• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirin AP Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
This thread is to address the Attack Potency of Sasuke's Kirin technique, not for the speed or anything else really.

Current Calc

The current calc we use for Kirin's Attack Potency, though I'm not quite sure when it accepted, is this one:

The method is that is being used in the original is that the volume of the Uchiha Hideout is being calculated, 80% is being removed to account for the hollowness of the structure and the remaining 20% is assumed to be vaporized.

While I can accept some evidence of some amount of vaporization present here, the whole hideout being vaporized doesn't look accurate to me given the amount of rubble in the centre of destruction that is remaining where Sauske and Itachi continue their fight, and the large pieces of rubble scattered around the area further out go against this too.

On top of the vaporization, Wrath calculates the kinetic energy of the rubble further out from the Uchiha Hideout which is assumed to be flung that far (1517.5 meters) in the timeframe that the Kirin lightning bolt is active which is assumed to be 0.2 seconds like a typical lightning bolt. Even if we accept this timeframe for the duration of the Kirin itself, I don't see why we would assume that the rubble would reach that distance in that short timeframe since we only see it that far out after the Kirin has already concluded and we're able to see the aftermath. The rocks / rubble being launched up in the air by the Kirin itself doesn't mean that they travelled that far.

For those reasons I don't think the current calc consisting of total vaporization + kinetic energy should be continued to be used.

NOTE: To correct myself though, KLOL's edited version is what is actually being used so the above part doesn't need much attention paid to it:

In KLOL's version the entire mass of the Uchiha Hideout is assumed to travel half of the total height of the Uchiha Hideout during the timespan of Kirin being active.

In other words all 2,313,092,535,881.568 kilograms that the hideout is composed of is assumed to travel 621.908475865 meters downwards, compressed by the lightning bolt in a timeframe of 0.2 seconds.

I have issues with the 0.2 timeframe being used as the Kirin, while composed of natural lightning, does not behave like a an actual bolt of lightning and lasts a total of four seconds in the anime depiction of it.

I also take issue with the entire mass of the Uchiha Hideout moving that far because the entire structure isn't simply compressed but large pieces of it are sent flying off from the destruction, and the majority of the mass of the Hideout is further down to the ground than the halfway point of the Hideout.

Other Calcs

I haven't fully investigated these other calcs but these are all the ones I could find that use valid methods (not saying all of these calcs are necessarily accurate):

There are some variations of methods being used here, and variations for the size scaling of the Uchiha Hideout which is the primary object of focus that is being destroyed. I need to remake my calc for it, since one of the original scaling images has seemingly been lost, but getting a concrete size for the Hideout is a good starting place for the calc.

To clarify; I don't think we should necessarily replace Wrath's calc with one of these, just that these are a good starting point for a re-calc.

What To Do

The main things to settle as far as I can tell is:

1) Decide on what the best scaling is for the size of the Uchiha Hideout.

2) Decide on what the best method of destruction is for calculating the Attack Potency of the Kirin.

But first off what I'd like to settle is to see if anyone else agrees with the current calc being used right now is flawed, as I think it is.

I've been really busy lately, which is why it has taken me so long to get this thread up and start off the discussion on it, but I will attempt to get a re-calc completed for this over this weekend.

Last edited:
My calc isn't what's currently accepted, KLOLs edit is. Though I'm not sure why we assume it's 80% hollow as I don't recall it ever being said.

So after looking at the current calcs, I feel it's safe to eliminate yours, tatas, immortals, and keps first calc since they all assume frag/v frag which both M3X rejected in your calc (unless there is a reason it can still be used). Also Keps second attempt uses very low quality scans which also makes it shaky as well.

To quote myself on the timeframe...

I noted that the anime's version of the feat was much, much more destructive than the manga version, whereas the manga was just straight-up compression.

And yeah, my calc only assumes a hollowness for the concrete structure, not the core mountain itself.

Other than that, I have nothing else to contribute to the discussion.

@KLOL506; I can see why you chose your method of calculating it and it is better than the original but going by this initial page of destruction when the Kirin strikes, I can't say that the majority or all of the volume of the mountain + Hideout was compressed downwards.

Perhaps if there was some way of calculating it just for the volume under the lightning bolt that get "compressed" while the rest is violently fragmented. (Judging by the size of fragements and the amount and sizse of the rubble in the aftermath.

The anime timeframe shouldn't even be relevant here since we already have a stated one which takes precedence over the anime.
I think you're conflating two different timeframe values there. (The speed is takes Kirin to reach its target and the duration of Kirin's existence)

@KLOL506; I can see why you chose your method of calculating it and it is better than the original but going by this initial page of destruction when the Kirin strikes, I can't say that the majority or all of the volume of the mountain + Hideout was compressed downwards.

Perhaps if there was some way of calculating it just for the volume under the lightning bolt that get "compressed" while the rest is violently fragmented. (Judging by the size of fragements and the amount and sizse of the rubble in the aftermath.
Hmmmm, try taking the diameter of the concrete structure at the top as the diameter for the cylinder that the bolt would compress through? The bolt did completely eclipse it from what I can see. The height would basically be height of the mountain.

The fragments that flew their distance's worth would prolly use some form of KE within that 0.2 s duration. You can get the fragments' total mass by subtracting the compressed mass from the mountain's full mass.

Last edited:
It might be a bit early to ask this, but from what I gathered we're going to need to recalculate the feat, right?

Okay, so the good news is that thanks to KLOL's input up above and having gone through all of the existing past calcs for this, I think I've got a good method for calcing the destruction that I'm happy with. Now I've just got to finish writing it down, formatting it and getting the images for pixelscaling.

I'm working on it tonight now that I've got some time and I'm expecting to finish it tomorrow.

Sorry, I don't really have an update at the moment. I've been speaking with UchihaSlayer who knows how busy I am currently and is scheduling the upcoming revisions for when we both have more time available. I'll put this thread on temporary hiatus and re-open it as soon as I can continue it.

Hey everyone.

So @Wrath_Of_Itachi asked me to re-open this thread in order to re-purpose it for his newly made Kirin calc.
Help in evaluating this calc will be highly appreciated because it's a rather important feat that can potentially affect the scaling a good deal.

Debris = 0.5 * 1.6045643e+13 * (2076.5/0.2)^2 = 8.6483052e+20

This part doesn't make sense to me.

You're using a shot of how far away the debris ended up away from the Uchiha hideout after the destruction took place, but you're assuming that the debris travelled that distance in the same 0.2 second timeframe as the lightning strike which doesn't make any sense.

You're using a shot of how far away the debris ended up away from the Uchiha hideout after the destruction took place, but you're assuming that the debris travelled that distance in the same 0.2 second timeframe as the lightning strike which doesn't make any sense.
0.2 seconds is the duration for which a lightning strike is visible, not the duration it takes for a cloud-to-ground lightning bolt to make contact with the ground.

0.2 seconds is the duration for which a lightning strike is visible, not the duration it takes for a cloud-to-ground lightning bolt to make contact with the ground.
That is correct, but doesn't address my point.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. The debris were sent that distance during Kirins impact on the mountain.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. The debris were sent that distance during Kirins impact on the mountain.
I'll try to rephrase.

The duration of the lightning's presence is 0.2 seconds.

The start distance of the rubble is the hideout/mountain itself, and the end distance is where the rubble ended up after the feat.

But just because the rubble was sent flying during the 0.2 seconds does not mean that they reached the end distance within that same 0.2 seconds timeframe.

I'll try to rephrase.

The duration of the lightning's presence is 0.2 seconds.

The start distance of the rubble is the hideout/mountain itself, and the end distance is where the rubble ended up after the feat.

But just because the rubble was sent flying during the 0.2 seconds does not mean that they reached the end distance within that same 0.2 seconds timeframe.
Thanks for breaking it down for me, I do have an explanation for this, though I'm not sure if you'll agree or not.

Here are the three scans from the manga where we see Kirin activated. In the first scan we see Kirin hit the Mountain and a bunch of rubble pieces get sent away from the mountain during the initial hit. Under that same scan we get a completely white panel which to me indicates the action of the pieces moving outward.

The second page shows the action of Kirin moving the pieces along with their destruction as we can see BZ getting smacked with rocks and the bushes next to the mountain getting pushed by the air pressure.

The last page shows the end process of the destruction where we see all of the rocks already at the distance calced, where we don't see any movement of rocks any more.

Isn't Kirin (the lightning bolt) visible when we see the debris moving, so wouldn't that mean the 0.2s time is valid?
See the debris moving =/= the debris has reached its final destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back