Because demons, all of them work under the same system, same rules, same laws, being able to affect each other is only natural, if you can't comprehend that make a separate thread so you can get more responses.

The beastheads have fate manip, someone forgot to add that to the profile despite being accepted and implemented in the physiology page, regardless it was an example.

1) lady is the only outlier, jester clearly catches the sword from the sides. 1 typo doesn't suddenly destroy my argument, specially when you know Exactly what I mean.
Again, relying on outliers. And you don't stop with friction a blade that can cut through space, if space itself cannot stop it, how can friction do that?

If you need to ignore explicit evidence then Idk why you are still here dud, it's tiring.
You're the one calling things you like PIS/Outliers with no good reason.

2) we give resistance to space manip to Dante for exactly those reasons, fighting Vergil to the death and not falling to pieces everytime he gets combo'd by it.
So....you're giving a dude that gets cut by Yamato all the time resistance because.....he sometimes doesn't get cut. The reasoning is fun ngl.

Not only that but Dante didn't stop the blade, he grabbed it after Vergil had impaled him.
Dude, when Vergil cut his hand. Come on, the infamous regeneration feat of regenerating his hand as the blade goes through it.

How is Yamato being a magic weapon suddenly debunks its properties?
It doesn't debunk it, it just puts the magic stuff in their rightful place, in the "magical applications".

Or you really think that a normal weapon can do the shit it does?
An edge can never be sharp enough to cut space or dimensions either. What's your point?

Not only that but every single statement/description up there explicitly says the edge itself cuts through anything and can cut through even space.
Yet clearly not every random swing of Yamato is a judgement cut and not every flick of the wrist creates a portal to the demon world. Despite it, according to you, supposedly being a passive effect that happens all the time.

Because demons, all of them work under the same system, same rules, same laws, being able to affect each other is only natural,
Expect Demons don't run around Fate haxing one another or use Causality to manipulate one another, which is my point here. There are no references to Causality, which is required for Type 4.

comparing them to DBH Demons doesn't work either as they flat out aren't apart of the verses history, I.E their Causality system. Demons there also originate from a place without time, not a different set of time like in DMC.
if you can't comprehend that make a separate thread so you can get more responses.
That part i understand, its the Demon Power = Causality that I'm lost on.
The beastheads have fate manip, someone forgot to add that to the profile despite being accepted and implemented in the physiology page, regardless it was an example.
Could I see a scan for this?

I think the passive effect is what gives it dura neg via spacial cutting, and the creation of portals and judgement cuts are more 'special' applications

Also as for the OP i do agree that the Acausality is not good, but that has more to do with the wiki-wide standards than anything the verse itself does

Yamato doesn't have passive spatial hax, he doesn't cut you into pieces just by having it.

Unless you mean to argue that it happens every time the sword cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back