• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Divine Deep Forest Emergence and Variable-Mass System KE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that 5 seconds is too fast to assume for the entire planet. The feat appears quick over the course of those pages because we're primarily seeing the victims who are closest to the tree itself get snatched up by the roots there.
What about the lower ends?

I know people are busy but does this thread really need to be getting dragged out for 1.5 months? As it stands now, all issues with the calc that have been brought up have been rectified.

@Damage3245 @CloverDragon03 @DemonGodMitchAubin @KLOL506

Sorry for the ping fellas, but could you please help evaluate the updated version of this calc so we can finally move things along? We'd really appreciate the help.
I'm a little bit confused by this part

"To find the total amount of roots I will find a surface area ratio for the small roots to the underneath area of the God Tree, and multiply by the total underneath area of the God Tree. The area of the small roots will be the disk cross section of their base (sum of the individual pi * radius^2) and they will be divided by the area they occupy (rectangle of length of the big root occupied and width of the diameter of the largest small root). Dividing that ratio by the average small root area will give a root per tree underside area ratio."

My small brain can't seem to comprehend the information

Hence why I haven't been much help

I'm a little bit confused by this part

"To find the total amount of roots I will find a surface area ratio for the small roots to the underneath area of the God Tree, and multiply by the total underneath area of the God Tree. The area of the small roots will be the disk cross section of their base (sum of the individual pi * radius^2) and they will be divided by the area they occupy (rectangle of length of the big root occupied and width of the diameter of the largest small root). Dividing that ratio by the average small root area will give a root per tree underside area ratio."

My small brain can't seem to comprehend the information

Hence why I haven't been much help
So basically, we don’t see all the small roots right. Rather we see X amount of small roots underneath the big tree. Those X amount of roots occupy a Y amount of area. So I found how many roots occupied a certain amount of the big tree’s underside area, aka there are X amount of roots per Y area (root number per square meter). Then I found the total underside area of the big tree, so the total surface area of the bottom of the big tree is Z square meters. Then to get the total number of roots I just multiplied roots per area by total area, (X roots / Y area) * (Z total area) = total number of roots.

So basically, we don’t see all the small roots right. Rather we see X amount of small roots underneath the big tree. Those X amount of roots occupy a Y amount of area. So I found how many roots occupied a certain amount of the big tree’s underside area, aka there are X amount of roots per Y area (root number per square meter). Then I found the total underside area of the big tree, so the total surface area of the bottom of the big tree is Z square meters. Then to get the total number of roots I just multiplied roots per area by total area, (X roots / Y area) * (Z total area) = total number of roots.
Ah, you found the number of roots in one area, then multiplied that number with the total number of patches where we see the roots?

Ah, you found the number of roots in one area, then multiplied that number with the total number of patches where we see the roots?
Yes, roots per area times the total area of the underside of the tree (aka the part where all the mini roots are)

I see, that makes sense I guess

'Kay, a few questions.

How'd you find the Small Root Total area of 11.367 km^2?

Where is the 9.48947px average tip diameter from? Is it from the bottom number?

Where's the 23.74 km^2 Occupied root area come from?

See, things like these you need to elaborate your math on and how you got these values.

How'd you find the Small Root Total area of 11.367 km^2?
sum of the individual pi * radius^2 (I mention this in calc)

Where is the 9.48947px average tip diameter from? Is it from the bottom number?
From the average of the roots poking out of the ground (yes the bottom set of pixels)

Where's the 23.74 km^2 Occupied root area come from?
It’s the area the visible mini roots occupy on the tree underside, aka the “Y” area from my prior message.

See, things like these you need to elaborate your math on and how you got these values.
I explain what I did in the paragraphs prior to the numbers 👁 👄 👁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back