• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC - Serious hax downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the fate manip for beastheads

AfQXGuth.jpg

The pulsation was exactly linked to the movement of the huge "beast's head" that covered the heavens. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You're a Devil Hunter, aren't you? "Don't be absurd, Dante - don't you understand? His voice was trembling. It's a good idea to have a good idea of what you're looking for.
The reality was that she felt frustrated, ashamed, and embarrassed. However, the overwhelming negative power that overwhelms these feelings is holding back even her, who has extraordinary courage and skill and has specialized in hunting demons and monsters. (It's useless. It's pointless. I am all-powerful and omnipotent, and I bind the fate of women.) The pulsation of the old wound holds her down with unspoken words. Beryl doesn't know - this is also an unknown "one of the beast's head abilities". It calls in those who are involved, those who have been inscribed with its mark, and captures them, never letting them go, and devours them. The despair that invaded Beryl's psyche, and the resignation that set in, gently, gently but firmly enveloped her mind and body.
Yes, we can despair, but we can also give up.

Yamato doesn't seem to have passives going by Vergil's profile, at least certainly not the kind of anything except for dura neg

Beastheads are the CEO of Sexism confirmed

Also i'm pretty sure it said 'fates of women' specifically because it was talking to a woman at the time

I can't believe I went to sleep THIS all happens....get ******* sidetracked over Yamato.....
But Tony and Zephy have holded off fine....

But
Can we get back to relevent topic at hand please....
The point was Nero despite being physically stronger and and having Yamato cannot overcome the Dice Game.....
End of the story.

Nah....pretty much Earl siezed on the poor sword for some "unknown" reasons....👀...even being the most haxxed sword in DMC doesn't save it from Earl....Vergil won't be proud.

Was Yamato even part of the CRT lol
the CRT only mentioned Demon resistances and Dante's Analytical Prediction and Regeneration...

also @Firephoenixearl its not very helpful to tell someone to "read up" when they just want a summary of the points so far, especially when the CRT is over 200 posts long, it displays a complete lack of respect for the other person's time, when Ant gets called back are you just going to tell him to "read up"? not everyone has the time to read over even 50 posts, I suck at summaries myself but that is straight up disrespectful, even by my standards (which are low for a damn good reason)

Again, relying on outliers. And you don't stop with friction a blade that can cut through space, if space itself cannot stop it, how can friction do that?

You're the one calling things you like PIS/Outliers with no good reason.
Bruh, its the single outlier there is in the franchise with Yamato. Leave the space shit alone, the fact that she stopped Vergil swing should tell you how much of a ******* outlier this is. I can't seriously belive you are arguing this is legit.

So....you're giving a dude that gets cut by Yamato all the time resistance because.....he sometimes doesn't get cut. The reasoning is fun ngl.
We give him resistance for literally being involved in the judgement cuts and never falling to pieces meaning he wasn't completely cut in pieces, not only that but being destroyed by Vergil and still we get the same thing.

There is also the big ******* fact that first fight Dante was in a fight where there was a massive AP gap that he couldn't erradicate no matter what and it was only after the DT awekened that he started fully stopping Yamato.
Dude, when Vergil cut his hand. Come on, the infamous regeneration feat of regenerating his hand as the blade goes through it.
And? Regardless of the dura negg they hold similar AP there, hurting each other is possible if you take that out of the equation.
It doesn't debunk it, it just puts the magic stuff in their rightful place, in the "magical applications".
And? The statements are clear as hell that the edge of the sword still cuts through everything
An edge can never be sharp enough to cut space or dimensions either. What's your point?
The question is, what was your point bringing Yamato as a magical weapon?
Yet clearly not every random swing of Yamato is a judgement cut and not every flick of the wrist creates a portal to the demon world. Despite it, according to you, supposedly being a passive effect that happens all the time.
Because not everything is a judgement cut, duh. Those are ******* especific applications of its abilities, not something that happens hur dur every waking moment.

You mentioned several outliers, where are those? against who? The only outlier in the whole verse is Lady and you should know how stupid that is already (as the wiki has it is a 9-B stopping a weakened 6-C swing, the biggest outlier in recent mind).

Bruh, its the single outlier there is in the franchise with Yamato. Leave the space shit alone, the fact that she stopped Vergil swing should tell you how much of a ******* outlier this is. I can't seriously belive you are arguing this is legit.

We give him resistance for literally being involved in the judgement cuts and never falling to pieces meaning he wasn't completely cut in pieces, not only that but being destroyed by Vergil and still we get the same thing.

There is also the big ******* fact that first fight Dante was in a fight where there was a massive AP gap that he couldn't erradicate no matter what and it was only after the DT awekened that he started fully stopping Yamato.

And? Regardless of the dura negg they hold similar AP there, hurting each other is possible if you take that out of the equation.

And? The statements are clear as hell that the edge of the sword still cuts through everything

Because not everything is a judgement cut, duh. Those are ******* especific applications of its abilities, not something that happens hur dur every waking moment.

You mentioned several outliers, where are those? against who? The only outlier in the whole verse is Lady and you should know how stupid that is already (as the wiki has it is a 9-B stopping a weakened 6-C swing, the biggest outlier in recent mind).
First of all: calm your ****, your sounding like my profile pic, and Watch some Bob Ross

second of all: what about Batman hurting the Spectre with a kick for outlier? Lol

First of all: calm your ****, your looking my profile pic, and Watch some Bob Ross

second of all: what about Batman hurting the Spectre with a kick for outlier? Lol
Like most of the "outliers" that staff try to pass off in an attempt to keep Marvel/DC stats low, That feat isn't an outlier, it's literally taken out of context, not only does Spectre use emanations but he specifically states he was testing batman.

That feat isn't an outlier, it's literally taken out of context, not only does Spectre use emanations but he specifically states he was testing batman Unlike what Staff wants you to think uwu
A 2-A getting hurt by a 9-A(if i recall) is still a massive outlier lol, also feigning that shit would be hard

The point was Nero despite being physically stronger and and having Yamato cannot overcome the Dice Game.....
Physically stronger than who?

also @Firephoenixearl its not very helpful to tell someone to "read up" when they just want a summary of the points so far
The summary of the vergil points was like 10 msgs above. That's why i said read up.

Was Yamato even part of the CRT lol
Yamato was used as an argument for the points that are in the CRT.

even being the most haxxed sword in DMC doesn't save it from Earl
Being the most haxed doesn't really give anyone the right to claim things from it are passive.

You don't know how much power vergil put behind that swing, he wasn't really serious, and not long from that moment Arkham stops the swing of an angry Vergil. So, no i do not see how big of an outlier it is.

He always gets cut all over. Just look at Vergil vs Dante cutscenes, name 1 single scene where Dante just takes Yamato head on and doesn't get cut by it. He has a sword (rebellion) that you can argue resists the spatial cutting and helps him fight. But not Dante himself.

So can i take this as you conceding that the spatial cutting isn't passive? Since you brought up stopping it with AP.

He gets cut by Yamato all the time, there is no scene where he doesn't. You don't take the dura neg out of the question cus you just thought so and wanted to give dante an extra resistance he doesn't have. We call that wank.

Same can be said for the dimensional cutting/portal creation.
That it can do magic just fine, but it's not passive.

Why isn't it? They're supposed to come from the edge and be passive why isn't every swing opening portals and cutting space? You just said "it's not/it's specific application", but completely looked over the fact that that's what i've been arguing for this whole time.

Vergil is not the point of the CRT, i have no idea why you even brought the man up, we are discussing Dante and Demon Resistances.
Follow the conversation dude come on, it's the 3rd time ppl ask this question. Here's the answer...again:

Yamato was used as an argument for the points that are in the CRT.

Ppl brought up Nero using Yamato's dura neg to cut through the dice.

Yeah we were discussing the dice game....and I have yet to encounter any worthwhile arguement against it.
An argument so worthwhile was brought up that you had to give Yamato passive dura neg to counter it.

give Yamato passive dura neg to counter it.
Don't need to give something it already has.....no amount of throwing shade at it is going to help your case....

Whether or not Nero can destroy the dice is moot point since he is still forced to play the game since he is bound to it afterall.
If he destroys dice, its just more bad news for him since it takes away his only avenue to progress. He will be stuck there like a idiot....that basic logic of board games involving dice.....no dice = no progress...... its the game as whole that binds him, the entire room that is in short, pretty much proven when Nero enters and steps on the board his soul is registered, before his interaction with the damn dice.

The point is there is nothing special about dice individually that gives it fate manip but the game in as a whole, its the game that forces you to play it even though you are physically superior to its entirety.

Dante just ignores the basic logic of board games by cutting the game and moving his way, without facing any consequences.
Oh actaully the game does throw a hissy fit at Dante as a last ditch attempt to hold him off by summoning a bunch of fodders in the room. Goes to show that how useless the Fate Manip was on Dante if he wasn't even bound.

Last edited:
Dude did you just counter argue with an entirely made up explanation?

Literally none of the explanations you gave are stated or even remotely implied. And there is really no progress to be done, if the fate hax is gone (the dice is destroyed he could easily just go to his destination, he doesn't need to play a game to move forward in reality.

The point stands that if the object that controls the fate is destroyed the hax is released. Simple as that. And no it's not the room that fate haxes, it's the dice. It straight up tells you:

"And now your fate we decide, strike us or......"

So unless it meant "strike the room, not the dice" the "it's the room that decides the fate" is completely made up, like the rest of your explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back