• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Disney Discussion Thread

KH is still separate as far we know.

Even with the closest connection with Toy Story, there's nothing concrete as between the Disney versions of all other characters being separate canonically-wise, the Toy Story universe is not in KH's cosmology with the currently known information, it's made a plot point that a copy was made for it and then placed in KH's setting, with the characters being kidnapped there for a test.

Chances are it'd be possible to argue for some degree of fate manip to several Disney characters in general as by the wishes they're destined to have a good ending and so on.

Last edited:
I believe that in Pinocchio, when Geppetto wishes upon a star, it's the Blue Fairy who responds to his calling and brings Pinocchio to life. So it isn't really any amount of Fate Manipulation, more so it's by her power. Even then, she states that Pinocchio has to work for it in order to become 100% human. As for Wish, I think I remember seeing they kind of backtracked on saying that it's canon to every Disney movie. Because otherwise Asha would've had to become whitewashed and the wishing is more reality warping imo.

The only fate manipulation that I can think of is the fairies in Sleeping Beauty. Like Maleficent making it destiny that Aurora will prick her finger and die, the other fairies modifying the curse so she'll sleep instead, and Flora making the sword that Phillip uses destined to kill Maleficent. Wishes are more reality warping in Disney than fate manipulation, even in Aladdin. Genie's wishes are more in the moment than what is going to happen. But this may change as I go through the Aladdin cartoon and see what haxes he has.

It's kind of ironic how the company's anthem is actually just flowery text lmao.

Last edited:
Seeing as how the Epic Mickey remake is coming around the bend, I think it's time to address the Mickey canon.

Epic Mickey should be connected to the theatrical canon and should work under the Actor's Canon theory thanks to this scene and the projectors. The projectors acknowledge Fantasia and Sleeping Beauty as films and according to the opening, this all takes place in 1990, 2 days before The Prince and The Pauper would be created, which fits as "forgotten" characters like Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow were not given starring roles until after.

(The two would appear in Mickey's Christmas Carol, which appears in the opening montage, so the game kind of breaks it's own rules but whatever)

House of Mouse would come next in the canon after the Epic Mickey series is finished. Clarabelle and Horace are no longer forgotten, but it's established via Constance in Bog Easy that Wastelanders can come back if they are remembered, and from then on, they make starring roles. House of Mouse also plays a bunch of cartoons old and new from Mickey's history.

The 2013 shorts might also be canon via multiple references to Mickey's history via the Steamboat Silly short.

The chronological Mickey Canon:

• Theatrical Shorts (Featured in Epic Mickey, House of Mouse, Runaway Brain, Mickey 2013 countless other references)
  • Floyd Gottfredson comics (multiple characters from this series, notably the Phantom Blot, appear in House of Mouse. Morty and Ferdie Fieldmouse who debuted in these comics appeared in Mickey's Steam-Roller, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Mickey Mouse Works, and Mickey 2013)
  • Silly Symphonies (Featured in Epic Mickey and House of Mouse)
  • TaleSpin (The Legend of the Chaos God states that it takes place 40 years before the events of Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers)
  • Fantasia (Featured in Epic Mickey, referenced countlessly, especially in House of Mouse)
  • Fun and Fancy Free (Featured in Epic Mickey)
  • 1950's cartoons (Featured in Epic Mickey)
  • The Mickey Mouse Club (Theme is often used in Mickey media, in the 2013 series, the club's ears are in Mickey's old belongings)
  • 1955 Nash Ambassador/Rambler commercials (Referenced in 2013 series)
  • Mickey's Christmas Carol (Featured in Epic Mickey)
  • The Prince and the Pauper (Featured in Epic Mickey and 2013 series)
  • Castle of Illusion (Power of Illusion is a direct sequel to this)
  • Epic Mickey (Multiple references to Disney and Mickey history. Takes place around when Prince and Pauper is made)
  • Epic Mickey: The Power of Two
  • Epic Mickey: The Power of Illusion
  • DuckTales (Launchpad McQuack exists, connecting it to Darkwing Duck)
  • Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (Donald is mentioned. The Legend of the Chaos God states it exists in the same universe as Tailspin, Goof Troop, DuckTales and Darkwing Duck)
  • Darkwing Duck (Mickey is a celebrity in Darkwing's world)
  • Goof Troop (Max debuts)
  • Quack Pack (Takes place in Duckberg)
  • Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas (Max shows up with Goofy as an extension of Goof Troop's canon)
  • Runaway Brain (Companion piece to A Goofy Movie)
  • A Goofy Movie (Max is a teenager)
  • Mickey Mouse Works (Directly featured on House of Mouse)
  • House of Mouse (Features lots of shorts from all eras, features Max, this time old enough to work and drive)
  • An Extremely Goofy Movie (Max is in college)
  • Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas (Max is all grown up)
  • Mickey Mouse 2013 and The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse (References theatrical shorts and many other Mickey media - especially in Steamboat Silly which features Fun and Fancy Free, Fantasia, The Band Concert, Thru The Mirror, Lonesome Ghosts, Plane Crazy, The Nifty Nineties, and even the 1955 Nash Rambler/Rambler commercials)
  • Once Upon a Studio (Everyone is Here - including Oswald)

Last edited:
Christ (in a surprised way), wasn't expecting the original Afternoon line-up to be canon, especially with a DuckTales decompositing project going on (a good thing for the Scrooge comics, particularly Barks and Rosa's, being their own separate universes).

From my memories reading Al Taliaferro's Donald Duck strips in a Finnish comic book (who lettered Floyd's above), Gus Goose and Huey, Dewey & Louie both debuted there before their own cartoons in late 1930's, with Goofy and Clarabelle having roles there too (though Bolivar appeared in Alpine Climbers, a Mickey cartoon). Basically the same case as Morty and Ferdie.

EDIT: Oh yes, Sport Goofy in Soccermania which predeced DuckTales by a few months in the same year, not only takes place in Duckburg and had comic-originated characters debut in animation, but it apparently started with a mockumentary of his typical goof-offs before showing a more competent self.

Last edited:
Important thing to note. House of Mouse establishes that though the events of Disney films are in-canon films, they aren't "acting" and they basically are the same personality AND power wise. Like, the villains are just as evil as they are in the movies and their magic is very real. They're more like documentaries, I guess? As opposed to Looney Tunes where they are just acting most of the time.

Epic Mickey also establishes Sleeping Beauty as one of these films.

Disney characters also frequently cross over into Mickey shorts.

Since Mickey doesn't crossover into the other films, I guess that doesn't make it a "true" crossover. But, all of these films in their entirety and their events are canon to this world. While the original characters don't scale, Mickey is in a unique position to scale to the "Disney franchise" versions of these characters.

Like, Ursula in her original film would not scale to Mickey.

But Mickey would scale to Ursula since The Little Mermaid is canon to Mickey.

Could we perhaps make a "Disney Canon" key for these characters though?

NEVER-F***ING-MIND ACTUALLY. BECAUSE THIS ACTUALLY WORKS IN THE LION KING CANON TOO.

AND THE LITTLE MERMAID. LOOK AT HIM, HE'S RIGHT THERE.

attachment.php

AND TOMATOA HAS KNOWLEDGE OF SEBASTIAN.

AND GENIE HAS KNOWLEDGE OF MICKEY AND POCAHONTAS.

AND RAPUNZEL IS JUST ATTENDING ELSA'S CORONATION.

IT'S ALL CONNECTED, IT'S ALWAYS BEEN CONNECTED.

GRAAAAHAAAA-

Although just the franchise key would probably fit.

Okay, I've properly watched Wish now that it dropped into Disney+, and I can say that it somehow would fit in KH lore, namely as in KH all Disney worlds used to be a single one, which then got destroyed and reborn into "countless" separate ones after a large war to gain Kingdom Hearts.

TBH I'd think it'd have been funny to explore the idea further given this over trying to quietly cancel the idea of Wish being canon to basically everything.

My current theory for toons is that they all suffer from Buzz Lightyear complexes.

When most toons are created, they lack self-awareness. Steamboat Willie Mickey did not seam to know he was an actor and was rather chaotic when his older self brought him out in Steamboat Silly from The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse. The same can be said with the toons in Power of Illusion. Mizarabel seemed to have called in toons like Beast, Rapunzel, and Jafar and trapped them into the Castle of Illusion from different time periods. This explains why they seem to be pulled in from their in-progress stories which seem to have been going on at once (Jafar is still the royal vizier, Rapunzel is still in her tower and Beast is still cursed). They all seem to be taking their problems very seriously.

In Roger Rabbit, we see that the cartoon worlds are built using physical sets, but the fourth wall is like a portal into the human world where they capture all of this on film. These sets contain a sun and a solar system. Rather than being a Reality-Fiction Transcendence thing like Looney Tunes, they are adjacent realms. When toons are created, they live in these worlds genuinely believing their stories and problems are real. And why shouldn't they? They're as real to them as Truman's life in the Truman show. However, when the story ends, they come out, and they meet the humans, whom to them, everything is just a movie, but regardless, it is real to them.

In more concrete narratives like say The Lion King it's like a one-and-done thing. But the reason that Mickey and the others are so meta is because they're reoccurring cartoon stars. They can't just be Truman Show'd over and over again. They have to be actors. Willing and professional actors. Toons like Roger Rabbit have more of a hands-on relationship with their directors with them having to ask for more takes instead of everything being in one continuous shot. Because they're already in on it.

But for villains like the Evil Queen, Jafar, and Maleficent... it's not so easy to... adapt. This is why even though their movies are over... they still display evil tendencies. Because that was their life. That was how they really were. Powerful. Not just for some performance but because they liked it. Because they are evil in nature. They still torment Mickey and even though they're invited like everyone else to the House of Mouse and are expected to behave, in House of Villains, that maliciousness still remains.

Of course, they can all live in the Cartoon World/Toontown away from humans where they can live life as they prefer. Which is where they end up after their work is finished in House of Mouse, Mickey Mouse 2013... and I would assume... Lion King 1 1/2.

I didn't want to cause any further preschool show attacks (even if that is more improved), but in "Papa Pluto" from Mickey Mouse: Mixed-Up Adventures (Mickey and the Roadster Racers around the first two seasons), the birds were watching a clip of the Hot Dog Dance from it's precursor (with characters like Horace, Clara, Jose & Panchito returning in other episodes).

There's no Mythology Gag mentions in Funhouse's page there, so it'll be shelved for now.

If Toodles becomes an actual decisive factor in Mickey winning a fight, I might go insane.

But in seriousness, I think he might be one of the strongest High 8-C characters. I think I might pit him up against Henry Stickmin.

Back