• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC - Serious hax downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally proved you wrong on the last thread. Again, DMC supporters like Tony and Dante (this sounds weird) had to agree.
And I still don't agree , the logic is flawed beyond belief.....and they only agreed upon similarities, not that they were one and the exact same thing.....
Regardless this is not the thread to discuss it....its been derailed as it is by Yamato shenanigans..... no need to further drag things to make this thread unsightlier then it already is.
You want to discuss it further feel free to revive your old Q&A threads again and we can lock horns there.

1. I never said discuss it. I consider the matter closed based on what happened in the last one. I just mentioned the results in this one.

2. You're free not to agree, that's your own opinion. But your opinion isn't the only one that matters, so you can still feel free to believe whatever you want, but don't make it sound like it's a matter that wasn't discussed and concluded before.

Sorry, I’m new here, but I like to think of myself as a decently versed DMC Fan.

In regards to Acausality: Dante fits the definition of rregular Acausality, due to his heritage. In DMC, having the higher amounts of Demonic Energy/Demonic Power grants you a physiological change and upgrade. This is clearly shown by the Order of the Sword. The Order of the Sword are NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS tampering with the cutting edge of Demonic Energy with their scientific experiments-To such a degree they created an artificial Demon Lord-type being.

(Demon Transformation From Humanity.)

(The Savior, an Artificial Super Demon thing-And the Order can make artificial weaker Demons too, like the Cutlass.)

As for Acausality itself, Dante hails from the Demon Realm, which has an incoherent flow of time. Cause and effect, by that notion, ARE altered, and it’s stated in a novel you refuted earlier. Because of…wording? I don’t know if you are aware of this, Earl, but the very job of VSBW is to interpret what ISN’T stated because fiction doesn’t care enough to outright state things, ESPECIALLY in the field of games and anime, which usually use vague terms because they’re not DC wanking themselves off every 5 panels. Not being “worded specifically to say causality,” is just fallacious, and incorrect. That’s like saying “I’m gonna erase reality,” doesn’t mean I’m going to erase an ordinary civilian because I didn’t say, “Ordinary Civilian,” when I said it. It’s ESPECIALLY ludicrous, considering that the description outright implies a large category. THE LAWS, not any specified ones, seems like a PURPOSEFUL broad description, does it not?

I also want to mention Causality as a whole is defined as such. “Causality (also referred to as causation, or cause and effect) is influence by which one event, process, state or object (a cause) contributes to the production of another event, process, state or object (an effect) where the cause is partly responsible for the effect, and the effect is partly dependent on the cause. In general, a process has many causes, which are also said to be causal factors for it, and all lie in its past. An effect can in turn be a cause of, or causal factor for, many other effects, which all lie in its future. Some writers have held that causality is metaphysically prior to notions of time and space.”

Having an incoherent time flow DOES AFFECT CAUSE AND EFFECT. If I punch you, time being incoherent means that my fist hitting you might be faster in one region, slower in another, and vice versa, and possibly not exist in some, and possibly exist in over abundance in others. (Those last two are theoretical, but the point stands.) In any case, having an incoherent flow of time affects the past and future, and how they behave relative to each other. Claiming otherwise is just outright false, as past, present, and future would all be moving at different speeds in constant flux, and thus not susceptible to the NORMAL understanding of time and space and how they behave with one another.

And even if you disagree…it doesn’t matter? Dante scales to Mundus and Void Mundus, and as explained above, higher Demon Power/Energy grants higher physiology, so Dante, and anyone relevant to him, would gain it as well. Others above me have shown it’s consistent with Type 4 Acausality’s results. And if you want proof of it also working for Demons too, (for the physiology upgrades), I point you to Sid and Abigail, as absorbing their demonic energy/power granted him that level of physiology, (whole on changing his physical form and granting him all of the powers of a Demon Lord.)

The Fatehax: I see you all going to Yamato…but like, are we just going to forget the history of the Red Queen? The Sword was created by the Order, and upgraded by Nero to make it a more effective weapon. The Red Queen clashed with Yamato and Rebellion, both of which are HIGHLY REGARDED Devil Arms, no matter your understanding of how the spatial manipulation works, it still can tank and clash with both swords. And in DMC5 it’s outright stated certain metals are good for conducting demonic energy.

“That cane V's always lugging around. I took the liberty of checking it out once, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary.Sure, the metal's a good conduit for demonic power and all...but there must be more to it than that. Well, who knows. Maybe he does just use it to get around.”

Why do I bring this up, you ask? The Order, and specifically Agnus, were on the front edge of demonic research and science, as stated before, so it’s MORE THAN LIKELY that the created the sword with such a metal. Further evidence needed? Just check Nero’s moves. Maximum Bet? A slash that conducts demonic energy as he cuts the enemy or air, creating a giant X that flys through the air. Charge Shot? Channeling Demonic energy through his gun, Blue Rose. So I ask, why DOUBT the Red Queen’s capacity instead of doing what is known as Occam’s Razor, where the most basic and obvious answer is correct, such as the fact Dante, a stronger and more powerful being, is immune to what Nero isn’t? It seems to be more like hot air to assume OTHERWISE than what is correct-Dante was immune to its fate binding abilities, and told it to **** off, and Nero hit the box with a sword that’s clashed with Rebellion and Yamato, and it didn’t budge. It is OBVIOUSLY not a fault of the blade, but it’s WIELDER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back