• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC New Profiles and a Minor Addition

Greetings

I added to my sandbox a few new characters that are deserving a profile for a long time

I also wanted to add a Genius rating for Dante in terms of combat intelligence, based on his already listed feats on that section. Characters like Son Goku and Naruto already have this division, being geniuses in a certain area while being average on other fields, if that differentiation is a thing, someone like Dante, who showed similar levels of skill and strategy and has a notable performance in combat, should also have it listed on his profile. PoC also gave us new scans to further expand his justifications:

Gifted normally (As a Demon Slayer, he also has extensive knowledge of the Demon World and its residents. An often overlooked aspect about Dante's abilities is his analytical skills. He showcases these skills in the form of a talent for reading people; he accurately assessed that the seemingly gentle Modeus was interested in killing him for his soul, and that Modeus was going to try to take revenge against him for killing Baul. He's also easily deduced and figured out the Familiars' intentions to atone during Mission 18 of Devil May Cry 5. As described by the alternate universe version of Shadow, Dante has a sharp mind, able to instantly understand the true power extent of Mundus' generals in the alternate universe and that they got enough power to form an independent government to oppose the Demon King. He also displayed a great knowledge about magic, as he easily figured out the magic used by the alternate Trish. He also solved a handful of puzzles throughout his adventures. He is also a very skilled actor, musician, athlete and dancer).

At least Genius in Combat (While seemingly cocky and laidback in his approach to battle, Dante is an amazingly skilled Devil Hunter, having mastered all sorts of Devil Arms on top of being a master swordsman and marksman who can accurately shoot targets from virtually impossible angles and hack his way through the armies of Hell with the barest of effort. He seems to be a quick learner, mastering the Devil Arms he acquires within moments of obtaining them and quickly getting the hang of utilizing his various Styles and Devil Triggers. His Royalgaurd technique requires dedication, discipline, precision timing and unparalleled focus, blending art and science during combat for the best results, and he is also stated to be able to master any task in few seconds)

I've seen some poeple believing that those last statements are more than just Genius, as the statement does seem to put Dante above other DMC extraordinary geniuses like Nico, Chen or Agnus, I'd like to hear opinions on that aswell

I like the new profiles. I also think it's a good idea for Dante to be a Genius at least tactically. Another thing I consider is that Vergil should step up to this, as the Sparda brothers always prove to be capable of consistently competing with each other, so it wouldn't be very difficult for Vergil to step up, who has also managed to put his brother in trouble more than once.

By the way, doesn’t the fact that he is able to defeat Chen in fencing, who sees all options for the future and beyond time, mean that Dante is, at worst, an Extraordinary Genius in battle? In addition, the fact that he is able to dodge the attacks of the omnipresent enemy clearly indicates his superior combat IQ.

I like the new profiles. I also think it's a good idea for Dante to be a Genius at least tactically. Another thing I consider is that Vergil should step up to this, as the Sparda brothers always prove to be capable of consistently competing with each other, so it wouldn't be very difficult for Vergil to step up, who has also managed to put his brother in trouble more than once.
Well, he certainly matches Dante's skill and strategies in battle, so he should be comparable I believe

By the way, doesn’t the fact that he is able to defeat Chen in fencing, who sees all options for the future and beyond time, mean that Dante is, at worst, an Extraordinary Genius in battle? In addition, the fact that he is able to dodge the attacks of the omnipresent enemy clearly indicates his superior combat IQ.
I'm not sure Dante can bypass Chen's haxes via Intelligence alone or some of his powers/resistances are also in play. His profile states, for his DMC2 resistances, the following:

If it's based on his powers, it shouldn't count as intelligence for doing it

I'm not sure Dante can bypass Chen's haxes via Intelligence alone or some of his powers/resistances are also in play. His profile states, for his DMC2 resistances, the following:

It shouldn't just be resistance. He doesn’t extinguish some ability that should affect his body. His enemy's ability is KNOWLEDGE ABOUT EVERYTHING. This feat must be considered from both a skill and resistance perspective. He knows an infinite number of techniques against him, and knows how to defend against each of them, but cannot beat Dante in skill.

Well, he certainly matches Dante's skill and strategies in battle, so he should be comparable I believe

Well not sure if should have resistance to precog since the raws mention that Dante can predict the future just like Ducas with BH

Dante's precg abilities is on par with BH himself

I fine with the CTR imo

Just say thay Dante Analytical Prediction is so good he can attack someone way faster than him With 1 to 2 days precog thanks to it
Idl what that means for skill tho

Back